WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Franklin, "just average" according to the Slappies
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=340&f=2793&t=13964643

According to the Slappietards JF is not all that good. I remember when Zurlon Tipton had similar numbers as a junior and he was deemed All World, and after the purse snatcher had a few good games he was anointed "a beast." Heck even freshmen Devon Spaulding was tagged with superlatives after putting up a few hundred yards............for the year 03-lmfao

I can only imagine the collective angst when they are battling EMU to stay out of the cellar.
07-25-2015 12:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
RE: Franklin, "just average" according to the Slappies
Well he said above-average (but not ga-ga about him):

Quote:I don't think you're crazy, the browncows have a good QB, a stud WR, an above avg RB (I'm not as in love with Franklin as the defendants and their clown posse. I think his top end is say Zurlon Tipton: which is good, but not unbeatable good... As we know).
07-25-2015 04:36 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(07-25-2015 12:58 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=340&f=2793&t=13964643

According to the Slappietards JF is not all that good. I remember when Zurlon Tipton had similar numbers as a junior and he was deemed All World, and after the purse snatcher had a few good games he was anointed "a beast." Heck even freshmen Devon Spaulding was tagged with superlatives after putting up a few hundred yards............for the year 03-lmfao

I can only imagine the collective angst when they are battling EMU to stay out of the cellar.

Against MAC West teams, Franklin had 422 yards 6 TD's in 96 carries, 4.4 yard rushing avg. Factor out his big game against Ball State and against the other 4 MAC West teams and he compiled 266 yards, 3 TD's in 72 carries- 3.2 yard avg.
07-25-2015 05:25 PM
acer1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
B Rocket, if we are "factoring" here are we able to consider his injury for the last four games of the year? He probably played on an ankle that would have had you in a cast, all league games mind you. While we don't know the full nature of the injury, you know HIPA laws, it would be my guess that he suffered a high ankle sprain. Your hope should be that he is injured again this year when we visit Toledo.

Always proud to be a Bronco, RTB.
07-25-2015 05:32 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
(07-25-2015 05:32 PM)acer1 Wrote:  B Rocket, if we are "factoring" here are we able to consider his injury for the last four games of the year? He probably played on an ankle that would have had you in a cast, all league games mind you. While we don't know the full nature of the injury, you know HIPA laws, it would be my guess that he suffered a high ankle sprain. Your hope should be that he is injured again this year when we visit Toledo.

This
07-25-2015 05:54 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

(07-25-2015 05:32 PM)acer1 Wrote:  B Rocket, if we are "factoring" here are we able to consider his injury for the last four games of the year? He probably played on an ankle that would have had you in a cast, all league games mind you. While we don't know the full nature of the injury, you know HIPA laws, it would be my guess that he suffered a high ankle sprain. Your hope should be that he is injured again this year when we visit Toledo.

Lol, Acer just dropped the bomb!
07-25-2015 08:19 PM
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

Franklin - 1 of 2 MAC players to be named to Maxwell Award watchlist. Only MAC player to be named to Walter Camp Award watchlist. Oh, and he'll be a SOPHOMORE this year.

Kinda speaks for itself.
07-25-2015 09:38 PM
The Colonel Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(07-25-2015 05:25 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Against MAC West teams, Franklin had 422 yards 6 TD's in 96 carries, 4.4 yard rushing avg. Factor out his big game against Ball State and against the other 4 MAC West teams and he compiled 266 yards, 3 TD's in 72 carries- 3.2 yard avg.

Since we're not accounting for injuries and ruling out big games against Ball State - sounds like a fair, objective comparison, right? - FWIW Franklin had more yards (266, compared to 229 for Hunt) and more TDs (3, compared to 1 for Hunt) in games against all other MAC West opponents last season.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2015 09:53 PM by The Colonel.)
07-25-2015 09:49 PM
utpotts Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo
(07-25-2015 09:49 PM)The Colonel Wrote:  
(07-25-2015 05:25 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Against MAC West teams, Franklin had 422 yards 6 TD's in 96 carries, 4.4 yard rushing avg. Factor out his big game against Ball State and against the other 4 MAC West teams and he compiled 266 yards, 3 TD's in 72 carries- 3.2 yard avg.

Since we're not accounting for injuries and ruling out big games against Ball State - sounds like a fair, objective comparison, right? - FWIW Franklin had more yards (266, compared to 229 for Hunt) and more TDs (3, compared to 1 for Hunt) in games against all other MAC West opponents last season.

Hunt was also hurt for three games last season including the game against WMU. The same game where a freshman Terry Swanson ran for 172 yards compared to Franklin, who only had 66.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2015 12:08 AM by utpotts.)
07-26-2015 12:00 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:

Hunt was injured against Ball State and only played part of the game.
Kareem missed CMU and WMU.
Hunt-Ball State 142 yds 1 TD 12 carries 11.8 yards rushing avg
Swanson -CMU 97 yds 1 TD 11 carries 8.8 yards rushing avg
Swanson-WMU 172 yds 1 TD 19 carries 9.1 yards rushing avg
Hunt-NIU 123 yds 0 TD's 18 carries 6.6 yards rushing avg
Hunt-EMU 110 yds 1 TD 22 carries 5.0 yards rushing avg

Franklin-Toledo 64 yds 1 TD 20 carries 3.2 yards rushing avg
Franklin-Ball State 161 yds 3 TD 24 carries 6.7 yards rushing avg.
Franklin-EMU 26 yds 0 TD 5 carries 5.2 yards rushing avg
Franklin-CMU 79 yds 1 TD 18 carries 4.3 yards rushing avg
Franklin-NIU 92 yds 1 TD 29 carries 3.2 yards rushing avg
Franklin-
07-26-2015 01:02 AM
arrows80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MSU, CMU
(07-25-2015 12:58 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=340&f=2793&t=13964643

lol

I see you've placed the words just average in quotes in the title of your thread. Can you highlight where anyone actually said Franklin was "just average" in the thread you linked? I eagerly await your reply.

Thanks.

p.s. Speaking of remembering Tipton, I remember when you said CMU's oline struggled to open holes for him - you know, despite the fact he had 1500 yards at almost 6 ypc. 03-lmfao
07-26-2015 08:33 AM
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Okay I'll bite. Barry Sanders and Antinio Brown were just above average. If you take the term literally you can replace "great" with above average and be correct.

We all know what the Slappies meant by above average. It's their way of dodging the same superlatives they gave to Rawls, Lavalli, and Spaulding at various stages of the season. "He's a beast, great, a future stud!"

When little kids are jealous of A toy another kid has they will often marginalize it rather than reveal their own jealousy.

1500 yards on a bum leg, leads the nation in TDs much of the year, all as a true freshmen. Yeah, above average 01-wingedeagle

CMUs best chance against WMU the next 3 years will be if Mr. Above Average leaves early, transfers, gets injured, or commits crime. Any of those scenarios sound familiar to you?

Thanx lol
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2015 09:09 AM by Chipdip2.)
07-26-2015 09:06 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Arrow wrote
p.s. Speaking of remembering Tipton, I remember when you said CMU's oline struggled to open holes for him - you know, despite the fact he had 1500 yards at almost 6 ypc. 03-lmfao
[/quote]

Yes, who could forget that 6 win 4th place season. Another magical moment in the Enos era 03-lmfao
07-26-2015 09:14 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

07-26-2015 09:16 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(07-26-2015 09:16 AM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  http://www.mlive.com/chippewas/index.ssf...ral_m.html

I'm not convinced, DD.

I'm not either. They will be fighting it out with EMU. Enos knew what he was doing when he made the move to the Razorbacks.
07-26-2015 09:27 AM
The Colonel Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(07-26-2015 01:02 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

Hunt was injured against Ball State and only played part of the game.
Kareem missed CMU and WMU.

Apparently, I need to do a better job of making my sarcasm stand out. My bad. Note to self: Use more pictures or smilies with Rocket fans. 05-duck

Yes, I know that Hunt was hurt and missed two games against MAC West opponents. I also know that Franklin was injured in the first quarter against EMU and played injured against CMU and NIU (though there was no acknowledgement of that from the Rocket fans). There are plenty of ways in which you can go about arguing that Hunt is a better runner than Franklin. Focusing solely on games against MAC West opponents while accounting for injury on Hunt's part - but not on Franklin's - is not one of them.

As for the Swanson stats - yep, he's a pretty good back, too. It may be worth pointing out - again - that both Hunt and Swanson ran behind an OL with five senior starters last year, including the MAC POY.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2015 01:16 PM by The Colonel.)
07-26-2015 11:46 AM
Advertisement

arrows80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MSU, CMU
(07-26-2015 09:06 AM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Okay I'll bite. Barry Sanders and Antinio Brown were just above average. If you take the term literally you can replace "great" with above average and be correct.

We all know what the Slappies meant by above average. It's their way of dodging the same superlatives they gave to Rawls, Lavalli, and Spaulding at various stages of the season. "He's a beast, great, a future stud!"

When little kids are jealous of A toy another kid has they will often marginalize it rather than reveal their own jealousy.

1500 yards on a bum leg, leads the nation in TDs much of the year, all as a true freshmen. Yeah, above average 01-wingedeagle

CMUs best chance against WMU the next 3 years will be if Mr. Above Average leaves early, transfers, gets injured, or commits crime. Any of those scenarios sound familiar to you?

Thanx lol

lol

Translation: "As Arrows noted, I have the reading comprehension skills of a fourth grader."

Thanks.
07-26-2015 06:14 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Other "above average" people. Abe Lincoln, Albert Einstein, Babe Ruth, Jessie Owens, Michael Jordan, and Jack Nicklaus.

We know what your mouth breathing buddies on Slappie Illy meant, and for that matter you know what they meant as well.
07-26-2015 09:20 PM
acer1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Hmmmm, Arrow let's review some of the comments. What in your opinion was it meant when "an above average RB" was used? Since in my parlance average would be right around 50%, so above average is quiet a range to chose from and since the comment was made by a Chip, am I wrong in assuming that it was meant to be on the low end of the average? Oh by the way, I believe that he was voted by the league as the "Freshman of the Year", and also the "Offensive Player of the Year", and that was by independent voters............not an ordinary fan from a rival. I might add that he has been added to a couple of watch list for the current season, and that again is by some rather independent agencies.

Now let's look at the comment, like a "very ordinary roster". That same roster seems to possess other players that are on the 2015 several national watch list what was it something like 12 different players. Yeah that is some ordinary roster all right, in fact I think it is in the same league as some of the other MAC contending teams. Care to comment about that?

Then we can look at the comment about being lead by "a used car salesman", the very same person that was named the MAC "Coach of the Year". He not only has signed the 2 best recruiting classes for two years but is currently recruiting another highly ranked class for the 2016 class. Some "Used car Salesman".

Then Arrow please tell us what we are not comprehending? It is obvious that the above quotes were made by a rival and your comment made to demean. I ask you which comments are the most demeaning?

07-26-2015 09:39 PM
GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin

Who really cares what CMU fans think of our players?

Many of these are the same people who gleefully and blindly supported a buffoon like Dan Enos. 01-wingedeagle

Screw 'em.

WMU has won two of the last three, including last season's comfortable win in half-empty Kelly-Shorts Stadium. 02-13-banana

What few Chippewa fans remain have no leverage against us.

Let's focus on the many positive things Fleck is doing with our program and let the EMU-wanna-be fans in Mount Pleasant talk to themselves.
07-27-2015 07:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.