Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Horford Was Screwed
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
OT: Horford Was Screwed
No way Horford should have been hit with a Flag2...no way.

Also...I think Dellavedova rolled into him on purpose.

thoughts?
05-24-2015 08:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
RE: OT: Horford Was Screwed
Hodor
05-24-2015 08:55 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

(05-24-2015 08:55 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  Hodor

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-Jceb-qI8w_XaTXOIH8d...KE4L6fYd57]

PS: You're insane
05-24-2015 09:01 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
I agree, F1 at worst and Della is a dirty player.
05-24-2015 09:06 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Epic Mind Blown
05-24-2015 11:02 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(05-24-2015 08:54 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  No way Horford should have been hit with a Flag2...no way.

thoughts?

Does Horford play for the Lightning or the Rangers?
05-24-2015 11:07 PM
Advertisement

oasispirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
Probably, not. However this just proves Lebron James would take any team in the east to the NBA finals.
05-25-2015 06:41 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-25-2015 06:41 AM)oasispirate Wrote:  Probably, not. However this just proves Lebron James would take any team in the east to the NBA finals.

It certainly helps that Sefilosha got his leg broke by police, Korver got his ankle broke last game, and Horford got cheezed into getting himself kicked out a half. Carroll is also diminished and by injury as well. The Sefilosha loss was a sneaky bigger one to than most people realize. He was among their best +/- and line ups involved him and would have drawn a lot of guarding Lebron.

The Cavs probably get better defensively without Love or Kyrie on the court and I think Lebron feels less pressure to appease other star players IMO. Seems like he works better sometimes when it's just him and shooters. I also think guys like JR Smith are very underrated. He was just and 18ppg scorer and 2nd best player on a 54 win team a couple years ago.
05-25-2015 07:30 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
I've been a Hawks fan since 1955. They got screwed on that call, but they weren't gonna beat LeBron in the series, not with all the injuries they have. Cleveland is missing their next two best players, also.

Looks to me like Golden State is going to benefit from all the injuries.
05-25-2015 07:41 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-24-2015 08:54 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  No way Horford should have been hit with a Flag2...no way.

thoughts?

The bottomline is you can't be throwing elbows at peoples heads much less dropping one in like hulk hogan when they are on the ground. Especially when you are 6-10. That's a good way to really hurt or even kill someone. He deserved to get kicked out and probably suspended.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2015 08:25 AM by StillJonesing.)
05-25-2015 08:22 AM
oasispirate Offline
1st String

(05-25-2015 07:30 AM)StillJonesing Wrote:  
(05-25-2015 06:41 AM)oasispirate Wrote:  Probably, not. However this just proves Lebron James would take any team in the east to the NBA finals.

It certainly helps that Sefilosha got his leg broke by police, Korver got his ankle broke last game, and Horford got cheezed into getting himself kicked out a half. Carroll is also diminished and by injury as well. The Sefilosha loss was a sneaky bigger one to than most people realize. He was among their best +/- and line ups involved him and would have drawn a lot of guarding Lebron.

The Cavs probably get better defensively without Love or Kyrie on the court and I think Lebron feels less pressure to appease other star players IMO. Seems like he works better sometimes when it's just him and shooters. I also think guys like JR Smith are very underrated. He was just and 18ppg scorer and 2nd best player on a 54 win team a couple years ago.

JR Smith is a very good player, but look what Melo did with him on the Knicks? Lebron James is probably the greatest player of alltime and imo outside of maybe a year and a half when Wade was healthy has never really had a good supporting cast.

The Heat imo outside of Wade (injury prone) and Bosh (good but overrated) really had a pretty average roster.

Lebron is about to make his 5th finals in a row, pretty insane. It took a shooting clinic by the Spurs to beat him last year. Michael Jordan never faced a team as good as San Antonio imo, plus as you've said before the game is just so much different now.
05-25-2015 08:42 AM
Advertisement

oasispirate Offline
1st String

Your also forgetting that Anderson Varejao is out for the Cavs, that was a huge loss at the time.
05-25-2015 08:44 AM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-25-2015 08:44 AM)oasispirate Wrote:  Your also forgetting that Anderson Varejao is out for the Cavs, that was a huge loss at the time.

The bigger loss was Pau Gasol getting hurt. That allowed the Cavs to get by Chicago. Otherwise Cleveland had no one that could guard Gasol.
05-25-2015 09:13 AM
oasispirate Offline
1st String

(05-25-2015 09:13 AM)PirateMarv Wrote:  
(05-25-2015 08:44 AM)oasispirate Wrote:  Your also forgetting that Anderson Varejao is out for the Cavs, that was a huge loss at the time.

The bigger loss was Pau Gasol getting hurt. That allowed the Cavs to get by Chicago. Otherwise Cleveland had no one that could guard Gasol.

You would agree however that Bulls were more healthy than the Cavs tho right? They didn't even have JR Smith for game one.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2015 09:24 AM by oasispirate.)
05-25-2015 09:23 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-25-2015 08:42 AM)oasispirate Wrote:  JR Smith is a very good player, but look what Melo did with him on the Knicks?

They won 54 games one year and went to the 2nd round of the playoffs with Tyson Chandler, Melo and JR Smith, and with Chandler and Melo missing 20 games each. That's not to bad at all.

If you just looked at some JR Smith highlights he actually looks like he has Kobe like talent. He makes some incredible dunks and off balance shots and is probably an underachiever for his actual talent level and physical gifts.

Quote:Lebron James is probably the greatest player of alltime and imo

I agree with you there. I'm no Lebron stanboy but I think Lebron is just simply bigger, stronger, more versatile, and better than anyone that has ever played.

I'm sure people will take issue with that and bring up rings, but basketball is a team game and Jordan had loaded teams and played in a watered down NBA. Hell take a player like Ron Harper, he was a 20ppg 6rpg 5apg the year before he went to the bulls and averaged 6.9ppg on the bulls the next year as a role player.

The NBA has 6 expansion teams from 1988-1995, not to mention this was prior to it being a world wide game that didn't have 17% more international players on their rosters and a much larger talent pool to draw on it has today.

BTW you take out the 2 years the 3 pt line was moved up and Jordan shot 28.8% form three. I think it would be a lot harder for him to dominate in todays NBA personally. People bring up the handcheck rule but that was in 1994 and he cameback and didn't even score as much after they changed it and even with the 3 point line moved up for him.

Quote:outside of maybe a year and a half when Wade was healthy has never really had a good supporting cast.

I agree. He took Daniel Gibson and scrubs to the finals one year when he was like 23. Jordan didn't even win more than 40 games or have a winning record until his 5th year and older than that.

Quote:Lebron is about to make his 5th finals in a row, pretty insane. It took a shooting clinic by the Spurs to beat him last year. Michael Jordan never faced a team as good as San Antonio imo, plus as you've said before the game is just so much different now.

Majorly different. I was having this conversation on another board about Barkley saying the teams of the 80's like the Celtic and Lakers would destroy the Warriors.

One of those Celtics championship teams made 55 THREE's all year. The entire team. Curry has 64 in 13 games this playoff's alone. 2 is worth more than 3 and how you keep up with that firepower with the evolved offense of today where everyone can shoot 3's with a dinosaur 1985 offense I don't see.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2015 10:07 AM by StillJonesing.)
05-25-2015 09:58 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-25-2015 09:23 AM)oasispirate Wrote:  
(05-25-2015 09:13 AM)PirateMarv Wrote:  

You would agree however that Bulls were more healthy than the Cavs tho right? They didn't even have JR Smith for game one.

They didn't have him for 2 games actually and Kyrie was pretty bad off most of that series.

The Bulls probably had about as much individual talent as the Warriors or anyone they were pretty dysfunctional though.
05-25-2015 10:06 AM
Advertisement

oasispirate Offline
1st String

I really think with the Bulls people really underrate how good Scottie Pippen and the combo of Horace Grant/Dennis Rodman were. When you had Rodman, Pippen, and Jordan you had the best 3 defenders in the league at their position. Perhaps the best 3 defenders in the league period.

Not to mention they added Tony Kukoc on the 2nd run, who was a matchup nightmare for almost any team. The fact Pippen lead them to an Eastern Conference Finals game 7 in 1994 in Jordan's absence is the best real world example I can use of how good that team/Pippen were without MJ. Pippen I believe was 2nd in the league in MVP voting.
05-25-2015 10:24 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I hate Cleveland and Jame. I hope GS runs em' out of the building.
05-25-2015 10:27 AM
oasispirate Offline
1st String

(05-25-2015 10:27 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I hate Cleveland and Jame. I hope GS runs em' out of the building.

Other than how he handled a decision at 25 or 26, what is there to hate about the guy? To be me the guy is like Shaq, he could be a lot more arrogant. Quite honestly the dude takes a beating, almost like Shaq. He gets screwed quite a bit because he is "bigger" than everyone else.

I am convinced had the refs called games right, Shaq might be the GOAT of alltime. Because truth be told, the dude was fouled nearly ever possession.
05-25-2015 10:31 AM
PirateJim Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU/Underdogs
Horford gathered himself, raised the elbow and dropped it like he was in the WWE. It was totally intentional. He just missed. If he had hit the guy (never heard of him before the playoffs), he would be out with a concussion.

FYI I don't care for NBA and don't care who wins.
05-25-2015 10:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.