Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How Tom Herman, Chad Morris are building Houston, SMU
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
How Tom Herman, Chad Morris are building Houston, SMU
Sorry, you need an ESPN account to read entire article. Decent read. Sounds like we both hired winners.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/insi...l-programs
04-21-2015 11:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
RE: How Tom Herman, Chad Morris are building Houston, SMU
both released motivationals over the weekend

The Houston Football Experience

#PonyUpTempo - "Greatness Within You"

04-21-2015 11:31 AM
ShockerBob Offline
SHOCKERS

I Root For: the SHOCKER
The Parliament Awards
(04-21-2015 11:23 AM)Pony94 Wrote:  Sorry, you need an ESPN account to read entire article. Decent read. Sounds like we both hired winners.

Going to be a hell of a game.

Now you just have to tailgate with us 02-13-banana
04-21-2015 12:29 PM
PT_american Offline
1st String

I Root For: American
(04-21-2015 11:23 AM)Pony94 Wrote:  Sorry, you need an ESPN account to read entire article. Decent read. Sounds like we both hired winners.

Very good read. I have always thought that Houston and SMU could be on par with TCU and Baylor in football. The American needs that to be true in order to elevate the league.
04-21-2015 01:13 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
(04-21-2015 01:13 PM)PT_american Wrote:  

Very good read. I have always thought that Houston and SMU could be on par with TCU and Baylor in football. The American needs that to be true in order to elevate the league.

On par?!?

The only reason baylor gets any attention at all is b/c texas and the conference they're in... So pretty please with sugar on top don't use the word "par" when comparing Houston to a tiny place like Waco.
04-21-2015 02:09 PM
PT_american Offline
1st String

(04-21-2015 02:09 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  

On par?!?

The only reason baylor gets any attention at all is b/c texas and the conference they're in... So pretty please with sugar on top don't use the word "par" when comparing Houston to a tiny place like Waco.

I didn't realize we were comparing city populations. I thought we were talking about football programs. When Houston is on the cusp of making the inaugural CFB playoff or a consistent top 25 team let me know. I am no Baylor fan but their football program has been very good. Houston should aspire to play at that level.
04-21-2015 02:55 PM
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(04-21-2015 11:31 AM)pesik Wrote:  both released motivationals over the weekend

The Houston Football Experience

#PonyUpTempo - "Greatness Within You"

I wasn't expecting much, but DAMN. Some of those stadium shots were epic.

Plus, Renu. 04-bow
04-21-2015 04:46 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

(04-21-2015 02:55 PM)PT_american Wrote:  

On par?!?

I didn't realize we were comparing city populations. I thought we were talking about football programs. When Houston is on the cusp of making the inaugural CFB playoff or a consistent top 25 team let me know. I am no Baylor fan but their football program has been very good. Houston should aspire to play at that level.

I never said anything about population man, I already know Waco doesn't come close to us. lol

lol "Houston should aspire to play at that level" Houston is/has played at a higher level numerous times before those little bears... Perhaps you heard of these x-Houston coaches, the great Bill Yeoman, Pardee... Oh, and to name few others Briles, Sumlin. lol

Bellow is a small history lesson under our great Bill Yeoman

"For three straight years Houston led the nation in total offense, averaging 437 yards a game in 1966, 427 in 1967, and 562 in 1968. The 1968 total was an NCAA record at the time. Houston also led the nation in scoring with 42.5 points per game that year."

So, get out of here with that "par" and "play at that level" BS
04-21-2015 05:30 PM
PT_american Offline
1st String

(04-21-2015 05:30 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  

On par?!?

I never said anything about population man, I already know Waco doesn't come close to us. lol

lol "Houston should aspire to play at that level" Houston is/has played at a higher level numerous times before those little bears... Perhaps you heard of these x-Houston coaches, the great Bill Yeoman, Pardee... Oh, and to name few others Briles, Sumlin. lol

"For three straight years Houston led the nation in total offense, averaging 437 yards a game in 1966, 427 in 1967, and 562 in 1968. The 1968 total was an NCAA record at the time. Houston also led the nation in scoring with 42.5 points per game that year."

Come on man your are quoting the 60's. I know Houston has a rich history but I am talking about current day teams. Baylor was in the national title race the last few years. What in your honest opinion is the chance Houston will be discussed or even close to being discussed in the national title talk??? They just aren't on that same level current day. I think Houston is full of potential and the league needs Houston to field a team at that level. I am rooting for you guys and I love the Herman hire. I am not trying to disrespect you or houston. I was simply saying if those teams can do it there is no reason a Houston or SMU can't given support which is what the league needs to raise our profile.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2015 07:15 PM by PT_american.)
04-21-2015 06:38 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

(04-21-2015 06:38 PM)PT_american Wrote:  
(04-21-2015 05:30 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  
(04-21-2015 01:13 PM)PT_american Wrote:  Very good read. I have always thought that Houston and SMU could be on par with TCU and Baylor in football. The American needs that to be true in order to elevate the league.

On par?!?

Come on man your are quoting the 60's. I know Houston has a rich history but I am talking about current day teams. Baylor was in the national title race the last few years. What in your honest opinion is the chance Houston will be discussed or even close to being discussed in the national title talk??? They just aren't on that same level current day. I think Houston is full of potential and the league needs Houston to field a team at that level. I am rooting for you guys and I love the Herman hire. I am not trying to disrespect you or houston. I was simply saying if those teams can do it there is no reason a Houston or SMU can't given support which is what the league needs to raise our profile.

I appreciate the kind words and I shouldn't of came at you the way I did... Guess I have no respect towards small/tiny overrated wannabe big programs.
04-21-2015 07:58 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

Baylor has been legit as of late (don't tell UCF that), but they're less than a decade removed from being one of, if not the worst BCS/P5 program in the country. Let's see them maintain that success over a period of time before dubbing them the next Alabama.
04-21-2015 08:07 PM
Advertisement

PT_american Offline
1st String

(04-21-2015 08:07 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Baylor has been legit as of late (don't tell UCF that), but they're less than a decade removed from being one of, if not the worst BCS/P5 program in the country. Let's see them maintain that success over a period of time before dubbing them the next Alabama.

No, I agree Baylor has only been legit lately. My point really was only on the football field that if TCU and Baylor could put together teams like they have recently there shouldn't be any reason Houston and SMU couldn't if the administration provided the appropriate support. Which is seems like is happening from my 30,000 foot view of the situation. I mean TCU is probably the better example as they were able to field some pretty legit teams when they weren't in the B12 as well which would be a closer comparison to our current conference stature in the new landscape. I mean they were very close to playing in the national title game in 2010 when they were # 3 in the BCS and ended the year #2 overall.

Sorry to offend just trying to emphasize how much potential I think this league really has. Schools are stepping up with new facilities and great coaching hires.
04-22-2015 10:37 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

(04-22-2015 10:37 AM)PT_american Wrote:  
(04-21-2015 08:07 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Baylor has been legit as of late (don't tell UCF that), but they're less than a decade removed from being one of, if not the worst BCS/P5 program in the country. Let's see them maintain that success over a period of time before dubbing them the next Alabama.

No, I agree Baylor has only been legit lately. My point really was only on the football field that if TCU and Baylor could put together teams like they have recently there shouldn't be any reason Houston and SMU couldn't if the administration provided the appropriate support. Which is seems like is happening from my 30,000 foot view of the situation. I mean TCU is probably the better example as they were able to field some pretty legit teams when they weren't in the B12 as well which would be a closer comparison to our current conference stature in the new landscape. I mean they were very close to playing in the national title game in 2010 when they were # 3 in the BCS and ended the year #2 overall.

Sorry to offend just trying to emphasize how much potential I think this league really has. Schools are stepping up with new facilities and great coaching hires.

To be completely fair to us as well, we fielded a team that got as high as #6 in the country just a few years ago, and would have gone to the Sugar Bowl had we not Coog'ed the CUSA Championship game.
04-22-2015 10:39 AM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

(04-22-2015 10:39 AM)Kronke Wrote:  
(04-22-2015 10:37 AM)PT_american Wrote:  

To be completely fair to us as well, we fielded a team that got as high as #6 in the country just a few years ago, and would have gone to the Sugar Bowl had we not Coog'ed the CUSA Championship game.

I honestly don't think our boys Coog'ed, Kronke

I place total blame on Sumlin... While our team searched for guidance, preparation and leadership for that game, the head coach then was focusing on his $$$ deal instead.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2015 10:57 AM by BigHouston.)
04-22-2015 10:54 AM
ShockerBob Offline
SHOCKERS

I Root For: the SHOCKER
The Parliament Awards
Heard all the coaches were ******** - no game plan - and just talked about their new jobs that week.

Also heard the players went out and partied massively night before the game.
04-22-2015 03:11 PM
SMUmustangs Offline
All American

I Root For:

On par?!?

Er ah....Houston is not playing Waco. SMU use to play at the level Baylor now is, but like Houston that is ancient history.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2015 04:55 PM by SMUmustangs.)
04-22-2015 04:53 PM
Advertisement

NTXCoog Offline
1st String

(04-22-2015 04:53 PM)SMUmustangs Wrote:  

On par?!?

Er ah....Houston is not playing Waco. SMU use to play at the level Baylor now is, but like Houston that is ancient history.

SMU has not finished ranked since 1984. It hasn't been ranked mid-season since 1986. UH has finished ranked 4 times since then including in the top 10. UH has been in the top 10 mid-season as recently as 2011. Three years ago is not ancient, especially when compared to 30 years ago.
04-22-2015 11:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pony94 Offline

[Image: CDS1fq3W4AAAbzi.png]
04-23-2015 04:10 PM
Pony94 Offline

The above is in reference to David Moore the QB from Georgia who just committed to SMU but was seriously looking at Houston too. Guess Houston and SMU need to schedule Utah.
04-23-2015 04:13 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

utah was G5 just a few years ago...we we compete with utah on a regular basis, a ton of our kids have utah offers. utah and oregon basically live in houston
04-23-2015 04:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.