Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC COMMISSIONER INTERVENTION
Olive and Blue Forever Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Tulane
AAC COMMISSIONER INTERVENTION
needed at Tulane. Current Mens BB coach has lost 17 of his 25 scholarship players to transfers out of the Tulane program.

The AD has been there for 16 years and has proven himself to be beyond worthless as an evaluator of coaching talent, an administrator, a public relations asset, a fund raiser, a leader.
05-06-2015 10:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gostangs Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
RE: AAC COMMISSIONER INTERVENTION
what is olive and blue about Tulane?
05-06-2015 11:03 PM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(05-06-2015 10:59 PM)Olive and Blue Forever Wrote:  needed at Tulane. Current Mens BB coach has lost 17 of his 25 scholarship players to transfers out of the Tulane program.

The AD has been there for 16 years and has proven himself to be beyond worthless as an evaluator of coaching talent, an administrator, a public relations asset, a fund raiser, a leader.

Just for grins and giggles; what is the university President's role/job if the AAC commissioner is needed to save Green Wave athletics?
05-06-2015 11:06 PM
Olive and Blue Forever Offline
Water Engineer

(05-06-2015 11:06 PM)oldtiger Wrote:  
(05-06-2015 10:59 PM)Olive and Blue Forever Wrote:  needed at Tulane. Current Mens BB coach has lost 17 of his 25 scholarship players to transfers out of the Tulane program.

Just for grins and giggles; what is the university President's role/job if the AAC commissioner is needed to save Green Wave athletics?

We at Tulane would sure like to know, too. The President, Michael Fitts, has beenon board since July 1, 2014 and unfortunately appears to be completely and totally disinterested in anything Athletics related. QED: Incompetent AD Dickson continues to fester at Tulane, dragging us lower and lower with his every word, action or inaction.
05-06-2015 11:18 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
It's not Aresco's place to get involved in University affairs.

If y'all have issues with the AD, start boycotting and making your voices heard. You guys just opened a new stadium. Clearly, there is some form of commitment to the athletics program.
05-07-2015 04:28 AM
Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
I'd love to know how Tulane is scoring high enough on APR scores to keep their multiyear score around 980. 17 transfers is enough retention points alone to put them underwater. Might have some trouble brewing on the APR front.
05-07-2015 06:47 AM
Advertisement

oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(05-07-2015 04:28 AM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  It's not Aresco's place to get involved in University affairs.

If y'all have issues with the AD, start boycotting and making your voices heard. You guys just opened a new stadium. Clearly, there is some form of commitment to the athletics program.
Between Savacool and whatever causes those bizarre thoughts to pass through his head and now this fan asking for conference intervention with internal issues in the athletic department; Mardi Gras must have been converted to a year round event on the Tulane campus. Weird stuff.
05-07-2015 07:07 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(05-06-2015 11:03 PM)gostangs Wrote:  what is olive and blue about Tulane?

Exactly my thought. I'm guessing he's not a Tulane fan.
05-07-2015 08:00 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
Why did we invite Tulane? new football stadium and what else? dissappointed.
05-07-2015 08:40 AM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

Olive and blue are the school colors.

Tulane's job - at least in this past year - was to be the good school that "has to struggle so that the better teams can win games".

APR is something that you have to game properly. Tulane isn't running afoul of the rules since kids are leaving with good grades and some are now graduating at where they transferred into. (Tarrant has a degree from Alabama.)
05-07-2015 09:08 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
Didn't Tulane just get a new BB coach. That will usually invite transfer activity. Plus the upgraded league status is forcing talent level to increase which also pushes less talented players out.
05-07-2015 09:15 AM
Advertisement

DrBox Offline
Heisman

Moronic
Have you seen the 17 play for goodness sakes. We finally sign some athletes and you're complaining?
05-07-2015 09:36 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(05-07-2015 08:40 AM)No Bull Wrote:  Why did we invite Tulane? new football stadium and what else? dissappointed.

Since you brought it up, if forced to choose between Tulane or UCF, I'd take Tulane due to tradition, class and academics. That, plus I like visiting New Orleans better than Orlando. It behooves us to be respectful of each other on this messageboard - the AAC has plenty of enemies - we need to stick together.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2015 09:50 AM by Gray Avenger.)
05-07-2015 09:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
(05-07-2015 09:08 AM)oliveandblue Wrote:  Olive and blue are the school colors.

Tulane's job - at least in this past year - was to be the good school that "has to struggle so that the better teams can win games".

APR is something that you have to game properly. Tulane isn't running afoul of the rules since kids are leaving with good grades and some are now graduating at where they transferred into. (Tarrant has a degree from Alabama.)

You still lose a retention point if someone transfers. The APR doesn't measure whether a student gets a degree, despite what the NCAA shoves down the media's throat. It measures two things only. 1) If the athlete has an academically eligible GPA; and 2) Player Retention. The retention point can be waived if the player transferring has a GPA over some arbitrary number set by the NCAA, but with 17 transfers the odds are not in Tulane's favor.
05-07-2015 09:49 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
(05-07-2015 09:46 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 08:40 AM)No Bull Wrote:  Why did we invite Tulane? new football stadium and what else? dissappointed.

Since you brought it up, if forced to choose between Tulane or UCF, I'd take Tulane due to tradition, class and academics. That, plus I like New Orleans better than Orlando.

Stop. I'm fine with Tulane and the excuse for a nola trip, but ucf won a recent bcs game and top 10 ranking. Averaging close to 40k attendance most years. Only lost 1 AAC game in 2 years. What is tradition anyway? Because someone played 1922? Like any kid cares today.

That said, I think grabbing a southeast market was good for the league.
05-07-2015 09:52 AM
NestaKnight1 Offline
1st String

Since you brought it up, if forced to choose between Tulane or UCF, I'd take Tulane due to tradition, class and academics. That, plus I like visiting New Orleans better than Orlando. It behooves us to be respectful of each other on this messageboard - the AAC has plenty of enemies - we need to stick together.

No offense, but IMHO you are by far the exception rather than the general rule. People like winners, and between these two comparing Recent resumes, that would be UCF far and away. Please don't start with the Tulane used to be in the SEC Schtick, and I won't remind you that dinosaurs existed at one time either. That being said, I agree we need to be more supportive of our conference brethren, however, part of that is holding each other accountable for poor performances and decisions which reflect poorly on the AAC.
05-07-2015 11:10 AM
Advertisement

No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

what tradition? losing? Poor fan support.

Tulane needs to get it's shiite togther. You're a memphis fan so I don't want to hear anything from you about academics either.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2015 11:43 AM by No Bull.)
05-07-2015 11:34 AM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

(05-07-2015 11:34 AM)No Bull Wrote:  

Tulane needs to get it's shiite togther. You're a memphis fan so I don't want to hear anything from you about academics either.

Fan support was excellent until the 1970s. Old-time Tulane games pulled around 60-70k.

Bad administration ran the program into the ground. Moving off-campus killed attendance.

We're actually in a better place now than two years ago. Recruiting is almost respectable, facilities are slowly coming along, and the quality of coaching has been a minor improvement.

We're no longer going BACKWARDS like we were in C-USA (which was the low point in Tulane athletics).
05-07-2015 12:05 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-07-2015 12:05 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 11:34 AM)No Bull Wrote:  

Fan support was excellent until the 1970s. Old-time Tulane games pulled around 60-70k.

Bad administration ran the program into the ground. Moving off-campus killed attendance.

We're actually in a better place now than two years ago. Recruiting is almost respectable, facilities are slowly coming along, and the quality of coaching has been a minor improvement.

We're no longer going BACKWARDS like we were in C-USA (which was the low point in Tulane athletics).

I always pull for Tulane...it is not always easy though.
05-07-2015 12:12 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

If Tulane is just bang average in revenue sports, then the invite pans out for the AAC - and in spades.

The problem is that you might get "atrocious" and not "average". (I'm defining average as 5-7 wins in FB, RPI of 100 in basketball.)

Tulane had a sub-100 RPI at the midway point of the season - but then conference play wore them down. The new recruits should help keep the record afloat the season wears on.
05-07-2015 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.