http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015...ray_w.html
02-25-2015 11:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: Ray Watts' PR Firm Declares War on #FreeUAB
(02-25-2015 11:06 AM)58-56 Wrote:  It's true, see the pdf attached to the story with the internal docs:

What if the end result would be that UAB could restart football and build an OCS on the condition they play FCS football. Would the support still be there? Or would the university decline?
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2015 11:17 AM by geauxcajuns.)
02-25-2015 11:17 AM
monarchman Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
lol. Ray Watts needs to be relieved of his duties - just spectacularly incompetent.
02-25-2015 11:26 AM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
This jerk needs to find a hole to hide in.
02-25-2015 11:28 AM
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
[Image: 842.gif]
02-25-2015 11:28 AM
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(02-25-2015 11:17 AM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  
(02-25-2015 11:06 AM)58-56 Wrote:  It's true, see the pdf attached to the story with the internal docs:

What if the end result would be that UAB could restart football and build an OCS on the condition they play FCS football. Would the support still be there? Or would the university decline?

It will be FBS. There's no way Coach Clark stays other wise. When & if the reinstatement of football occurs, we expect multiple plans for facility improvements to begin. We aren't taking no for an answer.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2015 11:36 AM by BlazeN'Bham.)
02-25-2015 11:35 AM
Advertisement

geauxcajuns Offline
All American

(02-25-2015 11:35 AM)BlazeNBham Wrote:  

It will be FBS. There's no way Coach Clark stays other wise. When & if the reinstatement of football occurs, we expect multiple plans for facility improvements to begin. We aren't taking no for an answer.
Look I don't want to see any program get the ax, even if would benefit mine. But as it stands right now UAB is shut down, really politically assassinated, but if the only offer on the table would be that you get your OCS and football back at the FCS level would they take the deal or stay shuttered?
02-25-2015 11:38 AM
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

(02-25-2015 11:38 AM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  

Look I don't want to see any program get the ax, even if would benefit mine. But as it stands right now UAB is shut down, really politically assassinated, but if the only offer on the table would be that you get your OCS and football back at the FCS level would they take the deal or stay shuttered?

That would be a compromise. Can you point to a southern sports conference with similar baseball, basketball, soccer, and softball standards as C-USA with FCS football?
02-25-2015 11:52 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Read that document carefully.
02-25-2015 12:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-25-2015 11:26 AM)monarchman Wrote:  lol. Ray Watts needs to be relieved of his duties - just spectacularly incompetent.

^^^^

I would lobby for this troupe 'if'n in a pinch'

[Image: geraldo01.jpg]
02-25-2015 12:10 PM
wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(02-25-2015 11:35 AM)BlazeNBham Wrote:  We aren't taking no for an answer.

This how Charlotte got our team. Keep fighting the good fight.
02-25-2015 12:38 PM
Advertisement

geauxcajuns Offline
All American

(02-25-2015 11:52 AM)Dracorex Wrote:  

That would be a compromise. Can you point to a southern sports conference with similar baseball, basketball, soccer, and softball standards as C-USA with FCS football?

No, I cant, but if that's the only option is it worth it? Or kill football and try to place basketball in the MVC or another strong basketball league?
02-25-2015 12:51 PM
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

(02-25-2015 12:51 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  
(02-25-2015 11:52 AM)Dracorex Wrote:  
(02-25-2015 11:17 AM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  What if the end result would be that UAB could restart football and build an OCS on the condition they play FCS football. Would the support still be there? Or would the university decline?

No, I cant, but if that's the only option is it worth it? Or kill football and try to place basketball in the MVC or another strong basketball league?

The MVC is obviously regionally feasible.
[Image: 565px-Missouri_Valley_Conference_map.svg.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2015 01:09 PM by Dracorex.)
02-25-2015 01:09 PM
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

Non FBS basketball conferences better than C-USA. This isn't even considering our top 25 soccer program.

A-10
[Image: 270px-Atlantic_10_Conference_map.svg.png]

West Coast Conference

[Image: 250px-WCC_West_Coast_Conference_Map.PNG]

Horizon League
[Image: 250px-Horizon_League_map.png]

Big East

[Image: 250px-New_Big_East-USA-states.png]
02-25-2015 01:21 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
Like Attalla says, read the documents carefully.

Direct Communications never uses the word "football." They have no intention to compromise in any way. Drawing conference maps is a wasted exercise. They have contacted no conferences and have no plans to do so (else they'd be touting that as part of their PR plan).

This is a political war. Their words, not ours. We fight.
02-25-2015 01:28 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama

They are a CUSA Football program they will be back as such.
02-25-2015 02:38 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
The administrstion at UAB, our leadership and its reps refer to this situation as "war." Wow! - If taxpayers disagree with a taxpayer funded institution, their opinion is to be treated as an adversary who needs to be destroyed? So, Watts' vision of UAB Forward is to declare "war" on his students, alumni, donors, faculty and business community. How can this be tolerated? Clay Ryan is in the room wasting good peoples time who sincerely want change and football back and he is the guy who is choreographing the "WAR", this must be changed. Watts is not at all sincere and we have proof all of this was a plan to win their WAR against us the supporters.

Borrowed from Old Dragon.
02-25-2015 02:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-25-2015 02:45 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  The administrstion at UAB, our leadership and its reps refer to this situation as "war." Wow! - If taxpayers disagree with a taxpayer funded institution, their opinion is to be treated as an adversary who needs to be destroyed? So, Watts' vision of UAB Forward is to declare "war" on his students, alumni, donors, faculty and business community. How can this be tolerated? Clay Ryan is in the room wasting good peoples time who sincerely want change and football back and he is the guy who is choreographing the "WAR", this must be changed. Watts is not at all sincere and we have proof all of this was a plan to win their WAR against us the supporters.

Borrowed from Old Dragon.

his kneecaps should be in danger just for funsies.....

every time I revisit this situation, it just pisses me off......I can only imagine how you guys feel.....

Fight the fight!
02-25-2015 03:09 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

I Root For: Southern Miss
Unbelievable. Just when you think this hind end of a male donkey has hit an all-time low, he digs a little deeper.
02-25-2015 03:19 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
Unbelievable. This school's administration --or whoever is letting Watts do this stuff-- is out of control. Fire Watts, and Free UAB!!!
02-25-2015 08:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.