Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Four-Star 6'5 SG Reginald Todd commits to New Mexico State
Bookmark and Share
nmsuaggies Offline
SunBeltbbs NMSU INsider

I Root For:
Four-Star 6'5 SG Reginald Todd commits to New Mexico State
NMSU added another four-star recruit. 6'5 SG Reginald Todd committed to NMSU today.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sport...inald-todd

He is the second four-star recruit to commit to NMSU this summer. Last month, four-star 6'7 PG Jermaine Haley committed to NMSU .

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basket...aine-haley
08-10-2015 11:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Four-Star 6'5 SG Reginald Todd commits to New Mexico State
Does NMSU's coaching staff dream of starting 5 guys taller than 6'5?
08-10-2015 11:45 AM
nmsuaggies Offline
SunBeltbbs NMSU INsider

I Root For:
(08-10-2015 11:45 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Does NMSU's coaching staff dream of starting 5 guys taller than 6'5?

It could look like it. During the 2017/2018 season, we could start a line-up of 6'5, 6'7, 6'8, 6'9, and 6'11.
08-10-2015 11:49 AM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(08-10-2015 11:49 AM)nmsuaggies Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 11:45 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Does NMSU's coaching staff dream of starting 5 guys taller than 6'5?

It could look like it. During the 2017/2018 season, we could start a line-up of 6'5, 6'7, 6'8, 6'9, and 6'11.

Damn, we need to get you guys an All Sports invite . . . . Though, I don't look forward to playing that line up . . . .
08-10-2015 11:55 AM
Advertisement

tx.state Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TXST
Seriously...why is NMSU not an all-sports member?

They would add some much needed legitimacy to Sun Belt basketball.
08-10-2015 11:58 AM
nmsuaggies Offline
SunBeltbbs NMSU INsider

I Root For:
(08-10-2015 11:58 AM)tx.state Wrote:  Seriously...why is NMSU not an all-sports member?

They would add some much needed legitimacy to Sun Belt basketball.

NMSU has had a good mid-major basketball program over the last 8-9 years. But.... Marvin Menzies has actually upgraded the talent over the last couple of years. The next 4-5 years could be very special at NMSU if all these players are as good as advertised.
08-10-2015 12:16 PM
trojanbrutha Offline
Beltbbs Troy Football INsider

I Root For: TROY
Pretty sure he's one of the top recruits in Alabama...
08-10-2015 12:28 PM
Advertisement

NMSUPistolPete Online
All American

I Root For: NMSU
(08-10-2015 12:28 PM)trojanbrutha Wrote:  Pretty sure he's one of the top recruits in Alabama...

I find it interesting that NMSU is now recruiting in Sun Belt country. I wonder if Coach Menzies and this recruit know something about NMSU's basketball future that Aggie fan and SBC fans are not privy to currently?
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2015 12:40 PM by NMSUPistolPete.)
08-10-2015 12:37 PM
trojanbrutha Offline
Beltbbs Troy Football INsider

I Root For: TROY
(08-10-2015 12:37 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 12:28 PM)trojanbrutha Wrote:  Pretty sure he's one of the top recruits in Alabama...

I find it interesting that NMSU is now recruiting in Sun Belt country. I wonder if Coach Menzies and this recruit know something about NMSU's basketball future that Aggie fan and SBC fans are not privy to currently?

07-coffee3 03-idea 04-jawdrop 03-nutkick 04-cheers
08-10-2015 01:17 PM
SoCalBobcat78 Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST, UCLA, CBU
(08-10-2015 12:37 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  

This is a good pick-up. He had offers from Illinois State, MTSU and Arkansas Little Rock. He has a lot of upside. He may have to sit out a year. He was academically ineligible for football last season. He may not qualify for D1 right away. He is also a cousin of JaMarcus Russell, which from my point of view is not a positive thing.
08-10-2015 01:26 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Quote:The 6-foot-5 Todd, who transferred from LeFlore to Blount at the end of his sophomore season, had to sit out his junior year. He will play both football and basketball for the Leopards this year.

Todd also has offers from Tulane, Oregon State, South Alabama, Alcorn State, Arkansas Little Rock, Illinois State, Charleston Southern and Middle Tennessee. He also had interest from Mississippi State, but he said the Aggies' location had a lot to do with his choice.

"I think it will just put me in a better environment, kind of get me away from everything," he said. "I think it will be good for me and allow me to focus on my academics."

link

At least someone from the South likes our location.
08-10-2015 02:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CajunAmos Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cajuns
(08-10-2015 02:31 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:The 6-foot-5 Todd, who transferred from LeFlore to Blount at the end of his sophomore season, had to sit out his junior year. He will play both football and basketball for the Leopards this year.

Todd also has offers from Tulane, Oregon State, South Alabama, Alcorn State, Arkansas Little Rock, Illinois State, Charleston Southern and Middle Tennessee. He also had interest from Mississippi State, but he said the Aggies' location had a lot to do with his choice.

"I think it will just put me in a better environment, kind of get me away from everything," he said. "I think it will be good for me and allow me to focus on my academics."

link

I'm just surprised that a four star recruit had only so called mid-major offers.
08-10-2015 02:35 PM
NMSUPistolPete Online
All American

I Root For: NMSU
(08-10-2015 02:35 PM)CajunAmos Wrote:  

link

I'm just surprised that a four star recruit had only so called mid-major offers.

Grades are probably the determining factor as to why big schools stay away. Fortunately, NMSU has a very good red-shirt program which has helped these type of kids excel academically. Most of NMSU's current roster red-shirted their freshman year; so they could get their grades and credit hours (transcripts) in order. Reggie Todd probably won't be seen in an Aggie uniform until 2017.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2015 03:59 PM by NMSUPistolPete.)
08-10-2015 03:35 PM
CajunAmos Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cajuns
(08-10-2015 03:35 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 02:35 PM)CajunAmos Wrote:  

link

Grades are probably the determining factor as to why big schools stay away. Fortunately, NMSU has a very good red-shirt program which has helped these type of kids excel academically. Most of NMSU's currently roster red-shirted their freshman year; so they could get their grades and credit hours (transcripts) in order. Reggie Todd probably won't be seen in an Aggie uniform until 2017.

OK. Thanks
08-10-2015 03:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.