Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

O/T: Curry vs. James (a missed opportunity for the Zips?)
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
O/T: Curry vs. James (a missed opportunity for the Zips?)
James was raised in Akron. Curry, we now know, was born in Akron.

I, for one, doubt that James would have played for the Zips (even though many Zip fans think that he would have played for them if not for that thing called the NBA).

Curry would have been interesting. Maybe stay home? Wasn't Curry, according to what I read, a 3-star recruit?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba.../28056815/

So maybe instead of the Zags, we'd have college basketball talking Zips during March Madness. Zip fans could have dreamt anyway... 03-cloud9
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2015 04:31 AM by emu steve.)
05-28-2015 04:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

uakronkid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Akron
RE: O/T: Curry vs. James (a missed opportunity for the Zips?)
Nobody in Akron cares about Curry. The only time you hear about him is when people make "Second best basketball player from Akron" jokes.

In fact, while he was born in Akron, that's really his only connection. He grew up in North Carolina and Toronto.
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2015 12:54 PM by uakronkid.)
05-28-2015 12:51 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
The Akron fans I know don't harbor the illusion that there was any chance LJ would have ever gone to Akron for two reasons: there was no chance he was doing anything but go to the NBA, and he has said he would probably have gone to OSU or Duke or some other name program and even that is just idle speculation on his part about "what might have been if..."
05-28-2015 02:40 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(05-28-2015 02:40 PM)axeme Wrote:  The Akron fans I know don't harbor the illusion that there was any chance LJ would have ever gone to Akron for two reasons: there was no chance he was doing anything but go to the NBA, and he has said he would probably have gone to OSU or Duke or some other name program and even that is just idle speculation on his part about "what might have been if..."

I've heard fans (Akron fans, of course) who swear that if James had been forced to go collegiate that his ties to Akron and Dambrot was such that he'd go to Akron.

That was one of those "I'll believe it when I saw it..."
05-28-2015 02:45 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(05-28-2015 02:45 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(05-28-2015 02:40 PM)axeme Wrote:  The Akron fans I know don't harbor the illusion that there was any chance LJ would have ever gone to Akron for two reasons: there was no chance he was doing anything but go to the NBA, and he has said he would probably have gone to OSU or Duke or some other name program and even that is just idle speculation on his part about "what might have been if..."

I've heard fans (Akron fans, of course) who swear that if James had been forced to go collegiate that his ties to Akron and Dambrot was such that he'd go to Akron.

That was one of those "I'll believe it when I saw it..."

Those were the stupid fans.
05-28-2015 03:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.