2015-16 Men's Basketball Rule Changes Announced
Bookmark and Share
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
1. 30 second shot clock.
2. The no-charge semi circle in the lane is expanded from 3 ft to 4 ft.
3. Teams get one fewer timeout in the 2nd half.
4. An additional personal foul to be experimented with in the post-season.
05-15-2015 01:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO
RE: 2015-16 Men's Basketball Rule Changes Announced
(05-15-2015 01:50 PM)axeme Wrote:  1. 30 second shot clock.

it's a step in the right direction, especially #3.
05-15-2015 06:58 PM
uakronkid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Akron
The real significant change I saw was that "team timeouts within 30 seconds before media timeouts will become media timeouts, with exception of first team timeout in second half."
05-15-2015 07:35 PM
bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

(05-15-2015 07:35 PM)uakronkid Wrote:  The real significant change I saw was that "team timeouts within 30 seconds before media timeouts will become media timeouts, with exception of first team timeout in second half."

yes I saw that too and to that I say wholeheartedly...04-bow 02-13-banana 04-bow 02-13-banana
05-15-2015 07:52 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

A combined two fewer timeouts late in the game and none of the ridiculous back to back timeouts around the media timeouts plus the shorter shot clock will put some life back into the game. Games would sometimes just come to a standstill. It puts the games back more into the players' hands instead of the coaches. I like a good chess match, but not on a basketball court.
05-15-2015 08:00 PM
perimeterpost Offline
All American

I would like to see a 60 second shot clock added to any video review. Ref team has 60 seconds to review then make a decision. Too many times at the end of a game the refs end up taking way too long to confirm a call and drain all of the momentum out of the moment.
05-15-2015 08:49 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
I'd like to see an extra foul granted in OT. The star who fouled out with 8 minutes left returns rested from the bench? How cool would that be? And should players have to go an extra five or ten avoiding that fifth foul?
05-15-2015 08:52 PM
Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU

For #4 will that be in conference tournament games, the NCAA Tournament, the NIT Tournament?
05-15-2015 09:44 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(05-15-2015 08:49 PM)perimeterpost Wrote:  I would like to see a 60 second shot clock added to any video review. Ref team has 60 seconds to review then make a decision. Too many times at the end of a game the refs end up taking way too long to confirm a call and drain all of the momentum out of the moment.

end all replay reviews in all sports. kills fan momentum. gives teams free timeouts. calls end up evening out anyway. you can draw a graph showing how the advent of replay and its increased use has paralleled delining attendance in football and basketball.
05-15-2015 10:39 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(05-15-2015 08:49 PM)perimeterpost Wrote:  I would like to see a 60 second shot clock added to any video review. Ref team has 60 seconds to review then make a decision. Too many times at the end of a game the refs end up taking way too long to confirm a call and drain all of the momentum out of the moment.

The length of time is directly tied to viewing the number of angles available. Fewer angles-lead to longer times. Also the refs are building a case to explain a change to cover tail and mollify another set of eyes who saw it differently.

Two options- old school with no replay or get it right and take as long as needed. Which do you want?
05-17-2015 08:20 AM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(05-15-2015 08:52 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  I'd like to see an extra foul granted in OT. The star who fouled out with 8 minutes left returns rested from the bench? How cool would that be? And should players have to go an extra five or ten avoiding that fifth foul?

This isn't entertainment its competition. If junior or Dad can't defend or scheme to that's what they're accountable for.

If you want entertainment root for a someone who plays matador defense and shoots 3 or just dunks.
05-17-2015 08:23 AM
Advertisement

utpotts Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo
(05-15-2015 09:44 PM)Policiious Wrote:  

For #4 will that be in conference tournament games, the NCAA Tournament, the NIT Tournament?

The NIT, CBI, CIT. the tourneys no one cares about
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2015 10:58 AM by utpotts.)
05-17-2015 10:58 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

The new rules worked well in those tourneys this past year which I think jump started their adoption.
05-17-2015 11:11 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(05-17-2015 08:23 AM)gobaseline Wrote:  
(05-15-2015 08:52 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  I'd like to see an extra foul granted in OT. The star who fouled out with 8 minutes left returns rested from the bench? How cool would that be? And should players have to go an extra five or ten avoiding that fifth foul?

This isn't entertainment its competition. If junior or Dad can't defend or scheme to that's what they're accountable for.

If you want entertainment root for a someone who plays matador defense and shoots 3 or just dunks.

Huh? This makes no sense from so many standpoints. Why do more people watch football than bass fishing? They're both competition. "Junior or Dad"? I want what you're smoking. Finally, the point is if you play longer, ( and are competitor) you have a greater chance of fouling out. Why not keep the odds roughly the same? Now, "junior and Dad" can scheme for that.
05-17-2015 01:11 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(05-17-2015 01:11 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

Huh? This makes no sense from so many standpoints. Why do more people watch football than bass fishing? They're both competition. "Junior or Dad"? I want what you're smoking. Finally, the point is if you play longer, ( and are competitor) you have a greater chance of fouling out. Why not keep the odds roughly the same? Now, "junior and Dad" can scheme for that.

Your attempt to analogize explains your inability to make the point.

Football and bass fishing?

Try within football .. you get a do over on a FG attempt or you get to have a pass interference call waived per half ... Say what? What's the point of competing if there isn't any accountability. If junior cant guard someone that is on them. Sit down, shut up and Dad (the HC) can put in one of his other prized recruits.

Don't water it down. Amp it up!
05-17-2015 05:44 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(05-17-2015 05:44 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  

Try within football .. you get a do over on a FG attempt or you get to have a pass interference call waived per half ... Say what? What's the point of competing if there isn't any accountability. If junior cant guard someone that is on them. Sit down, shut up and Dad (the HC) can put in one of his other prized recruits.

OK, I REALLY want some of what you're smoking!
05-17-2015 06:24 PM
Advertisement

gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(05-17-2015 06:24 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

Look, I cant help you as a Toledo fan who is searching for a distraction from the last 3 decades of non-achievement. As a Bronco fan it is maddening to me that we are once a decade pretender. You on the other hand do have all the reasons to change the rules, make it out to be "fantasy" since reality really bites out in Toledo. I feel for you brother.
05-18-2015 09:29 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(05-18-2015 09:29 AM)gobaseline Wrote:  
(05-17-2015 06:24 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(05-17-2015 08:23 AM)gobaseline Wrote:  This isn't entertainment its competition. If junior or Dad can't defend or scheme to that's what they're accountable for.

Look, I cant help you as a Toledo fan who is searching for a distraction from the last 3 decades of non-achievement. As a Bronco fan it is maddening to me that we are once a decade pretender. You on the other hand do have all the reasons to change the rules, make it out to be "fantasy" since reality really bites out in Toledo. I feel for you brother.

I feel for anyone who turns a comment about a potential rule change into fuel for his recent chubby over Toledo basketball. Brother.
05-18-2015 12:09 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Nothing about how much air the ball has to have in it? 05-stirthepot
05-18-2015 04:22 PM
LongtimeFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
What happened to the proposal that would not allow coaches to call a timeout when the ball is in play? I was hoping that change would be made.
05-18-2015 08:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.