Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

South Alabama #29 in May 4th Collegiate Baseball Poll
Bookmark and Share
USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

I Root For: South Alabama
South Alabama #29 in May 4th Collegiate Baseball Poll
Also #39 in the Coaches Poll. USA is definately getting hot at the right time.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1...e-baseball
05-04-2015 07:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

RE: South Alabama #29 in May 4th Collegiate Baseball Poll
(05-04-2015 07:05 PM)USAJag2011 Wrote:  Also #39 in the Coaches Poll. USA is definately getting hot at the right time.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1...e-baseball

Congrats Jags baseball.
05-04-2015 07:11 PM
SlyFox Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
Very impressive!
05-04-2015 07:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

IdahoCajun Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ragin Cajuns
http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1

Congrats on the rankings. it's always nice to be noticed by both the Press and Coaches. Last week the Cajuns were receiving votes in the NCBWA poll until their series loss this weekend

It's going to be a big series this weekend between USA (32-17, 17-7) and the Cajuns (30-17, 14-9) in Lafayette It could have a big impact on conference standings along with each teams RPI.

The games will probably depend on which Cajun team decides to show up, the hitting slump one or the hitting team. Last week they had 14 hits in 3 games and 19 in the 1 game.

It's pretty much the last series in the regular season for each team to have a chance to raise their RPI's which still might not be high enough for an at-large bid. I'm not a RPI expert like Gonegolfin (Brian).

Home losses would kill the Cajuns RPI while road wins for the Jags against the Cajuns should give USA's RPI another good boost.

USA's RPI jumped from 114 to 86 after sweeping Georgia Southern while the Cajuns fell from 39 to 53 after losing the series against Appalachian St.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2015 12:56 AM by IdahoCajun.)
05-04-2015 11:49 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
I think we're a 1 bid league this year.
05-05-2015 01:45 AM
Advertisement

Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
Congrats on the ranking!
05-05-2015 05:50 AM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-04-2015 11:49 PM)IdahoCajun Wrote:  http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1

Congrats on the rankings. it's always nice to be noticed by both the Press and Coaches. Last week the Cajuns were receiving votes in the NCBWA poll until their series loss this weekend

It's going to be a big series this weekend between USA (32-17, 17-7) and the Cajuns (30-17, 14-9) in Lafayette It could have a big impact on conference standings along with each teams RPI.

The games will probably depend on which Cajun team decides to show up, the hitting slump one or the hitting team. Last week they had 14 hits in 3 games and 19 in the 1 game.

It's pretty much the last series in the regular season for each team to have a chance to raise their RPI's which still might not be high enough for an at-large bid. I'm not a RPI expert like Gonegolfin (Brian).

Home losses would kill the Cajuns RPI while road wins for the Jags against the Cajuns should give USA's RPI another good boost.

USA's RPI jumped from 114 to 86 after sweeping Georgia Southern while the Cajuns fell from 39 to 53 after losing the series against Appalachian St.

Ragin Cajuns vs. Jags always great series.
05-05-2015 09:27 AM
Advertisement

JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-05-2015 01:45 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I think we're a 1 bid league this year.

Yes, indeed. There are some pretty bad teams in the Belt.
05-05-2015 09:28 AM
IdahoCajun Offline
Special Teams

(05-05-2015 01:45 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I think we're a 1 bid league this year.

I really can't remember the last time the SBC only sent 1 team to the Post Season in baseball, at least in recent history. That's the 1 sport the conference has always been good In.

If someone knows the last time we only sent 1 team, please post the year because I can't find it.

We lost a few good baseball schools to CUSA.
05-05-2015 05:41 PM
Advertisement

IdahoCajun Offline
Special Teams

(05-05-2015 09:27 AM)JoeJag Wrote:  
(05-04-2015 11:49 PM)IdahoCajun Wrote:  http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1

I always look forward to the series against the Jags. It's always been a fun but stressful series since USA is usually the team to beat in the conference and this year is no different.
05-05-2015 05:46 PM
swampbear Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
(05-05-2015 09:27 AM)JoeJag Wrote:  

Yep......congrats on you guys getting back on track....gonna be fun this weekend...great weather forecast and 3 packed houses....
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2015 06:22 PM by swampbear.)
05-05-2015 06:22 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

I know being ranked 29th is nothing spectacular... And I know that USA was ranked in 2013, but we need to get back to the point where South being ranked is expected, kinda like softball the past 3 years. It used to be that USA was always in the rankings, and I hope that we are able to get back to that point. Teams in Alabama are just at a disadvantage compared to neighboring states with lotteries that can use lottery money on scholarships. I'm glad to see us at least being in the conversation.
05-05-2015 06:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.