Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Cinci getting Biggie?
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Cinci getting Biggie?
Looks like Cinci is starting to reload--congrats if true.
04-18-2007 11:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:

It s/b announced anytime...if so could be UC's biggest recruiting week in over a decade. Help for 2007 and 2008! Mick is the MAN!
04-18-2007 02:18 PM
Find all posts by this user
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

I thought biggie had been shot a while back, but if he signs he should take up plenty of space on the inside. Plus, players looking to drive the lane will get lost in a clould of smoke. Good sign if it happens.
04-18-2007 02:23 PM
JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati

Biggie is supposed to be on campus tonight. He is either already committed or he is expected to commit. Either way not many will be able to match our frontcourt in a few years.....Anthony McClain, Yancy Gates, Mike Williams, Darnell Wilks
04-18-2007 03:06 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

JFlight21 Wrote:Biggie is supposed to be on campus tonight. He is either already committed or he is expected to commit. Either way not many will be able to match our frontcourt in a few years.....Anthony McClain, Yancy Gates, Mike Williams, Darnell Wilks

Heck, if McClain comes our frontcourt NEXT year will be solid with McClain, Mike Williams, Adam H. and Marcus Sikes.
04-18-2007 04:56 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC

CatsClaw Wrote:Heck, if McClain comes our frontcourt NEXT year will be solid with McClain, Mike Williams, Adam H. and Marcus Sikes.

Playing us will no longer be viewed as an easy victory for sure. I think with McClain we're an NCAA team.
04-18-2007 05:11 PM
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed

Does Memphis and Cincy play again next year or this that series done?
04-18-2007 05:25 PM
JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

CatsClaw Wrote:
JFlight21 Wrote:Biggie is supposed to be on campus tonight. He is either already committed or he is expected to commit. Either way not many will be able to match our frontcourt in a few years.....Anthony McClain, Yancy Gates, Mike Williams, Darnell Wilks

Heck, if McClain comes our frontcourt NEXT year will be solid with McClain, Mike Williams, Adam H. and Marcus Sikes.

You forgot John Williamson our best post player from last season.
04-18-2007 05:25 PM
JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

If Henry and Bishop are eligible I think we make it to the NCAA tourney. I would not be surprised if we were top 6 of the BE. We are going to have so much depth last year. Our whole team returns from last year and some have said the starters will be all the new guys plus Deonta Vaughn. Should be a fun year.
04-18-2007 05:27 PM
JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

3601 Wrote:Does Memphis and Cincy play again next year or this that series done?

I think they play in Cincy.
04-18-2007 05:27 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

JFlight21 Wrote:
CatsClaw Wrote:

You forgot John Williamson our best post player from last season.

You're right. I was trying to remember the other big guy. So UC's frontline next year will be 6-9, 6-7, 6-11 with a 6-11, and two 6-8 big guys coming off the bench. What a difference a year makes!
04-18-2007 05:28 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

JFlight21 Wrote:
3601 Wrote:Does Memphis and Cincy play again next year or this that series done?

I think they play in Cincy.

That's right, the series is here in Cincinnati now. I thought we had another few games left with Memphis after this year? We have at least one more game with Memphis after this upcoming season. We go to Memphis after next year.
04-18-2007 05:29 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

I hope the series continues indefinitely 04-cheers
04-18-2007 09:50 PM
UCBearcat4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats

BJUnklFkr Wrote:

yep we play them, thought the series was like for 8 or 9 games.
04-18-2007 10:20 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

It's more official now than it has been. I guess it won't be 'official' until UC releases something.

From the Bearcats blog (Cincinnati Post)

Rivals.com and scout.com are saying Anthony McClain has committed to UC

Done deal

Rivals.com and scout.com are saying Anthony McClain has committed to UC.

UPDATE (10:58 a.m.): Just got off the phone with Dave Telep of scout.com. He sounded pretty tired and a little beat up, by the way (he's got AAU tourneys to attend every weekend for the next two months).

Anyway, a sampling of what he had to say about McClain:

"He was one of the only top-50 guys still available. He's going to bring a defensive-minded presence right off the bat. Any offense he gives them as a freshman will be a bonus. He can block the shots that come to him. Kind of a personal protector of the basket."

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/cincybearcats/
04-19-2007 10:30 AM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC

BJUnklFkr Wrote:I hope the series continues indefinitely 04-cheers

Up until this week I didn't want this series to continue. But with Yancy and McClain now commited I'm confident in our ability to be competitive with Memphis. It just wouldn't seem right not playing those guys with all our history together.
04-19-2007 02:28 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

ucbearcat4ever Wrote:
BJUnklFkr Wrote:

yep we play them, thought the series was like for 8 or 9 games.

I thought so to. I'm pretty sure it is. I think the UAB series is a 4 game series though.
04-19-2007 05:21 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

bearcatfan Wrote:"He was one of the only top-50 guys still available. He's going to bring a defensive-minded presence right off the bat. Any offense he gives them as a freshman will be a bonus. He can block the shots that come to him. Kind of a personal protector of the basket."

Sounds like Kenyon Martin to me! ;-)
04-19-2007 05:23 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user

CatsClaw Wrote:
bearcatfan Wrote:"He was one of the only top-50 guys still available. He's going to bring a defensive-minded presence right off the bat. Any offense he gives them as a freshman will be a bonus. He can block the shots that come to him. Kind of a personal protector of the basket."

Sounds like Kenyon Martin to me! ;-)

Or Donald Little....
04-19-2007 06:01 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

Congrats on getting McClain. UCONN's crowd front court is definitely not helping. I believe Thabeet is still undecided and will probably be that way until the last second.
04-19-2007 06:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.