Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tyndall out at Tennessee
Bookmark and Share
usm99 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
Tyndall out at Tennessee
Several reports coming out the Tyndall has been fired from UT because of violations he committed at USM. Reports saying UT will not owe him any of his remaining contract as well. My 2 questions are: how hard is the ncaa going to now hit USM and secondly will UT now go after La Tech's coach.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2015 09:26 AM by usm99.)
03-27-2015 07:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
RE: Tyndall out at Tennessee
(03-27-2015 07:48 AM)usm99 Wrote:  Several reports coming out the Tyndall has been fired from UT because of violations he committed at USM. Reports saying UT will not owe him any of his remaining contract as well. My 2 questions are: how hard is the ncaa going to now his USM and secondly will UT now go after La Tech's coach.

Donnie has been cheating for a long time, just now got caught..Same guy at Morehead St. offered a WKU commit some money and the guy was gone as fast as you could turn...

I would be worried La. TEch fans, I think White would be a solid hire for UT....
03-27-2015 08:04 AM
SVHerd Offline
All American

I Root For:
Karma.
03-27-2015 08:07 AM
paintedblue2 Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
I hope Mike White stays at LA Tech as he's a very good coach and this conference needs to have it's marquee programs led by coaches of hus caliber. That said, I realize the predicament we are all in regarding competing with the P5 schools. Good luck to both USM, and LA Tech in this situation.
03-27-2015 08:14 AM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
Tennessee is probably going to try to go after Marshall again.

They're going to have to pony up though to even get him to consider. They have been unwilling to go that expensive in the past but I hear they are more willing to go get an elite coach.
03-27-2015 08:26 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
going to be a lot of competition for Marshall though- Texas likely will be open as well. Don't think Tennessee would be willing to match what Texas or Alabama would be willing to offer Marshall.
03-27-2015 08:28 AM
Advertisement

Heisman

So, this makes me believe Tyndall will get the Show Cause penalty and be out of coaching for a few years.
03-27-2015 08:57 AM
paintedblue2 Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
(03-27-2015 08:26 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Tennessee is probably going to try to go after Marshall again.

They're going to have to pony up though to even get him to consider. They have been unwilling to go that expensive in the past but I hear they are more willing to go get an elite coach.

From what I have heard the big red elephant is about to offer Marshall a crapload of money.
03-27-2015 09:32 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(03-27-2015 08:57 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  So, this makes me believe Tyndall will get the Show Cause penalty and be out of coaching for a few years.

and he never built up enough credibility to really recover from something like that. He will probably never be a head coach at a D1 school again.

Pearl was able to recover because he did well, Tyndall had some good seasons for sure, but its not like he went to the sweet 16 or anything.
03-27-2015 09:33 AM
usm99 Offline
Heisman

I was looking at one of the UT boards and earlier this week "most" of the posters didn't seem to think that he would be fired. Most post/responses were along the lines of "unless it is something MAJOR we have nothing to worry about" as well as "I don't see this affecting us as much as it will affect USM". Well...they were wrong about number 1 but I'm afraid they a dead on with #2. IMO the sad part is many are wanting UT to bring Pearl back.
03-27-2015 09:37 AM
DwayneW1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: LA Tech
Jimmy Hyams is reporting that Mike White is not a candidate due to how the negotiations were handled and ended last year -

Steve Prohm from Murray St
Ricky Byrd from Belmont
Rick Stansberry
03-27-2015 10:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(03-27-2015 10:07 AM)DwayneW1 Wrote:  Jimmy Hyams is reporting that Mike White is not a candidate due to how the negotiations were handled and ended last year -

Ricky Byrd from Belmont
Rick Stansberry

Makes sense, thanks for the info
03-27-2015 10:10 AM
Heisman

(03-27-2015 10:10 AM)Dawgxas Wrote:  
(03-27-2015 10:07 AM)DwayneW1 Wrote:  Jimmy Hyams is reporting that Mike White is not a candidate due to how the negotiations were handled and ended last year -

Ricky Byrd from Belmont
Rick Stansberry

Makes sense, thanks for the info

You can rule out Byrd. They won't go after a coach that old who only recruits off the radar kids (though granted he does that niche pretty well).

Tennessee can get just about whomever they want. They just have to be willing to pay for it. For whatever reason (and probably because they want football to be the spotlight program), they have always been stingy with the basketball salary.

But Pearl turned that place into one of the top three programs in the SEC before he was fired. They should be able to attact the best even though the place is currently a dumpster fire. Just depends on whether they want to truly have an elite coach or want to try to find "value" which has been the MO of the past. UT could have had Marshall when he was at Winthrop and he wanted the job. UT went a different direction and I think he's not forgotten that.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2015 10:21 AM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
03-27-2015 10:19 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(03-27-2015 08:57 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  So, this makes me believe Tyndall will get the Show Cause penalty and be out of coaching for a few years.

He should be banned for life.
03-27-2015 10:21 AM
DwayneW1 Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-27-2015 10:19 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  You can rule out Byrd. They won't go after a coach that old who only recruits off the radar kids (though granted he does that niche pretty well).

Tennessee can get just about whomever they want. They just have to be willing to pay for it. For whatever reason (and probably because they want football to be the spotlight program), they have always been stingy with the basketball salary.

But Pearl turned that place into one of the top three programs in the SEC before he was fired. They should be able to attact the best even though the place is currently a dumpster fire. Just depends on whether they want to truly have an elite coach or want to try to find "value" which has been the MO of the past. UT could have had Marshall when he was at Winthrop and he wanted the job. UT went a different direction and I think he's not forgotten that.

Most cases I would agree with you on the Byrd issue - but he said that the administration knows that the program needs STABILITY and Byrd offers that in spades...
03-27-2015 10:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
usm99 Offline
Heisman

One thing in UT's favor is that they aren't on the hook for any of DT's salary so that should free up some money...not that UT has to worry about money though.
03-27-2015 10:44 AM
Advertisement

EagNBran Offline
All American

He should have just stayed in Hattiesburg and the kids who talked would have stayed quiet about the entire situation. But he left and someone told officials.

Too bad Donnie. You went from superstar to irrelevant in one year.
03-27-2015 10:50 AM
USMSTUD Offline
Banned

Tyndall released a statement and denies that he knew of any wrong doing.

[Image: CBHeIFSWAAAZdyE.png:large]
03-27-2015 01:38 PM
DwayneW1 Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-27-2015 01:38 PM)USMSTUD Wrote:  Tyndall released a statement and denies that he knew of any wrong doing.

[Image: CBHeIFSWAAAZdyE.png:large]

He must of conferred with Ray Watts before writing this...
03-27-2015 02:44 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

The bs is so deep in that note you need hip waders. He got a call at 11am from UT and his assistants were telling he was talking to ut only to give him more leverage with out ad for raises for them. They had their offices cleaned out that night.

He knows what happened and the story when its time for it to all come out will be a jaw dropper.
03-27-2015 03:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.