RE: NAVIGATO IN
I can't even be mad because you gave us Moss. Good luck to the young man
05-06-2015 06:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sleepy Online
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
It's amazing - he doesn't miss once in this clip!

Seriously, he looks energetic, he shoots off the bounce, he can catch and shoot, looks like a good ball handler for 6'7, and he runs the floor. He showed a couple inside moves but looked like he is mostly a perimeter player. Reminds me a little of Pistol Pete. Well, that's a stretch...

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/nate-navigato
05-06-2015 06:46 PM
Rocketand2nuts Offline
2nd String

NAVIGATO IN
Finally we get a John Simon's type player.
05-06-2015 09:23 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(05-06-2015 09:23 PM)Rocketand2nuts Wrote:  Finally we get a John Simon's type player.

Much better than Simon. NN can handle the ball and distribute. Simons is limited even as an upper classman.

UT got a player today.
05-06-2015 10:55 PM
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
the anderson recommit might have been a blessing. he was a guy with a lot of potential, but had bounced around way too much, needed to grow into his frame and hadn't proved he could excel against good comp. the ceiling was high as you could envision a long 6-8 235 skilled forward in a few years, but the reality was he may well have been the second guy off the bench in a crowded front court and followed his script and transferred as soon as things didn't go well.

navigato is a player that all the scouts and high school recruiting geeks really like. he shows up big in big games against good teams and players, plus, he's more of an immediate need. lauf and hall are good athletic energy swingmen, but neither is highly skilled. navigato can stretch the d with his shot and also handle and make plays off the bounce. nice height for a wing guard and i think his athleticism is fine (not eye popping, but he's not the poor athlete a couple posts suggested he might be). better fit for the program, imo, as he looks more grounded for the long haul and can come in and contribute right away too.
05-07-2015 03:32 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
05-07-2015 06:27 AM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
05-07-2015 06:58 AM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
Welcome to the land of Midnight Blue & Gold, Nate!

Overall, a pretty solid class. Would have liked to see us add more physicality in the low post, but that's been my pet peeve. Losing Juice means that we needed to add some solid ball handlers, and I think we did. Adding some guys who can shoot from the perimeter also is a big help--we too often resorted to that "cut & slash" attack to the basket that teams began defending better over the past season, so having more weapons on offense is key. If they work hard, no reason why several of these incoming freshmen can't play themselves into the regular rotation. Opportunities are there!
05-07-2015 07:32 AM
utrocks84 Offline
Special Teams

Going to be excited to see how this team grows over the next year. If they have good chemistry and get some production from what appears to be a very talented recruting class they could have a nice run in February and March. I think a lot will depend on guard development a finding at least two or better three consistent scorers. Navigato reminds me some of Mark German before his knee injury.
05-07-2015 07:35 AM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(05-07-2015 07:32 AM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  Welcome to the land of Midnight Blue & Gold, Nate!

Overall, a pretty solid class. Would have liked to see us add more physicality in the low post, but that's been my pet peeve. Losing Juice means that we needed to add some solid ball handlers, and I think we did. Adding some guys who can shoot from the perimeter also is a big help--we too often resorted to that "cut & slash" attack to the basket that teams began defending better over the past season, so having more weapons on offense is key. If they work hard, no reason why several of these incoming freshmen can't play themselves into the regular rotation. Opportunities are there!

Would be nice to have a inside rebounding/defensive force.
05-07-2015 07:39 AM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(05-07-2015 07:39 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 07:32 AM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  Welcome to the land of Midnight Blue & Gold, Nate!

Would be nice to have a inside rebounding/defensive force.

i don't know why we aren't signing more of those athletic 7 footers with a motor
05-07-2015 02:31 PM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(05-07-2015 07:35 AM)utrocks84 Wrote:  Going to be excited to see how this team grows over the next year. If they have good chemistry and get some production from what appears to be a very talented recruting class they could have a nice run in February and March. I think a lot will depend on guard development a finding at least two or better three consistent scorers. Navigato reminds me some of Mark German before his knee injury.

Hope springs eternal for Toledo Rockets men's basketball...
05-07-2015 02:38 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(05-07-2015 02:38 PM)RangerRocket Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 07:35 AM)utrocks84 Wrote:  Going to be excited to see how this team grows over the next year. If they have good chemistry and get some production from what appears to be a very talented recruting class they could have a nice run in February and March. I think a lot will depend on guard development a finding at least two or better three consistent scorers. Navigato reminds me some of Mark German before his knee injury.

Hope springs eternal for Toledo Rockets men's basketball...

Be glad you're not counting down BG's days since last NCAA. Or ours.
05-07-2015 03:24 PM
IamN2daRockets Offline
1st String

I Root For: UT Rockets -
Excellent!!!!!!!!

Great recruiting class!!!!
05-07-2015 03:35 PM
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

It's surreal thinking how different the team's identity is going to be next year. The 3 seniors this year were such a huge part of our success...or lack of success. I don't view Boothe as a go-to guy we can rely on or a guy we can rely on to score some points at any given time. Too many times this year and years past he's just disappeared in games. So does that leave Jon Jon as our go-to guy? Is he ready for that?
05-07-2015 11:06 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(05-07-2015 11:06 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  It's surreal thinking how different the team's identity is going to be next year. The 3 seniors this year were such a huge part of our success...or lack of success. I don't view Boothe as a go-to guy we can rely on or a guy we can rely on to score some points at any given time. Too many times this year and years past he's just disappeared in games. So does that leave Jon Jon as our go-to guy? Is he ready for that?

I wouldn't rule Boothe out as a major part of the offense. He disappeared at times because the O wasn't designed to run through him. This year he should get more touches and pass less since we don't have many established threats.
05-08-2015 05:59 AM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I don't know if boothe has to be a go to guy. but he should be a go through guy. really good passer and ball handler when he sees the ball in the flow of the offense. plus, he's our best proven post scorer and mid range jump shooter.

what will be fun about next year as there will a lot of interesting young players to watch and our returning core- jonjon, mosley, lauf, hall, boothe and garber- is competitive. it will take good coaching and a couple breakout years from young players to win a lot. but should be an interesting ride.
05-08-2015 07:48 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(05-07-2015 11:06 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  It's surreal thinking how different the team's identity is going to be next year. The 3 seniors this year were such a huge part of our success...or lack of success. I don't view Boothe as a go-to guy we can rely on or a guy we can rely on to score some points at any given time. Too many times this year and years past he's just disappeared in games. So does that leave Jon Jon as our go-to guy? Is he ready for that?

I'm not sure that Boothe was ever going to be a go-to guy. We have a terrible history of producing centers, and Boothe does a good job for the player he is. Not a big rebounder or above the rim guy, but he led the team in free throw percentage and was one of only two players on the team last year to shoot 50% from the field. Only two centers were selected on the All-MAC teams and Boothe was one. Considering that we would probably have to go back to the sixties and Steve Mix for a "true" center that was first team All-MAC, Boothe is pretty good.
05-08-2015 08:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.