Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Bitter Pill To Swallow (Baseball)
Bookmark and Share
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Question Bitter Pill To Swallow (Baseball)
USF, the 4th AAC team selected for the baseball regionals, was taken over UofM despite the fact that we beat them 3 out of 5 games including the one that counted most (i.e., in the tournament) supposedly because of their higher RPI ranking. OK, I can buy that, but it's hard to accept that the following schools were also taken:

Mercer (#120)
Houston Baptist (#138)
Cannisius (#203)
Sacred Heart (#223)
Florida Atlantic (#232) & had a losing record

Our final RPI was #68 and the record was 37-20, including 10 wins over schools that are in the regionals. Yet, we have "fans" saying that our season was "mediocre" and that failing to make a regional was "all Rock's fault". To that I say, they are as full of crap as a Christmas turkey.
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2015 11:59 AM by Gray Avenger.)
05-27-2015 11:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Crini Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Bitter Pill To Swallow (Baseball)
(05-27-2015 11:58 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  USF, the 4th AAC team selected for the baseball regionals, was taken over UofM despite the fact that we beat them 3 out of 5 games including the one that counted most (i.e., in the tournament) supposedly because of their higher RPI ranking. OK, I can buy that, but it's hard to accept that the following schools were also taken:

Mercer (#120)
Houston Baptist (#138)
Cannisius (#203)
Sacred Heart (#223)

Our final RPI was #68 and the record was 37-20, including 10 wins over schools that are in the regionals. Yet, we have "fans" saying that our season was "mediocre" and th at failing to make a regional was "all Rock's fault". To that I say, they are as full of crap as a Christmas turkey.

I can't speak with any authority on NCAA Baseball, but I would like to say this: You clearly prepare Christmas turkey very differently than I do.
05-27-2015 01:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(05-27-2015 11:58 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  USF, the 4th AAC team selected for the baseball regionals, was taken over UofM despite the fact that we beat them 3 out of 5 games including the one that counted most (i.e., in the tournament) supposedly because of their higher RPI ranking. OK, I can buy that, but it's hard to accept that the following schools were also taken:

Mercer (#120)
Houston Baptist (#138)
Cannisius (#203)
Sacred Heart (#223)

Our final RPI was #68 and the record was 37-20, including 10 wins over schools that are in the regionals. Yet, we have "fans" saying that our season was "mediocre" and that failing to make a regional was "all Rock's fault". To that I say, they are as full of crap as a Christmas turkey.

Two teams, Sacred Heart and Lehigh had losing records. Florida A&M's record was 23-23. All of the ones you cited above were conference champions which gave them automatic bids. I am not sure why that is hard to accept since it's always been that way.

It does seem like the baseball Tigers start out strong most years and fizzle down the stretch. This year they were a little bit closer but going 4-6 in their last 10 games doomed them to having to win the conference tourney to get in.
05-27-2015 01:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

Don't lose 2 series to crappy Cincy and we might make it this year might not have been all Rocks fault but what about every year since 2007?
05-27-2015 01:38 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

Mercer (#120)
Houston Baptist (#138)
Cannisius (#203)
Sacred Heart (#223)

Warren Nolan has our RPI at 72 with an SOS of 116 and USF with an RPI of 30 and SOS of 10. There is no way we get in being behind that much.

Ending the season 6-8 against mediocre opposition did us in. 9-5 probably gets us in comfortably.
05-27-2015 01:43 PM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Rock needs to schedule better, no way around it.
05-27-2015 02:13 PM
Advertisement

ocabaseball21 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: memphis
Your joking right? The schools you listed won their conference.. I know not much baseball is talked about on this board, but you couldn't possiblyy think Mercer, Houston Baptist, Sacred Heart, FAMU, and FAU were taken ahead of us on an at large bid... It's just like basketball..There are AutoBids I really hope you knew that and just had a brain fart
05-27-2015 02:42 PM
ocabaseball21 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: memphis
And the team was full of Seniors.. and losing the last 3 series did us in
05-27-2015 02:43 PM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-27-2015 01:31 PM)mairving Wrote:  I am not sure why that is hard to accept since it's always been that way.

Think on it for a while and maybe it will come to you. Hint: it has something to do with lousy teams getting a shot at the championship while more deserving teams sit at home plus the fact that football is done entirely different, such that winning your conference means zilch unless you are in the cartel. Could it possibly be that the "elite" programs would rather face Sacred Hearts and Florida A&M's in the baseball regionals than a team like Memphis?
05-27-2015 04:51 PM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(05-27-2015 04:51 PM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  
(05-27-2015 01:31 PM)mairving Wrote:  I am not sure why that is hard to accept since it's always been that way.

Think on it for a while and maybe it will come to you. Hint: it has something to do with lousy teams getting a shot at the championship while more deserving teams sit at home plus the fact that football is done entirely different, such that winning your conference means zilch unless you are in the cartel. Could it possibly be that the "elite" programs would rather face Sacred Hearts and Florida A&M's in the baseball regionals than a team like Memphis?
You are just bitter and the only one that is. Memphis faded down the stretch. Memphis doesn't schedule anybody non conference year after year. Yet you still wonder why they still got left out. Come on man open your eyes and look at the numbers and results
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2015 05:02 PM by tigers0830.)
05-27-2015 04:56 PM
MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

(05-27-2015 04:51 PM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  

Oh would you stop it! That's a pathetic excuse the way we played as of late Sacred Heart or Florida whatever direction would probably give them a better game
05-27-2015 05:18 PM
Advertisement

jdock432 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Bitter Pill To Swallow (Baseball)
You literally sound so stupid!! Those teams won their conference tourney!! U really think the elite schools are worried about us?? We beat freakin UT Martin 2-1 and had to score in the ninth to tie!! This team was terrible down the stretch and if they had gotten into a regional would've had zero chance to win. You sound utterly ignorant to question why teams that won their league tournaments got bids. You clearly know ***** about college baseball. Stick to complaining about school colors, atleast that's something to laugh at
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2015 06:19 PM by SigEpMike.)
05-27-2015 06:00 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

The last three weeks were very damaging.
05-27-2015 08:09 PM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-27-2015 06:00 PM)jdock432 Wrote:  You literally sound so stupid!! Those teams won their conference tourney!!

Those teams were in patsy conferences - a fact that you choose to ignore.

Quote:U really think the elite schools are worried about us??
No, but I think they like their chances of the likes of Sacred Heart better.

Quote:We beat freakin UT Martin 2-1 and had to score in the ninth to tie!!

Baseball is a funny game sometimes. Had you attended that game, you would have a better understanding of what happened. UTM is to be congratulated for playing the game of their life on defense (and being lucky enough to have so many balls hit straight at them).

Quote:This team was terrible down the stretch and if they had gotten into a regional would've had zero chance to win.

"Down the stretch", we did manage wins against very tough Tulane and USF. You actually think the Sacred Hearts have a BETTER chance to win than our team which already owns wins against 6 of the teams in the bracket?

Quote:You sound utterly ignorant to question why teams that won their league tournaments got bids.

Never said I didn't know why - only that it is a bitter pill.

Quote:Stick to complaining about school colors, at least that's something to laugh at

I've noticed that idiots and imbeciles do a lot of laughing.
05-28-2015 09:13 AM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(05-28-2015 09:13 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  
(05-27-2015 06:00 PM)jdock432 Wrote:  You literally sound so stupid!! Those teams won their conference tourney!!

Those teams were in patsy conferences - a fact that you choose to ignore.

Quote:U really think the elite schools are worried about us??
No, but I think they like their chances of the likes of Sacred Heart better.

Quote:We beat freakin UT Martin 2-1 and had to score in the ninth to tie!!

Baseball is a funny game sometimes. Had you attended that game, you would have a better understanding of what happened. UTM is to be congratulated for playing the game of their life on defense (and being lucky enough to have so many balls hit straight at them).

Quote:This team was terrible down the stretch and if they had gotten into a regional would've had zero chance to win.

"Down the stretch", we did manage wins against very tough Tulane and USF. You actually think the Sacred Hearts have a BETTER chance to win than our team which already owns wins against 6 of the teams in the bracket?

Quote:You sound utterly ignorant to question why teams that won their league tournaments got bids.

Never said I didn't know why - only that it is a bitter pill.

Quote:Stick to complaining about school colors, at least that's something to laugh at

I've noticed that idiots and imbeciles do a lot of laughing.
Oh man that 1 win each against Tulane and South Florida down the stretch was so big. What about the the series losses to Cincinnati both times, UCF, and Tulane down the stretch?

Or do you just choose to forget those. The team faded down the stretch. That is literally an example of fading. You some like a little baby whining about this. Memphis didn't deserve to get in with how they finished and the crap schedule they played.
05-28-2015 10:15 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-28-2015 10:15 AM)tigers0830 Wrote:  You some like a little baby whining about this.

And you are like a troll. Welcome to my ignore list.
05-28-2015 10:17 AM
Advertisement

Willie Becton Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Fair Play.
you put crap in your christmas turkey?
05-28-2015 10:22 AM
jdock432 Offline
Bench Warmer

The ignore list.. NOOOOOOO not that!!!!
05-28-2015 10:50 AM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Oh man I'm so hurt by being put on your ignore list. Grow up dude
05-28-2015 10:59 AM
TonyDaTiger Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(05-27-2015 02:42 PM)ocabaseball21 Wrote:  Your joking right? The schools you listed won their conference.. I know not much baseball is talked about on this board, but you couldn't possiblyy think Mercer, Houston Baptist, Sacred Heart, FAMU, and FAU were taken ahead of us on an at large bid... It's just like basketball..There are AutoBids I really hope you knew that and just had a brain fart

This...

Holy hell this board sometimes.
05-29-2015 04:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.