VTR - Flood ESPN's Inbox Folks
Bookmark and Share
tiger-viper Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
VTR - Flood ESPN's Inbox Folks
love this selective stat reporting:

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400597396

follow the link to see the graphic listing calipari's three 26-0 starts. conveniently, espn places an asterisk next to our 2008 tigers for the vacated season, but they fail to do the same to cal's 1996 minutemen. i sent my complaint in. give them hell tiger fans!
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2015 10:58 PM by tiger-viper.)
02-17-2015 10:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

3rdgenerationtiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tigers & Bears
RE: VTR - Flood ESPN's Inbox Folks
(02-17-2015 10:57 PM)tiger-viper Wrote:  love this selective stat reporting:

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400597396

follow the link to see the graphic listing calipari's three 26-0 starts. conveniently, espn places an asterisk next to our 2008 tigers for the vacated season, but they fail to do the same to cal's 1996 minutemen. i sent my complaint in. give them hell tiger fans!

UMass' season was not vacated, only the tourney. The graphic is correct.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2015 11:38 PM by 3rdgenerationtiger.)
02-17-2015 11:37 PM
oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
Oops
02-18-2015 04:53 AM
bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

I Root For: Memphis

Donators
Their lawyers were better than ours. I still cringe every time I read the transcript of our hearing.

To paraphrase:

"Do you admit you played the whole season with an ineligible player?"

"Oh, yeah, sure."
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2015 09:09 AM by bubbapt.)
02-18-2015 09:07 AM
tiger-viper Offline
All American

did camby get paid during the ncaa tournament only? that's some horsesh*t right there.
02-18-2015 09:35 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
(02-18-2015 09:07 AM)bubbapt Wrote:  Their lawyers were better than ours. I still cringe every time I read the transcript of our hearing.

To paraphrase:

"Oh, yeah, sure."

This. I wouldn't let Lipman rep me in traffic court.
02-18-2015 09:49 AM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Re: RE: VTR - Flood ESPN's Inbox Folks
(02-18-2015 09:07 AM)bubbapt Wrote:  Their lawyers were better than ours. I still cringe every time I read the transcript of our hearing.

To paraphrase:

"Oh, yeah, sure."

What idiots
02-18-2015 10:53 AM
tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

To paraphrase:

"Oh, yeah, sure."

Yep. I always felt, from the very start, we should have had big time outside law firm rep'ing the school. Never understood why we didn't.
02-18-2015 10:58 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

(02-18-2015 10:58 AM)tigerlands Wrote:  

To paraphrase:

"Oh, yeah, sure."

Yep. I always felt, from the very start, we should have had big time outside law firm rep'ing the school. Never understood why we didn't.

Ballen or Farese woulda got our banner up and we might have got half the money back.
02-18-2015 11:01 AM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(02-18-2015 11:01 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  

To paraphrase:

"Oh, yeah, sure."

Ballen or Farese woulda got our banner up and we might have got half the money back.

amen
02-18-2015 11:05 AM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators

To paraphrase:

"Oh, yeah, sure."

bullspit. you have no recourse in ncaa infraction decisions. they are judge, jury and executioner. you cant take the rulings to court. Alabama tried and their dream team of attorneys just shrugged their shoulders and said there was no where to go
02-18-2015 11:27 AM
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

(02-18-2015 11:27 AM)btiger Wrote:  

To paraphrase:

"Oh, yeah, sure."

bullspit. you have no recourse in ncaa infraction decisions. they are judge, jury and executioner. you cant take the rulings to court. Alabama tried and their dream team of attorneys just shrugged their shoulders and said there was no where to go

Jerry Tarkanian 2.5 million
02-18-2015 11:27 AM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
(02-18-2015 11:27 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  

To paraphrase:

"Oh, yeah, sure."

that had nothing to do with ncaa ruling. that was a personal lawsuit.

you sheep should know better than to argue with me
02-18-2015 11:28 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

(02-18-2015 11:28 AM)btiger Wrote:  
(02-18-2015 11:27 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  
(02-18-2015 10:58 AM)tigerlands Wrote:  Yep. I always felt, from the very start, we should have had big time outside law firm rep'ing the school. Never understood why we didn't.

that had nothing to do with ncaa ruling. that was a personal lawsuit.

you sheep should know better than to argue with me

Ballen and Farese would have made it look like the NCAA had a vendetta against RC. Lapides would have testified on his behalf frankly.
02-18-2015 11:32 AM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
rc would have had to file a personal suit. by agreeing to be a member of the ncaa you forfeit any right to take their enforcement findings to a court of law.
02-18-2015 11:34 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

(02-18-2015 11:34 AM)btiger Wrote:  rc would have had to file a personal suit. by agreeing to be a member of the ncaa you forfeit any right to take their enforcement findings to a court of law.

I trust Ballen and Farese. That Giannini dude is gonna walk. The NCAA and all their skeletons are small potatoes. Hell Donna Shelala got em to back down.
02-18-2015 11:52 AM
Advertisement

bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

I Root For: Memphis

Donators
(02-18-2015 11:34 AM)btiger Wrote:  rc would have had to file a personal suit. by agreeing to be a member of the ncaa you forfeit any right to take their enforcement findings to a court of law.

Unless your argument is that our legal team would have thrown the NCAA into a rage by reiterating that the University considered him eligible based on the clearing house's guidance, I can see no reason why the admission was made in such a thoughtless and damaging way.

It ended the case.

A lot of very knowledgable people on this board insist that it was a lost cause from the beginning, but that is a different argument than one defending the legal team. The hearing went poorly, and I'm not surprised that the University wasn't keen on having the transcript released.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2015 12:02 PM by bubbapt.)
02-18-2015 12:02 PM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
(02-18-2015 12:02 PM)bubbapt Wrote:  

Unless your argument is that our legal team would have thrown the NCAA into a rage by reiterating that the University considered him eligible based on the clearing house's guidance, I can see no reason why the admission was made in such a thoughtless and damaging way.

It ended the case.

A lot of very knowledgable people on this board insist that it was a lost cause from the beginning, but that is a different argument than one defending the legal team. The hearing went poorly, and I'm not surprised that the University wasn't keen on having the transcript released.

in legal terms, we had "bad facts" on our side
02-18-2015 12:11 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers

It ended the case.

I don't know what happened in the hearing, maybe other threats, but I know according to my wife who has been dealing with the Clearinghouse from day one of its inception, a school cannot be at fault for a player that has been cleared by them.

End of discussion. Selective enforcement against us, but no looks at Kentucky now or Kansas back then.

In fact, if Derrick Rose had signed with Illinois you never would have heard of this.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2015 12:13 PM by Tiger46.)
02-18-2015 12:13 PM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
(02-18-2015 12:13 PM)Tiger46 Wrote:  

It ended the case.

I don't know what happened in the hearing, maybe other threats, but I know according to my wife who has been dealing with the Clearinghouse from day one of its inception, a school cannot be at fault for a player that has been cleared by them.

End of discussion. Selective enforcement against us, but no looks at Kentucky.

mayby there were facts you weren't aware of.

I cant remember details, but didnt some of the most important characters in this flustercluck agree to six figure settlements in a civil suit to avoid having to testify under oath?
02-18-2015 12:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.