Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rolling Stone: McKinnon wants to be the man in Minnesota
Bookmark and Share
ButlerGSU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GA Southern
Rolling Stone: McKinnon wants to be the man in Minnesota
07-30-2015 09:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eagle9098 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS
RE: Rolling Stone: McKinnon wants to be the man in Minnesota
He would probably be the man if he were in Atlanta or several other teams. I hope he does push Peterson for time. McKinnon is no joke.
07-30-2015 11:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scrotumus Offline
Special Teams

F- Rolling Stone and the horse they rode in on... actually that is an insult to the poor horse.

They will never live down rape story fabrication nor the stupidity of taking 40 years to put Rush (aka the holy trinity) on the cover. F-em...
07-31-2015 05:19 PM
eagleskins Offline
1st String

I Root For: GSU
Rolling Stone is easily one of the top 5 magazines of all time.
08-01-2015 02:46 AM
Scrotumus Offline
Special Teams

(08-01-2015 02:46 AM)eagleskins Wrote:  Rolling Stone is easily one of the top 5 magazines of all time.

Not even in the top 50 in circulation, and increasingly irrelevant due to shoddy journalism practices, libel, plagiarism, and liberal bias.
08-01-2015 10:25 AM
Godzilla Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST
Not sure if you've had to much coffee or to much FOX News...
08-01-2015 10:40 AM
Advertisement

trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
(08-01-2015 10:40 AM)Godzilla Wrote:  Not sure if you've had to much coffee or to much FOX News...

What does RS's poor reporting and low numbers have to do with Fox News?

oh I get it, RS is a left leaning magazine and anything negative about them must be Fox News conspiracy. 05-nono

Anyway, I'm glad for the coverage. RS may not be a huge magazine today, but historically they are a big deal. So in closing GATA J. Mac.
08-01-2015 10:52 AM
Godzilla Offline
All American

(08-01-2015 10:52 AM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 10:40 AM)Godzilla Wrote:  Not sure if you've had to much coffee or to much FOX News...

oh I get it, RS is a left leaning magazine and anything negative about them must be Fox News conspiracy. 05-nono

Anyway, I'm glad for the coverage. RS may not be a huge magazine today, but historically they are a big deal. So in closing GATA J. Mac.

It was a joke... but if you really want to know, when you play the "liberal media" victimization card you lump yourself into the FOX News ideology. They say it so much that now anytime I hear the term "liberal media" I either picture some dumb*** redneck who actually thinks FOX is "fair and balanced" and everyone else is the "liberal media" always trying to attack them... or Bill O'Reilly's face. As a marketer I respect the job FOX News has done pushing their falsehoods and propaganda to the people who use it as confirmation bias. It really is incredibly brilliant but let's not pretend it has any basis in reality. Do I care about Rolling Stone? Absolutely not, I'm a millennial we don't give two shyts about magazines. I just find it funny when people use the phrase FOX has conditioned you to believe.
08-01-2015 11:33 AM
Godzilla Offline
All American

Back to the subject at hand I think McKinnon will get more playing time than people think. AP is good, maybe even the best but he is still 30 years old and will need to split off a few more reps if he plans to make it through his contract.
08-01-2015 11:41 AM
trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
(08-01-2015 11:33 AM)Godzilla Wrote:  

It was a joke... but if you really want to know, when you play the "liberal media" victimization card you lump yourself into the FOX News ideology. They say it so much that now anytime I hear the term "liberal media" I either picture some dumb*** redneck who actually thinks FOX is "fair and balanced" and everyone else is the "liberal media" always trying to attack them... or Bill O'Reilly's face. As a marketer I respect the job FOX News has done pushing their falsehoods and propaganda to the people who use it as confirmation bias. It really is incredibly brilliant but let's not pretend it has any basis in reality. Do I care about Rolling Stone? Absolutely not, I'm a millennial we don't give two shyts about magazines. I just find it funny when people use the phrase FOX has conditioned you to believe.

ah, explains your bias too. Also, I never said "liberal media" just referred to them as left leaning (actually don't know if they are, but was basing it on what the previous poster said about a liberal bias). It's funny how Fox is always right wing propaganda, but liberals/left leaning people never see their source of news and information the same way. Must be because of the brain washing from the left wing propaganda. 03-shhhh
08-01-2015 12:37 PM
07pantheralum Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GSU/GT
(08-01-2015 12:37 PM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  

ah, explains your bias too. Also, I never said "liberal media" just referred to them as left leaning (actually don't know if they are, but was basing it on what the previous poster said about a liberal bias). It's funny how Fox is always right wing propaganda, but liberals/left leaning people never see their source of news and information the same way. Must be because of the brain washing from the left wing propaganda. 03-shhhh

So FOX's liberal foil is MSNBC, right? We can agree on that? Ever wonder why FOX's ratings dwarf anything MSNBC has ever done? It's because people who lean a certain direction generally don't need to be told what to think. The others who keep FOX the top cable news channel in history do.

"Liberal media" is a lie anyways. You bought it hook, line and sinker. Dupe.
08-01-2015 07:47 PM
Advertisement

SBEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
Re: RE: Rolling Stone: McKinnon wants to be the man in Minnesota
(08-01-2015 07:47 PM)07pantheralum Wrote:  

So FOX's liberal foil is MSNBC, right? We can agree on that? Ever wonder why FOX's ratings dwarf anything MSNBC has ever done? It's because people who lean a certain direction generally don't need to be told what to think. The others who keep FOX the top cable news channel in history do.

What???
08-01-2015 08:05 PM
07pantheralum Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GSU/GT
(08-01-2015 08:05 PM)SBEagle Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 10:52 AM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  What does RS's poor reporting and low numbers have to do with Fox News?

What???

What was unclear?
08-01-2015 09:47 PM
SBEagle Offline
1st String

Re: RE: Rolling Stone: McKinnon wants to be the man in Minnesota
(08-01-2015 09:47 PM)07pantheralum Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 08:05 PM)SBEagle Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 11:33 AM)Godzilla Wrote:  It was a joke... but if you really want to know, when you play the "liberal media" victimization card you lump yourself into the FOX News ideology. They say it so much that now anytime I hear the term "liberal media" I either picture some dumb*** redneck who actually thinks FOX is "fair and balanced" and everyone else is the "liberal media" always trying to attack them... or Bill O'Reilly's face. As a marketer I respect the job FOX News has done pushing their falsehoods and propaganda to the people who use it as confirmation bias. It really is incredibly brilliant but let's not pretend it has any basis in reality. Do I care about Rolling Stone? Absolutely not, I'm a millennial we don't give two shyts about magazines. I just find it funny when people use the phrase FOX has conditioned you to believe.

What???

What was unclear?

Nevermind, I re-read it and understand what you are stating.
08-01-2015 10:35 PM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern

Left - abc,nbc,cbs,msnbc,cnn,Comedy Central,pbs,npr

Right - foxnews

Given the markets are close to equal, it appears the left market is split 8 ways. Maybe that explains the ratings.

Now, back on topic. Really hoping McKinnon can get 10+ touches a game.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2015 10:57 PM by GSU Eagles.)
08-01-2015 10:49 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
I don't think McKinnon will get many carries next season, primarily because I think it is Minnesota's intent to run AP into the ground.

On the topic of the article? Don't care the source, it's good pub for Georgia Southern.

Regarding the "liberal media" thing... Just about every media outlet out there is bought and paid for by one party or the other... so it's mainly all junk.
08-01-2015 11:04 PM
Advertisement

Baldy Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(08-01-2015 07:47 PM)07pantheralum Wrote:  So FOX's liberal foil is MSNBC, right? We can agree on that? Ever wonder why FOX's ratings dwarf anything MSNBC has ever done? It's because people who lean a certain direction generally don't need to be told what to think. The others who keep FOX the top cable news channel in history do.

Myopia. 07-coffee3
08-02-2015 07:56 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/pic...ls-0108072

An example of how laughable RS is...
08-02-2015 08:07 AM
Native Georgian Online
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(08-01-2015 07:47 PM)07pantheralum Wrote:  So FOX's liberal foil is MSNBC, right? We can agree on that?
FOX's liberal foil is ABC, CBS, NBC (incl. MSNBC), NPR, NY Times, Washington Post, etc. etc. etc.

Quote:people who lean a certain direction generally don't need to be told what to think.
If only the people who've kept Stewart/Colbert/Maher on the air all these years could think for themselves, the world would be a better place. Alas there's not much hope for them...
08-02-2015 01:26 PM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
Lets get this back to the OT.
08-02-2015 01:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.