Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Karma's a *****, ain't it L-yes?
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
Karma's a *****, ain't it L-yes?
I remember the downright glee that a number of UL fans had when Darius Washington missed a couple of free throws in the 2005 C-USA Chamionship Game and Memphis lost to UL by a point.

Our good friend L-yes was probably the most giddy of the bunch. He actually used the photo of the 19 year old kid collapsed on the floor as his avatar and/or signature for a while.

I was in New Orleans watching my Tigers advance to the Sweet Sixteen in San Antonio when UL played A&M in Lexington last weekend. I just now saw and heard how that game eneded. Karma sure is a filthy *****.

The thing that jumped out at me most was the class and compassion shown by A&M guard Acie Law. After the game he tried to console Edgar Sosa, the UL player who missed two late free throws that resulted in the Cardinals losing to A&M by a point. This classy behavior is pretty much the antithesis of the behavior Francisco Garcia showed after the Memphis game. Good ol' Cisco jumped on the scorer's table and proceeded to taunt the Memphis crowd as soon as the second FT was missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf2JrPTw53o
03-27-2007 04:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

03-yawn 03-yawn 03-yawn 03-yawn 03-yawn
03-27-2007 04:52 PM
kardphan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Why is it hard for Memphis fans to understand that Sosa "did not have free throws as the game expired" those two free throws would not have won us that game. You boys will reach for the ceiling to try to find something won't you? Darius Washington was a cocky little punk who was taunting our players the whole game and then had the balls to look at his coach and say "game over". Not only that you guys were actually playing for a "birth". We had plenty of chances to take control of that game and those two freethrows was not going to make or break that game. Two totally different situations. You might want to try to spin something else. Or atleast post this garbage on the smack board. I know something you can't spin and that is the fact that we own you. Spin that.

Talk about class? Ellis Myles was saying he could basically care less how Washington felt after the game. Washington's actions during that game was his own Karma. Being a arrogant punk was what destoryed him at the line. Beating your chest and taunting the opponent during the game was his downfall. Washington is definitly a choir boy lets spin that. Like I said his arrogance cost you a trip to the NCAA's that year. Sosa kept us in the game and came up short after hitting 15 straight. We lost because we didn't play well downt the stretch. We had almost 50 seconds left after he missed those freethrows, plus we had the ball at the end of the game to win.
03-27-2007 05:31 PM
PetestheShizzle Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Are you serious??? This happened almost two weeks ago. And, as was pointed out, Sosa's free throws wouldn't have won or lost the game. If I remember correctly, A&M came down and scored again after the missed free throws. Give it up man. Most people were excited to see Mr. Washington crumpled on the floor because of his arrogant attitude. The two situations couldn't be more different.
03-27-2007 06:30 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

Wow, congrats on a post on the level of topcoog and tigershark. Not to mention a week and a half late on top of it. We had a nice thread on here (which didn't make it to the smack board) where it became painfully obvious that many tiger fans are so desperate for revenge or whatever you want to call it, that they're willing to reach more than stretch armstrong. Sorry but the differences are long and plentiful, and start with the most obvious, Sosa did make a horses ass of himself prior to the shots by declaring the game over.
03-27-2007 06:40 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Re: Karma's a *****, ain't it L-yes?
3601 Wrote:I remember the downright glee that a number of UL fans had when Darius Washington missed a couple of free throws in the 2005 C-USA Chamionship Game and Memphis lost to UL by a point.

Our good friend L-yes was probably the most giddy of the bunch. He actually used the photo of the 19 year old kid collapsed on the floor as his avatar and/or signature for a while.

I was in New Orleans watching my Tigers advance to the Sweet Sixteen in San Antonio when UL played A&M in Lexington last weekend. I just now saw and heard how that game eneded. Karma sure is a filthy *****.

The thing that jumped out at me most was the class and compassion shown by A&M guard Acie Law. After the game he tried to console Edgar Sosa, the UL player who missed two late free throws that resulted in the Cardinals losing to A&M by a point. This classy behavior is pretty much the antithesis of the behavior Francisco Garcia showed after the Memphis game. Good ol' Cisco jumped on the scorer's table and proceeded to taunt the Memphis crowd as soon as the second FT was missed.

Welcome to last week friend!

[Image: repost.jpg]
03-27-2007 08:08 PM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
3601 Wrote:I remember the downright glee that a number of UL fans had when Darius Washington missed a couple of free throws in the 2005 C-USA Chamionship Game and Memphis lost to UL by a point.

Did you just post this today? Are you serious? lol!
03-27-2007 08:22 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
L-yes Wrote:

lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao
03-27-2007 09:15 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I love the Back to the Future picture, ha ha!
03-27-2007 09:33 PM
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
CatsClaw Wrote:[Image: repost.jpg]
Quality stuff, Cat's Claw lmfao 04-bow

HEEELLLLLOOOOOOO MCFLY!! lmfao
03-27-2007 09:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
L-yes Wrote:

The truth is the same yesterday...today....and tommorrow.......What goes around comes around.....and around......and around.......and around......
03-28-2007 02:15 PM
Quote this message in a reply
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

L-yes Wrote:

I just found out about it. I was in New Orleans when it happened. I spent my days at the games and my nights in bars and restaurants. I didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel room watching Sportscenter.

I feel bad for the young man. Some folks don't believe in Karma. I'm not sure if I do. But I don't want to test it. Our own Joey Dorsey tested Karma last week and it bit him on the ass.
03-28-2007 05:19 PM
CardHouse Offline
1st String

:snore:

Fact is:

- Washington was a punk
- Calipari runs a sleezy program
- We beat you on your home court
- Whining Memphis fans suck

......nuff' said lmfao
03-29-2007 08:44 PM
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

CardHouse Wrote:

:snore:

Fact is:

- Washington was a punk
- Calipari runs a sleezy program
- We beat you on your home court
- Whining Memphis fans suck

......nuff' said lmfao

1. Why is Washington a punk?
2. Facts please. Everybody likes to run their mouth about Cal without any supporting facts.
3. Y'all won. I have not problem with that. I don't like punk reactions.
4. Who's whining? Just calling it like I see it. What comes around goes around.
03-30-2007 09:42 AM
formertiger Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

3601, you are wrong. I have it on tape and sat there and watched it. Cisco did come over and console Dwash. Actually, to the point of being inappropriate. He finally realized Dwash was distraught and didn't need to talk to him. If you are going to blame Cisco for something, at least get the facts right.

I do agree it was ironic and similar, particularly after both kids had had great games.
03-30-2007 07:02 PM
CardHouse Offline
1st String

formertiger Wrote:3601, you are wrong.
3601 comes to the Big East board and is wrong about a lot of things.
03-30-2007 07:05 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

formertiger Wrote:3601, you are wrong. I have it on tape and sat there and watched it. Cisco did come over and console Dwash. Actually, to the point of being inappropriate. He finally realized Dwash was distraught and didn't need to talk to him. If you are going to blame Cisco for something, at least get the facts right.

I do agree it was ironic and similar, particularly after both kids had had great games.

I apologize if I am wrong and Garcia tried to console Washingtong. This must have been done a few minutes AFTER he jumped on the scorers table and taunted the crowd. That happened as soon as Washington missed the shot. Cal and Jeremy Hunt got Washington off the ground.
04-02-2007 09:31 AM
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

CardHouse Wrote:
formertiger Wrote:3601, you are wrong.
3601 comes to the Big East board and is wrong about a lot of things.

Like what?
04-02-2007 09:31 AM
Bambu Offline
Starving Artist

I Root For: Memphis

Garcia tried to help DWash? I must have missed that during his throat slashing gestures at our crowd. Only classy player I saw........
[Image: 1cusa_memphis.jpg]
04-02-2007 01:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.