WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Did KB soft sell it?
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
Did KB soft sell it?
I listened to the interview that Robin Hook had with Alec Gores Gores said after making the USC game happen, "Is there anything else I can do for you?" Groce said she responded with, "Well, we could use a new scoreboard." I'm just glad she didn't ask for new urinal cakes in the bathrooms.

Why not say, "Well, our scoreboard is shot, and the endzone bleachers are very old and in need of upgrading. We could probably get it all done for about 17 million, but we would gladly name the whole damn stadium after you and even a street!"

What is the worst he could have said. "No, that's above my pay grade?"

We should have this guy on speed dial and be calling him every day. He could be dead tomorrow and there goes that connection.

You can't make the sale unless you ask for the sale. This guy was trying to give his money away. Don't sell them a Pinto when they clearly want a Bently. If Acer can make a few phone calls and send the band to Lansing could the people hired to ask for donations do the same?
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2015 08:45 PM by Chipdip2.)
05-12-2015 02:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I Root For: WMU
RE: Did KB soft sell it?
Are you implying KB's love is tainted?
05-12-2015 08:24 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
I'm implying that Ok State had a billionaire alum in T Boone Pickins and they thought big, put his name on everything and have a better facility than Oklahoma.

Gores has a net worth of 2.1 billion in other words 2100 piles of a million. If he gives 20 million to do a true renovation of the scoreboard and west end seating he still has 2080 stacks of a million each, gets a nice write off, gets mentioned on every ESPN televised game and gets a street and stadium named after him.

The combination of Gores, Fleck, and some success in football. Those stars are aligned now. You have to strike when the iron is hot.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2015 09:45 AM by Chipdip2.)
05-12-2015 08:54 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(05-12-2015 02:35 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  I listened to the interview that Robin Hook had with Alec Gores Gores said after making the USC game happen, "Is there anything else I can do for you?" Groce said she responded with, "Well, we could use a new scoreboard." I'm just glad she didn't ask for new urinal cakes in the bathrooms.

Why not say, "Well, our scoreboard is shot, and the endzone bleachers are very old and in need of upgrading. We could probably get it all done for about 17 million, but we would gladly name the whole damn stadium after you and even a street!"

What is the worst he could have said. "No, that's above my pay grade?"

We should have this guy on speed dial and be calling him every day. He could be dead tomorrow and there goes that connection.

You can't make the sale unless you ask for the sale. This guy was trying to give his money away. Don't sell them a Pinto when they clearly want a Bently. If Acer can make a few phone calls and send the band to Lansing could the people hired to ask for donations do the same?

Always Be Closing.

05-12-2015 10:13 PM
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(05-12-2015 08:54 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  I'm implying that Ok State had a billionaire alum in T Boone Pickins and they thought big, put his name on everything and have a better facility than Oklahoma.

Gores has a net worth of 2.1 billion in other words 2100 piles of a million. If he gives 20 million to do a true renovation of the scoreboard and west end seating he still has 2080 stacks of a million each, gets a nice write off, gets mentioned on every ESPN televised game and gets a street and stadium named after him.

The combination of Gores, Fleck, and some success in football. Those stars are aligned now. You have to strike when the iron is hot.

I didn't know that billionaires kept there money in separate $million piles. Lol. I mean I knew that that is what I would do if I had a billion dollars, but I didn't know that is what others do.

I would also have a room filled with cash, but just enough room to wallow around in. Then I would get naked daily and swim around in that room.

But back to the point, if I had gores money I would give twenty piles to KB, but would mandate that chipdip be consulted before any of it is spent. .....and that he gets to keep a few piles at his house for at least a few days.
05-13-2015 12:57 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Like most wealthy men, that Gores net worth is not all liquid. In fact, very little of it is. The 2 million Dollars he gave us for the score board is no insignificant chunk of change to him.

If Western can get him to donate that amount of money annually for a few more years, in a decade or so he'll reach the ethereal level of donors like Acer-when they talk, Kathy listens. Then again, when they talk Dunn listens. 04-bow
05-13-2015 02:52 PM
3West Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WMU
No matter what happens, this is how I feel.

05-13-2015 03:24 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:Always Be Closing.

Nice cilp! "Get them to sign on the line that is dotted -- you hear me you fvcking fa99ots?!"

Yeah, she should have gotten him to sign for a $20 million seat expansion for the MSU game, and she should have called him out for having no ballz if he balked for even 1 second. That's how a real salesman would be! :)
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2015 09:34 PM by toddjnsn.)
05-13-2015 09:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.