Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Despite everything, THIS is what will be Pastner's undoing.
Bookmark and Share
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
MyBB Despite everything, THIS is what will be Pastner's undoing.
I'm really not trying to beat a dead horse here...but something hit me today & i wanted to get your thoughts.

I don't think next year is going to be much better - still no answer at PG & still no shooting. Also, I don't believe the Lawsons are ready to make a huge impact right away.

If that's the case, Josh won't be back. And then we will look back and see what his undoing was. Obviously there is a lot that could be pointed out, but it'll come down to one thing, IMO...

He missed on Skal. For all of the heat Josh has taken in his time here (most of it somewhat deserved) all of it could've been made right with a deep run next year. A Sweet 16 or an Elite 8 and Josh becomes one of the hottest names out there and Memphis would be "back on the winning track". Recruiting becomes easier, all that good stuff.

I TRULY believe that landing Skal would've made all that not only possible, but likely. He is a difference maker. A once in a lifetime type of talent. Combine that with Austin Nichols and Memphis would've had the best front court in the entire country. ALL JOKES ABOUT JOSH FINDING AWAY TO MESS THAT UP ASIDE...we would've made the Sweet 16...easy. His job would've been saved. He would've had a player drafted high (maybe 2) and the entire story changes from there. Pastner would be the mid-30s coach who Made 5 out of 7 tourneys - won games & made it to the 2nd weekend - who recruits Top 5 classes every year and stays out of trouble.

Only if he had landed Skal. I know why we didn't...but Ben Howland just landed Malik Newman at Mississippi State, so don't tell me this can't get done. Ya find a way when it's this important...

When we look back, despite everything, missing on Skal will be what ultimately does Josh Pastner in.
04-30-2015 06:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

RE: Despite everything, THIS is what will be Pastner's undoing.
Great another one
04-30-2015 06:52 PM
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
05-deadhorse
04-30-2015 06:52 PM
alcalde Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Well, people saying Josh will find a way to mess it up is no joke. Its very true and serious.
I agree with most of whAt you say. But the problem is, why should we settle for a coach that HAS to have a transcendant talent to do anything worthy? I know, i know... Look at the factory Cal has. However, Cal is probably slightly better at Xs and Os, but he is a world class motivator. Pasnter is not only a bad coach, but he might be worse at motivating. So, beyond Skal, what would the future bring? The reason he didnt get Skal is the same reason he wont get anyone on that level ever. He just isnt very good at much of anything coaching related
04-30-2015 07:03 PM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
Dude, Pastner is living rent free in your head. It's baseball season and they're having a great year. We have a promising football season on the horizon. Hell if you fight for the pink team, sometime during the year is soccer season.

Point is - lots of positive to focus on that isn't Pastner or the roundball off season.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2015 07:53 PM by tiger2000.)
04-30-2015 07:05 PM
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

[Image: 20f0a93d436c8f74778ca19040238cae.jpg]
04-30-2015 07:33 PM
Advertisement

MuchLuck Offline
1st String

I Root For: UM
As long as you're not trying to beat a dead horse....

....nothing happening with your team?
04-30-2015 07:40 PM
Tony85 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Sanity
(04-30-2015 07:05 PM)tiger2000 Wrote:  Dude, Pastner is living rent free in your head. It's baseball season and they're having a great year. We have a promising football season on the horizon. Hell if you fight for the pink team, sometime during the year is soccer season.

Point is - lots of positive to focus on that isn't Pastner or the roundball off season.

Gotta be the line of the year. Don't know if it's an old one but it's new to me. 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
04-30-2015 08:16 PM
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

Why do we have to listen to more negative speculation about something that isn't going to change anytime soon. The jury is still out on Skal and his "handler". It may turn out to be a very smart move to have NOT recruited Skal. There is nothing wrong with our recruiting with our class ranked far and away the #1 class in our conference, not counting the transfer of Ricky Tarrant. Let it rest.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2015 09:32 PM by DallasTiger.)
04-30-2015 08:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bengltgrs Offline
All American

Despite everything, THIS is what will be Pastner's undoing.
Give it a rest.
04-30-2015 08:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
450bench Offline

What will do Josh in has nothing to do with missing on Skal. That's small potatoes compared to Josh's inability to lead, coach and communicate.
In reality, I don't think Josh lost Skal. I think there were many other factors that led to Skal not coming here. I just don't think Josh did anything wrong on that. Just my opinion.
04-30-2015 09:27 PM
Advertisement

truest blue tiger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: memphis tigers
Ugh, I'm in agreement with a few others, stop beating the dead horse, as the old gambler says, there be time enough for beating, when the seasons done. Let's at least wait until the basketball season plays out. We love our basketball, and team, but I believe that most have gotten tired of every thread, every day, having at least one bash him post. That's the main reason I can finally listen to sports 56 in the afternoon now, no more Rainman during my work day, he beats the dead horse daily it seemed.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2015 11:03 PM by truest blue tiger.)
04-30-2015 11:02 PM
450bench Offline

Unfortunately, until Josh is gone, the criticisms are going to be topical. Brace yourselves for how bad it's going to get when the season starts.
04-30-2015 11:07 PM
alcalde Offline
Banned

I Root For:

.jpg  itf8p.jpg (Size: 22.26 KB / Downloads: 11)
(04-30-2015 11:02 PM)truest blue tiger Wrote:  Ugh, I'm in agreement with a few others, stop beating the dead horse, as the old gambler says, there be time enough for beating, when the seasons done. Let's at least wait until the basketball season plays out. We love our basketball, and team, but I believe that most have gotten tired of every thread, every day, having at least one bash him post. That's the main reason I can finally listen to sports 56 in the afternoon now, no more Rainman during my work day, he beats the dead horse daily it seemed.

For a lot of us, we don't need a 7th season. 6 seasons has told us all we need to know and see
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2015 06:14 AM by alcalde.)
04-30-2015 11:29 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
Hold paper to candle to see thoughts
05-01-2015 12:20 AM
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-30-2015 11:29 PM)alcalde Wrote:  
(04-30-2015 11:02 PM)truest blue tiger Wrote:  Ugh, I'm in agreement with a few others, stop beating the dead horse, as the old gambler says, there be time enough for beating, when the seasons done. Let's at least wait until the basketball season plays out. We love our basketball, and team, but I believe that most have gotten tired of every thread, every day, having at least one bash him post. That's the main reason I can finally listen to sports 56 in the afternoon now, no more Rainman during my work day, he beats the dead horse daily it seemed.

For a lot of us, we don't need a 7th season. 6 seasons has told us all we need to know and see

Are you void of reading? We get it about the coach but being redundant seemly every day and going on and on over the same ground is getting tiresome even for some of those that are finished with the coach. It's almost Summertime give it a rest for a while
05-01-2015 01:03 AM
Advertisement

alcalde Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(05-01-2015 01:03 AM)BigTigerMike Wrote:  
(04-30-2015 11:29 PM)alcalde Wrote:  

Are you void of reading? We get it about the coach but being redundant seemly every day and going on and on over the same ground is getting tiresome even for some of those that are finished with the coach. It's almost Summertime give it a rest for a while

Thanks man. I appreciate you pointing that out to me. But i will post what I want and try to do so respectfully. If posters want to pay me 2.5 mil a year to entertain them with the type of posts they want to read, I will gladly fill the job description and earn every penny.
05-01-2015 04:25 AM
DoomHaynesJr Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: The Tigers
(04-30-2015 11:07 PM)450bench Wrote:  Unfortunately, until Josh is gone, the criticisms are going to be topical. Brace yourselves for how bad it's going to get when the season starts.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgkqYokGGHIsgGwsPi4Ez...NvhZ38kG-R]
05-01-2015 05:38 AM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-30-2015 08:16 PM)Tony85 Wrote:  
(04-30-2015 07:05 PM)tiger2000 Wrote:  Dude, Pastner is living rent free in your head. It's baseball season and they're having a great year. We have a promising football season on the horizon. Hell if you fight for the pink team, sometime during the year is soccer season.

Gotta be the line of the year. Don't know if it's an old one but it's new to me. 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Rush.
05-01-2015 07:04 AM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
(04-30-2015 06:52 PM)MemphisFan95 Wrote:  Great another one

Yep.
05-01-2015 09:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.