Interesting? Longhorn Network;BIGXII losing ground to T A&M & SEC
Bookmark and Share
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
http://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/5/...-longhorns

Aggie football fandom trending over Longhorns in Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth

"Texas A&M close to becoming the favored football program in two of the nation's top-10 media markets as fans bail from the Texas bandwagon."

"Gig ‘Em" or "Hook ‘Em"?: Fueled by the Aggies' migration to the Southeastern Conference, Texas A&M's football fan following in the Houston market has increased by 26% over the past five years, while the Texas Longhorns has dropped 30%. Texas A&M fans now comprise 24% of Houston adults, surpassing the Longhorns at 18%. A similar situation has played out in Dallas-Fort Worth, where the Aggies' fan base has grown by 24% and the Longhorns' down by 31%.

"Though there have been swings like this in the past, the Nielson report indicates that the Longhorns are struggling to compete with the SEC brand"

"Don't underrate the benefit that comes with the Aggies playing on CBS and ESPN in prime time games against top opponents while the Longhorns take on Iowa State and two teams from Kansas every year. Texas A&M's brand isn't necessarily cooler than Texas's, but A&M in conjunction with the SEC is a better brand than Texas and the Big 12."
05-09-2015 08:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
RE: Interesting? Longhorn Network;BIGXII losing ground to T A&M & SEC
They don't care
05-10-2015 09:38 AM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(05-10-2015 09:38 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  They don't care

Like hell they don't.

They are probably covertly placing UAB administrators in the A&M system as we speak.
05-10-2015 10:27 AM
tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
(05-09-2015 08:50 PM)thagr82008 Wrote:  http://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/5/...-longhorns

Aggie football fandom trending over Longhorns in Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth

"Texas A&M close to becoming the favored football program in two of the nation's top-10 media markets as fans bail from the Texas bandwagon."

"Gig ‘Em" or "Hook ‘Em"?: Fueled by the Aggies' migration to the Southeastern Conference, Texas A&M's football fan following in the Houston market has increased by 26% over the past five years, while the Texas Longhorns has dropped 30%. Texas A&M fans now comprise 24% of Houston adults, surpassing the Longhorns at 18%. A similar situation has played out in Dallas-Fort Worth, where the Aggies' fan base has grown by 24% and the Longhorns' down by 31%.

"Though there have been swings like this in the past, the Nielson report indicates that the Longhorns are struggling to compete with the SEC brand"

"Don't underrate the benefit that comes with the Aggies playing on CBS and ESPN in prime time games against top opponents while the Longhorns take on Iowa State and two teams from Kansas every year. Texas A&M's brand isn't necessarily cooler than Texas's, but A&M in conjunction with the SEC is a better brand than Texas and the Big 12."

Good... tu did what they did to themselves. Let 'em sink.
05-10-2015 10:42 AM
TigerBill Online
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
What's behind this SEC surge? Not what you think. But a crack team of investigators is on the job, and are heading for the UTK campus.

The Power Behind UT and the SEC finally revealed
05-10-2015 11:21 AM
OneShiningMoment Away
MT.org's Smartass and Dumbass

I Root For: OnCampusStadium

Donators
would Big 12 be smart to invade the SEC TV market by inviting Memphis? or does the SEC have too strong a presence in the Mid-South to withstand such a move?
05-10-2015 11:34 AM
Advertisement

snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
That's like asking does a Big Foot **** in the woods.
05-10-2015 12:30 PM
TigerBill Online
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
(05-10-2015 12:30 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  That's like asking does a Big Foot **** in the woods.

Never. They always use bathrooms.
05-10-2015 12:33 PM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

(05-10-2015 11:34 AM)OneShiningMoment Wrote:  would Big 12 be smart to invade the SEC TV market by inviting Memphis? or does the SEC have too strong a presence in the Mid-South to withstand such a move?

BGXII will eventually gobble up Memphis! No doubt....But it will more than likely be a hybrid of the current format....The BIG will be absent of the horses of UT & Oklahoma (to PAC) maybe even OKSU & TECH....But the remainder still leaves a ton of upside and excitement for US (Memphis) Hooking back up with TCU and playing Baylor, Kansas would be nice even without the Horns. Adding in BYU, Colorado State would also be intriguing....There's a lot that's in process so it's going to get very interesting.... The ACC will move on adding teams and letting go a few...So our footprint is growing and is of interest to ACC or BIGXII...We are doing an incredible job from an athletic improvements perspective and the Grizz along with the New Bass Pro also helps with our exposure! Just a matter of time and we will be matchup up with Top Notch competition and have a chance to participate in BCS

Give props also to general Fuente, as he is doing a masterful job and will be a huge component of our next move.....And this is just me reading the waves that are out there for everyone 2 c......#IamTheLink 05-nono
05-10-2015 12:34 PM
Pastnerized Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TIGERS
Were they smart, they would.
These conference "geniuses" seem to never grasp the fact that Tigers OWN the local tv market. If Tigers were to go to big10, big12, acc-that conference would OWN the Memphis market. Suddenly SEC would be 2nd fiddle in a top 10 cfb viewing market. IN THEIR BACK YARD.
Those dumbazzes just don't seem to care. It IS baffling.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2015 12:40 PM by Pastnerized.)
05-10-2015 12:39 PM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

(05-10-2015 12:39 PM)Pastnerized Wrote:  Were they smart, they would.
These conference "geniuses" seem to never grasp the fact that Tigers OWN the local tv market. If Tigers were to go to big10, big12, acc-that conference would OWN the Memphis market. Suddenly SEC would be 2nd fiddle in a top 10 cfb viewing market. IN THEIR BACK YARD.
Those dumbazzes just don't seem to care. It IS baffling.

Indeed! Memphis is a coup for ANY conference...That will further embellish itself as Fuente has/is building a "winning" program as well as, his "legacy" and TIGERS "legacy"...Texas has felt the sting of teams pilfering the state of it's Top recruits....Miami did this (to an extent) and created a legacy. Florida State also created as well as resurrected it's prowess by utilizing Texas recruits and The Ohio State also utilized this talent rich state to it's advantage. The Texas BOR are "milking" the Longhorn network for all it can right now! They are making $$$$. They are NOT concerned about championships, awards or even students for that matter.....just consume all that they can until they are forced to do something else, either by the media contract being renegotiated or mandates by NCAA.....until that happens, we will never understand as the decision seems so simple and ehtical....but they don't operate by any of those standards
05-10-2015 12:56 PM
Advertisement

snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
What's especially baffling is how many far reaching decisions like these are made on the basis of emotion.
05-10-2015 12:57 PM
blue68 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Titans
05-10-2015 03:15 PM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
When the SEC took a&am their big fish was the horns. The SEC will eventually strong arm Texas & OU into joining forces with them.
05-10-2015 05:37 PM
cleveland2854 Offline
All American

(05-10-2015 05:37 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  When the SEC took a&am their big fish was the horns. The SEC will eventually strong arm Texas & OU into joining forces with them.

The SEC wanted TExas and OU. Now, I don't think Texas has an invitation. Texas adds Austin and more of San Antonio. The SEC wants a more Eastern influence. If the SEC has to add, it will come from NC State, OU, Cinncy, and Va Tech.
05-10-2015 08:47 PM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

Another HERE >>

http://www.foxsports.com/college-footbal...ton-050515

...Well, less than four years after the Aggies announced they were joining the SEC, it's clear Texas administrators and fans were wrong. A recent fan survey, published in Nielsen's The Year in Sports Media Report: 2014, provided strong evidence that A&M's decision to brand itself alongside the SEC is paying off in a big way. A&M's brand has never been stronger, and the Aggies -- in conjunction with the SEC -- are rolling up huge amounts of Lone Star fan support.

According to Nielsen, in the past five years Texas A&M's fan base has increased by 26 percent in Houston, while Texas's fan base has dropped 30 percent. Texas A&M fans now make up 24 percent of Houston while Texas fans represent 18 percent. A small sliver of east Texas? That's a major metropolitan area that has turned maroon. And it's not just Houston either. According to the same Nielsen study, a similar trend has also played itself out in Dallas-Fort Worth, where the Texas A&M fan base has grown by 24 percent while the Texas fan base has dropped by 31 percent....
05-10-2015 09:08 PM
Advertisement

Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
When Texas fields a football team again they will be right up there sorry to spoil your hopes
05-10-2015 09:09 PM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-10-2015 09:09 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  When Texas fields a football team again they will be right up there sorry to spoil your hopes

"Being right up there" as in the old status between Texas and Texas A@M? That's yet to be seen since there are 'wild cards' now that never existed before. A@M in the SEC and the football SEC itself. Of course none of this can be tested until Texas gets good again --- until then all we have is present reality. 03-wink
05-10-2015 09:21 PM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

(05-10-2015 09:09 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  When Texas fields a football team again they will be right up there sorry to spoil your hopes

Sorry to spoil your hopes Pony94, This declination of the Longhorns is less about the timing of the winning, It's more about "who" the Horns could possibly WIN against....compare the opponents below and I think you will get the point. Circle the games of interest on each and answer the question (truthfully) for yourself:

4/18/2015 Orange-White Scrimmage Austin, Texas Longhorn Network
9/5/2015 Notre Dame South Bend, Ind. 6:30 p.m. NBC Details
9/12/2015 Rice Austin, Texas
9/19/2015 California Austin, Texas TBA
9/26/2015 Oklahoma State Austin, Texas TBA Details
10/3/2015 TCU Fort Worth, Texas TBA Details
10/10/2015 Oklahoma Dallas, Texas TBA AT&T Red River Showdown
10/24/2015 K-State Austin, Texas TBA presented by H-E-B Details
10/31/2015 Iowa State Ames, Iowa TBA Details
11/7/2015 Kansas Austin, Texas TBA Details
11/14/2015 West Virginia Morgantown, W.Va. TBA Details
11/26/2015 Texas Tech Austin, Texas TBA presented by AT&T
12/5/2015 Baylor Waco, Texas TBA

Sat, Sept 5

vs
Arizona State*
vs
Ball State
vs
Nevada
@
Arkansas
vs
Miss St
vs
Alabama
@
Ole Miss
vs
South Carolina
vs
Auburn
vs
W Carolina
@
Vanderbilt
@
LSU
05-10-2015 09:47 PM
99Tiger Offline
I got tiger blood, man.

I Root For: football wins

Crappies
I agree with Pony94. Stop puckering up for the SEC and realize it has more to do with UT's slide in performance than the SEC.
05-11-2015 05:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.