Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kickoff Discussion (2015 )- #1 FIU @ UCF
Bookmark and Share
Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
Kickoff Discussion (2015 )- #1 FIU @ UCF
Last year, at about this time and to generate some football discussion, I posted (one game about every 3-4 days) all Opening Day games. We have 12 opening weekend games -- North Texas has a bye in the first week -- coming up in a couple of months. Let's take each one of those and have a lively discussion of each game for a couple of days. Every 3-4 days, depending on how the discussion goes, I'll add a new topic with a new game.

First game: FIU at UCF. (Thursday, September 3).

My take: This is a real test for the Panthers, right out of the gate to see if they can step up their game even further. If they can, and are competitive, I think it spells a more successful season in Conference play for FIU. But I don't see a win here. UCF's offense is returning a lot of weapons.

UCF doesn't seem to have lost much from last year, but then again, neither did the Panthers. But there is no possibility that UCF will take FIU lightly as I believe the Panthers took the Knight's to the mat a couple of seasons ago, winning in Miami.

If FIU can manage not to get burned by its attacking defense, then they might well hold their own against a more than decent returning UCF offense. I don't think a blow out will occur, but I do see a 14 -20 point win for the UCF since the game is in Orlando. If the Panthers can keep it moderately competitive until late into the game, with its defense, it might be enough of a catalyst to move into the future.

I think 34 - 14 is the final outcome. Although I hope I'm wrong and its closer than that. It sure would be sweet to sneak up on the AAC with a win here, but I don't see that happening. UCF is one of the stronger teams in the AAC over the last two years and looks like they will be again.

Do your best to talk football and not smack. I know it's hard, but try.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2015 08:45 AM by Cnelson203.)
06-07-2015 08:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Kickoff Discussion (2015 )- #1 FIU @ UCF
UCF is probably about 17 points better than FIU, so I will go 31 -14 Knights...
06-07-2015 09:06 AM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
I wish I could see it differently, but I just don't see a good matchup for FIU. I see it 35-10, UCF.
06-07-2015 09:51 AM
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
UCF 31, FIU 13
06-07-2015 10:24 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(06-07-2015 08:41 AM)Cnelson203 Wrote:  Last year, at about this time and to generate some football discussion, I posted (one game about every 3-4 days) all Opening Day games. We have 12 opening weekend games -- North Texas has a bye in the first week -- coming up in a couple of months. Let's take each one of those and have a lively discussion of each game for a couple of days. Every 3-4 days, depending on how the discussion goes, I'll add a new topic with a new game.

First game: FIU at UCF. (Thursday, September 3).

My take: This is a real test for the Panthers, right out of the gate to see if they can step up their game even further. If they can, and are competitive, I think it spells a more successful season in Conference play for FIU. But I don't see a win here. UCF's offense is returning a lot of weapons.

UCF doesn't seem to have lost much from last year, but then again, neither did the Panthers. But there is no possibility that UCF will take FIU lightly as I believe the Panthers took the Knight's to the mat a couple of seasons ago, winning in Miami.

If FIU can manage not to get burned by its attacking defense, then they might well hold their own against a more than decent returning UCF offense. I don't think a blow out will occur, but I do see a 14 -20 point win for the UCF since the game is in Orlando. If the Panthers can keep it moderately competitive until late into the game, with its defense, it might be enough of a catalyst to move into the future.

I think 34 - 14 is the final outcome. Although I hope I'm wrong and its closer than that. It sure would be sweet to sneak up on the AAC with a win here, but I don't see that happening. UCF is one of the stronger teams in the AAC over the last two years and looks like they will be again.

Do your best to talk football and not smack. I know it's hard, but try.

AS a UCF fan I fear this will be a real test.

WE lost our top 3 receivers on offense. A truly great middle linebackerand two or three defensive backs. I never take an in-state rivalry game lightly and FIU has beaten us before.

Our defense line should be a challenge for FIU and a young QB. We should be a good running team this season. If we run the ball well and pressure the QB we will win this game. It should be close.

I am happy that UCF schedules in state schools and I am looking forward to this game. 04-cheers

UCF 27- FIU 17
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2015 10:38 AM by No Bull.)
06-07-2015 10:36 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
Since this is a relevant thread i'll provide some insight into this years UCF team:

-Position Groups

-Receivers

UCF lost all major receiving options from last year, 2 of which are currently on NFL squads (Breshad Perriman, 1st round to the Ravens, and Rannell Hall who signed an UDFA contract with the Buccaneers, and made it past OTA's) and one of the staple WR's and PR's in JJ Worton, who hasn't signed yet because of an ACL injury sustained in last year's SMU game.

We return Jordan Akins and... that's pretty much it. Akins is a massive, former Baseball Player with the Rangers talent system, that committed in 2010 originally. Well he's back in his True Sophomore season, and he looks every inch a professional athlete, at 6'3", 240 pounds. Look for him to play a slot / TE role in many different looks.

Aside from Akins, several players are expected to step up for the receiving core, who all looked good in the Spring Game.

Former Pinellas county passing leader, Pete Dinovo, after completely bombing the opener with Penn State last year in Ireland, he's converted into a slot receiver role, and may see looks in our Wild Knight package that has been dormant since 2013's South Carolina game, given his skill set. He played reliably in the spring game, but nothing too spectacular.

Other targets that received some good time were Taylor Oldham and Michael Colubiale, who, till that day, I had really never heard of.

2 Players are expected to step in immediately though. Tre'Quan Smith, a redshirt sophomore that only sat last year because of the incredible talent ahead of him, made a Breshad Perriman-esque, laying out catch in the spring game. He was scout team player of the year last year, and will undoubtedly replace Perriman as the deep route Play Action player this year, right away.

The other player expected to contribute right away is consensus best recruit in UCF history, Tristan Payton, who chose the knights over Florida and USC (the Cali-flavored one).

UCF might switch to a more Tight End heavy role, utilizing some surprising catching ability in Kevin Miller, but the hope is to stack the line and grind for 4 yards at a time, with an ace-backfield set. I'm not sure how heavily we'll rely on the read option this year, like we have in past years. (albeit, rely is too strong a word)

-Running Backs

The standard UCF ground attack will be back in full force, lead by William Stanback, who is picked as the 1st or 2nd best RB in the conference depending on who you ask (competition being Kenneth Farrow of Houson, and Marlon Mack of USF).

The depth at Running Back is such that one of our previous signees, Micah Reed, actually transferred away to an as yet undetermined school in hopes of seeing playing time, as all of Dontravious Wilson, Taj McGowan, and Stanback look to be in the 1-2-3 lineup, solidly. This is surprising, because McGowan is true freshman that turned a lot of heads in the spring game. He is readily nipping at the heels of the 1 and 2 RB already.

UCF recruited a true Fullback last season, in the monster of an 18 year old, Aaron Cochran. The 6'3", 267 lber (last weighed) chose UCF over Louisville, and looks to replace Joseph Puopolo as the lead blocker in the run game, with options for receiving from the backfield as well. I'm not sure if we'll be burning a red shirt on him with Puopolo in the mix, but who knows. You never want to sit athletic players who can contribute.

-Quarterback

This is Justin Holman's team. There's no question about that. What is in question is QB2. It was expected that Tyler Harris would step up and be a solid 2 in his Redshirt Freshman season, but he's having basic mechanic issues, and was completely unproductive in the spring game. Nick "Perfect Spiral" Patti is a mobile QB, with some skill. He's interception prone, and while the same as Jeff Godfrey, who succeeded in his first year as a pure DTQB in 2010, gone are the days of the smaller C-USA O-linemen, and, put simply, he literally bounces the balls off the heads of his o-linemen all too often. He's quite agile and moderately fast, but without a passing threat, he's really not a long term option. The Jesuit QB from Dallas, Bo Schneider might be the future of the knights.

-O-Line

This was the weakest unit last year. Multiple combinations of 10 different players in the front 5 were utilized last year in an effort to get back to the elite unit that was 2013. They never really got into a rhythm, as is evidenced by the poor rushing attack from last year, ranking among the worst in FBS in total rushing yards. UCF only loses Torrian Wilson on the line, and adds some big uglies in Luke Hiers and Tyler Hudanick up front. They'll likely not contribute this year, as is the way with the O-Line, where experience trumps athleticism, all things considered. The starting lineup is anyone's guess.

-D-Line

This is UCF's strongest returning unit, of the entire team, let alone the defense. Thomas Niles, a redshirt senior DE, looks to improve upon his performance last year, which garnished him an all AAC second team spot. With his help, UCF ended up having probably the #1 DL unit in the conference, surprisingly. Other notable names are Demetris Anderson (Senior) and an expected power up the middle in Jamiyus Pittman, a True Sophomore who has seen the field since day one.

-Linebacker

This is an area i'm not too sure about. If the D-Line proves to be lackluster, and it falls on the LB to stop the run, i'm not overly confident that this position group is up to the task (at least in comparison to prior LB groups of UCF days). Losing Terrance Plummer is big. He was the heart and soul of this defense, having started at MLB for something like 3 years. His presence will be missed, undoubtedly. Look for support from Virginia transfer, Demeitre Brim, JUCO (from last year) Errol Clarke, and some strong performances from Chequan Burkett and Domenic Spencer.

-Defensive Backs

UCF lost every starter in the Backfield. Gone are Brandon Alexander, Clayton Geathers, Jordan Ozerites, and Jacoby Glenn. 3/4 were Redshirt Seniors (see: experience). Glenn elected to leave early for the NFL draft, which seems to have been a mistake, because even though he brought home all conference honors at corner, he went undrafted entirely.

All is not fire and brimstone though, as i'm personally not as worried about this group as I am, say, the offensive line. It's no secret that an O'Leary D has always been strong so long as he has been head coach at UCF (except for 2004.... no one remembers that year because it didn't happen.), and this year should be just another reload for the DB crew.

Just take a look at the talent that has been recruited over the past 2 years at this position: Rashard Causey, Brandon Scott, Kyle Gibson, Chris Williams, and Mike Rogers, among others. Between these 5 players alone, they boast 94 D1 FBS offers, most from top schools like Auburn, Ohio State, Georgia Tech, Florida, etc. There is just too much talent here to be bad for any length of time. And for a school that produces underrated talent like UCF, there's no expectation of a dropoff. Teams will not be beating UCF through the air, that's for sure.

-Offensive Style

Kind of a question mark at this point. Under Bortles (and probably due to a transition in offense experienced under Godfrey, who our former C-USA brethren should be amply familiar with) a transition was made from a strictly pro style offense, to more of a collegiate read option offense. Don't get me wrong, the play action was the bread and butter of the offense, but with options in mobile QB's over the past 5 years, Taafe (since retired) would have been a fool to pass up on the opportunity to get yards on the ground with a capable runner.

Holman appears to be less of a runner than Bortles, who's knack for extending the play was the source of many of his hidden yards, but is more durable, I would say.

UCF has seen a lot of odd looks over these past few years, utilizing a lot of screens to the flat, or WR options, Jet Sweeps, TE lead blocking and all sorts of run based shenanigans. It seemed to have worked well, because Perriman left UCF with an average yards per reception of over 20 yards.

Bottom line, if UCF can get 4 yards a carry on the ground, you better believe we'll pound it every single time. If that's not available to us, then Brent Key, the OC heir, has more than enough tools at his disposal to get creative. However, stopping the run is the way you beat UCF. That, and forcing turnovers.

-Defensive Style

UCF utilizes a prototypical 4-3 set, DE's range between 250-270 lbs with packages for run stop (see: Luke Adams) and pass rush (see: Miles Pace)

Standard Sam, Mike, Will linebackers, though a nickelback is often used in the pass first college offenses, that hybrids size and speed.

Strong play from the Safeties has been a staple of UCF play. Big Hits, and dominating ball hawk style of play.

Prognosis

If FIU is to win, they must stop the run, get ahead early to make us play catch up, and harass the quarterback. Can they do that?
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2015 12:00 PM by Kruciff.)
06-07-2015 11:58 AM
Advertisement

FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Thanks for the information on UCF, Kruciff.

It is obvious FIU will have its hands full when facing UCF. While FIU returns like 17 starters from last year's team, I don't see us winning over UCF this year.

Go Panthers!
06-07-2015 12:30 PM
FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: FIU
Yep. our offense is not ready to compete against a quality defense. I think a 10-14 pint loss is the likely outcome.
06-07-2015 01:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

(06-07-2015 11:58 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  If FIU is to win, they must stop the run, get ahead early to make us play catch up, and harass the quarterback. Can they do that?

My guess would be 2 out of 3, but that will not be enough.
06-07-2015 01:43 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
We tend to play to the level of competition. Add to that it is the first game and a whole lot of new receivers out there. and totally revamped secondary. UCF 27 FIU 14
06-08-2015 07:56 AM
FAUAEPi Offline
1st String

I Root For: FAU
I will root for nobody but the referees. Actually, I won't even root for the refs. I hope they're as inconsistent and stressful as possible.
06-08-2015 10:05 AM
Advertisement

Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(06-08-2015 10:05 AM)FAUAEPi Wrote:  I will root for nobody but the referees. Actually, I won't even root for the refs. I hope they're as inconsistent and stressful as possible.

Shhh be patient, your time on the chop block will come soon enough.
06-08-2015 10:37 AM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(06-08-2015 10:05 AM)FAUAEPi Wrote:  I will root for nobody but the referees. Actually, I won't even root for the refs. I hope they're as inconsistent and stressful as possible.

C'mon man. Team, then conference. Getting a win here, however unlikely, would be a big start on repeating last year's conference success. Just root for CUSA if you can't actually hope for FIU to win, lol. FAU gets more money if we do well as a whole.

Nice analysis on UCF, Kruciff.
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2015 12:27 PM by MUther.)
06-08-2015 12:26 PM
isidnirb Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
(06-07-2015 11:58 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  Since this is a relevant thread i'll provide some insight into this years UCF team:

-Position Groups

-Receivers

UCF lost all major receiving options from last year, 2 of which are currently on NFL squads (Breshad Perriman, 1st round to the Ravens, and Rannell Hall who signed an UDFA contract with the Buccaneers, and made it past OTA's) and one of the staple WR's and PR's in JJ Worton, who hasn't signed yet because of an ACL injury sustained in last year's SMU game.

We return Jordan Akins and... that's pretty much it. Akins is a massive, former Baseball Player with the Rangers talent system, that committed in 2010 originally. Well he's back in his True Sophomore season, and he looks every inch a professional athlete, at 6'3", 240 pounds. Look for him to play a slot / TE role in many different looks.

Aside from Akins, several players are expected to step up for the receiving core, who all looked good in the Spring Game.

Former Pinellas county passing leader, Pete Dinovo, after completely bombing the opener with Penn State last year in Ireland, he's converted into a slot receiver role, and may see looks in our Wild Knight package that has been dormant since 2013's South Carolina game, given his skill set. He played reliably in the spring game, but nothing too spectacular.

Other targets that received some good time were Taylor Oldham and Michael Colubiale, who, till that day, I had really never heard of.

2 Players are expected to step in immediately though. Tre'Quan Smith, a redshirt sophomore that only sat last year because of the incredible talent ahead of him, made a Breshad Perriman-esque, laying out catch in the spring game. He was scout team player of the year last year, and will undoubtedly replace Perriman as the deep route Play Action player this year, right away.

The other player expected to contribute right away is consensus best recruit in UCF history, Tristan Payton, who chose the knights over Florida and USC (the Cali-flavored one).

UCF might switch to a more Tight End heavy role, utilizing some surprising catching ability in Kevin Miller, but the hope is to stack the line and grind for 4 yards at a time, with an ace-backfield set. I'm not sure how heavily we'll rely on the read option this year, like we have in past years. (albeit, rely is too strong a word)

-Running Backs

The standard UCF ground attack will be back in full force, lead by William Stanback, who is picked as the 1st or 2nd best RB in the conference depending on who you ask (competition being Kenneth Farrow of Houson, and Marlon Mack of USF).

The depth at Running Back is such that one of our previous signees, Micah Reed, actually transferred away to an as yet undetermined school in hopes of seeing playing time, as all of Dontravious Wilson, Taj McGowan, and Stanback look to be in the 1-2-3 lineup, solidly. This is surprising, because McGowan is true freshman that turned a lot of heads in the spring game. He is readily nipping at the heels of the 1 and 2 RB already.

UCF recruited a true Fullback last season, in the monster of an 18 year old, Aaron Cochran. The 6'3", 267 lber (last weighed) chose UCF over Louisville, and looks to replace Joseph Puopolo as the lead blocker in the run game, with options for receiving from the backfield as well. I'm not sure if we'll be burning a red shirt on him with Puopolo in the mix, but who knows. You never want to sit athletic players who can contribute.

-Quarterback

This is Justin Holman's team. There's no question about that. What is in question is QB2. It was expected that Tyler Harris would step up and be a solid 2 in his Redshirt Freshman season, but he's having basic mechanic issues, and was completely unproductive in the spring game. Nick "Perfect Spiral" Patti is a mobile QB, with some skill. He's interception prone, and while the same as Jeff Godfrey, who succeeded in his first year as a pure DTQB in 2010, gone are the days of the smaller C-USA O-linemen, and, put simply, he literally bounces the balls off the heads of his o-linemen all too often. He's quite agile and moderately fast, but without a passing threat, he's really not a long term option. The Jesuit QB from Dallas, Bo Schneider might be the future of the knights.

-O-Line

This was the weakest unit last year. Multiple combinations of 10 different players in the front 5 were utilized last year in an effort to get back to the elite unit that was 2013. They never really got into a rhythm, as is evidenced by the poor rushing attack from last year, ranking among the worst in FBS in total rushing yards. UCF only loses Torrian Wilson on the line, and adds some big uglies in Luke Hiers and Tyler Hudanick up front. They'll likely not contribute this year, as is the way with the O-Line, where experience trumps athleticism, all things considered. The starting lineup is anyone's guess.

-D-Line

This is UCF's strongest returning unit, of the entire team, let alone the defense. Thomas Niles, a redshirt senior DE, looks to improve upon his performance last year, which garnished him an all AAC second team spot. With his help, UCF ended up having probably the #1 DL unit in the conference, surprisingly. Other notable names are Demetris Anderson (Senior) and an expected power up the middle in Jamiyus Pittman, a True Sophomore who has seen the field since day one.

-Linebacker

This is an area i'm not too sure about. If the D-Line proves to be lackluster, and it falls on the LB to stop the run, i'm not overly confident that this position group is up to the task (at least in comparison to prior LB groups of UCF days). Losing Terrance Plummer is big. He was the heart and soul of this defense, having started at MLB for something like 3 years. His presence will be missed, undoubtedly. Look for support from Virginia transfer, Demeitre Brim, JUCO (from last year) Errol Clarke, and some strong performances from Chequan Burkett and Domenic Spencer.

-Defensive Backs

UCF lost every starter in the Backfield. Gone are Brandon Alexander, Clayton Geathers, Jordan Ozerites, and Jacoby Glenn. 3/4 were Redshirt Seniors (see: experience). Glenn elected to leave early for the NFL draft, which seems to have been a mistake, because even though he brought home all conference honors at corner, he went undrafted entirely.

All is not fire and brimstone though, as i'm personally not as worried about this group as I am, say, the offensive line. It's no secret that an O'Leary D has always been strong so long as he has been head coach at UCF (except for 2004.... no one remembers that year because it didn't happen.), and this year should be just another reload for the DB crew.

Just take a look at the talent that has been recruited over the past 2 years at this position: Rashard Causey, Brandon Scott, Kyle Gibson, Chris Williams, and Mike Rogers, among others. Between these 5 players alone, they boast 94 D1 FBS offers, most from top schools like Auburn, Ohio State, Georgia Tech, Florida, etc. There is just too much talent here to be bad for any length of time. And for a school that produces underrated talent like UCF, there's no expectation of a dropoff. Teams will not be beating UCF through the air, that's for sure.

-Offensive Style

Kind of a question mark at this point. Under Bortles (and probably due to a transition in offense experienced under Godfrey, who our former C-USA brethren should be amply familiar with) a transition was made from a strictly pro style offense, to more of a collegiate read option offense. Don't get me wrong, the play action was the bread and butter of the offense, but with options in mobile QB's over the past 5 years, Taafe (since retired) would have been a fool to pass up on the opportunity to get yards on the ground with a capable runner.

Holman appears to be less of a runner than Bortles, who's knack for extending the play was the source of many of his hidden yards, but is more durable, I would say.

UCF has seen a lot of odd looks over these past few years, utilizing a lot of screens to the flat, or WR options, Jet Sweeps, TE lead blocking and all sorts of run based shenanigans. It seemed to have worked well, because Perriman left UCF with an average yards per reception of over 20 yards.

Bottom line, if UCF can get 4 yards a carry on the ground, you better believe we'll pound it every single time. If that's not available to us, then Brent Key, the OC heir, has more than enough tools at his disposal to get creative. However, stopping the run is the way you beat UCF. That, and forcing turnovers.

-Defensive Style

UCF utilizes a prototypical 4-3 set, DE's range between 250-270 lbs with packages for run stop (see: Luke Adams) and pass rush (see: Miles Pace)

Standard Sam, Mike, Will linebackers, though a nickelback is often used in the pass first college offenses, that hybrids size and speed.

Strong play from the Safeties has been a staple of UCF play. Big Hits, and dominating ball hawk style of play.

Prognosis

If FIU is to win, they must stop the run, get ahead early to make us play catch up, and harass the quarterback. Can they do that?

Did you actually take the time to write that? Holy crap, impressive but damn you got some free time.
06-08-2015 02:45 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(06-08-2015 02:45 PM)isidnirb Wrote:  
(06-07-2015 11:58 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  Since this is a relevant thread i'll provide some insight into this years UCF team:

-Position Groups

-Receivers

-Running Backs

-Quarterback

-O-Line

-D-Line

-Linebacker

-Defensive Backs

-Offensive Style

-Defensive Style

Prognosis

Did you actually take the time to write that? Holy crap, impressive but damn you got some free time.

I'm actually a fast typer, I wrote it over a couple of hours, simply saving the browser in between.

I'm an engineer for Daimler... free time is what you make of it lol.
06-08-2015 04:40 PM
JPFIU Offline
Water Engineer

I hope I am wrong but I got UCF 34 FIU 14. But don't overlook FIU this year. I'm predicting an improved team overall. If the offense improves enough we may make a bowl. I'm counting on some upset victories for FIU this year. But UCF is not likely to be one.
06-08-2015 08:06 PM
Advertisement

Fish Offline
1st String

If FIU showed any signs of a competent offense last year I would have a bit of optimism... But they didn't. I think FIU will be able to limit UCF's scoring, especially since they lost a lot of weapons at receiver. I see this being a low scoring game as UCF makes a couple of long drives and wins this one 27-13. I do think FIU will be much better this year, but they do not match up well with UCF's athletic defense. I will definitely be looking forward to it and hope FIU can surprise me and the world. Don't sleep on FIU's defense though... Just like the year when FIU won. That's our only hope.
06-08-2015 09:52 PM
TheFIUtheproud Offline
2nd String

I'm going contrarian here. Yes, UCF should be favored in this one. Home game, and plenty of talent. They have good coaching and recruiting. Of course. But, I'm predicting that FIU comes out and plays a near-perfect game and UCF commits all sorts of mistakes. FIU wins, 24-21 in an upset. UCF fans go back to hating their coach as they do every so often. The UCF fans go ballistic on-line calling for UCF to never, ever, ever again play an inferior team and protest the fact that they were 3/4 of the way into the Big12 or ACC. The recent (last 5 years) UCF superiority complex is put on the shelf for one week and they find their mojo later in the season. All ends well and UCF fans complain about some fluke curse when they play the ever inferior FIU. USF fans come out of every hole and troll UCF fansites until UCF beats USF later in the year. By the end of the year the UCF fans are talking about how they are the second best team in the State next to FSU.

Of course, I could be wrong. But in all seriousness, UCF igs dang good and will be hard to beat.
06-09-2015 09:49 AM
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

If FIU can keep this game respectable and maybe even a bit competitive, that will be a major accomplishment and hopefully a precursor of progress yet to come.
06-09-2015 11:14 AM
FAUAEPi Offline
1st String

I Root For: FAU
(06-08-2015 12:26 PM)MUther Wrote:  

C'mon man. Team, then conference. Getting a win here, however unlikely, would be a big start on repeating last year's conference success. Just root for CUSA if you can't actually hope for FIU to win, lol. FAU gets more money if we do well as a whole.

Nice analysis on UCF, Kruciff.

Normally, I always root for CUSA and Florida schools when they play out of conference or out of state. That said, a game like this is all about recruiting. FIU seems to be getting back on their feet. Being able to claim a win over UCF will do good things for FIU, both in perception and recruiting. So why would I want FIU to have ANY leg up on us in those categories, especially when we get our own chances at UCF a couple years from now. It's not that I necessarily want FIU to lose, I just want what's best for FAU. And TBH, if both teams could lose, that would be what's best for FAU. Considering that UCF is on a level high above us right now, they're not as much of a threat to our current vision as FIU is.

All of this being said, I expect this to be a game much closer that some expect. Has Kruciff has pointed out to, UCF is having a good amount of turnover from last season, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Coupled with FIU's vastly improving defense, I think UCF will struggle to put points on the board. It's so hard to predict scores when we're so far away from gameday, but I think the kitties will keep it close.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2015 02:26 PM by FAUAEPi.)
06-09-2015 02:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.