WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Position Battles: Offensive Line/TE
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
Position Battles: Offensive Line/TE
This position group is probably the most up in the air. RG and Center need to be replaced.

Solid positions are LT and LG where Willie Beavers and Jimmy Kristof have things pretty much locked up. I am also assuming that sophomore RT goes to Chukes Okorafor.

Center and right guard is going to be a good battle between at least four guys. Center is likely between true freshmen John Keenoy and Jackson Day. I do think that Keenoy is more talented, but, Day has some experience and isn't a slouch himself. Keenoy was smart to come in early to have a chance to compete.

RG is likely going to be held down by Junior Taylor Moton as he makes way for Chukes. However, RS freshman Curtis Doyle and RS sophomore Josh Bass should compete as well.

RT Starter: Chukes
RG Starter: Moton
C Starter: Keenoy
LG Starter: Kristof
LT Starter: Beavers
RT Backup: Novoselsky
RG Backup: Bass
C Backup: Day
LG Backup: Doyle
LT Backup: French

Eliot Jordan is another guy to consider at LT, but he is going to take time to develop. Wesley French might just be a guy that is hard to keep off of the field.

TE is a position on the Broncos that seems more of a spot for blocking than use in the passing game. I don't see anyone taking over for Eric Boyden at this point. However, I can see him being pushed by some of the younger guys.

Starter: Eric Boyden
Backup: Lucas Bezerra

Chris McDaniel could get involved as a pass catching TE, however, Parker Underwood could surpass Bezerra as the backup this fall.
02-06-2015 02:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

New School Bronco Offline
1st String

RE: Position Battles: Offensive Line/TE
I really like that there is some talent and depth here! Some of them might be young, but they should be very talented
02-06-2015 02:43 PM
All American

This is one area where I do think the Broncos outrecruited 2014. I think Keenoy, French, and Juriga are potential starters by 2016. All of them.
02-06-2015 02:50 PM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
I love the potential depth on the o-line, depending on redshirts and injuries of course. No clue what to expect out of the TE position this year. Underwood is probably a 2016 starter, but not yet.
02-06-2015 02:52 PM
Advertisement

All American

(02-06-2015 02:52 PM)broncofan1 Wrote:  I love the potential depth on the o-line, depending on redshirts and injuries of course. No clue what to expect out of the TE position this year. Underwood is probably a 2016 starter, but not yet.

Underwood is one of the most physical blocking TE's I have seen on tape in high school. I haven't heard much in regards as to what the staff thinks of Bezerra, but Underwood could see time in goal line situations this year in my opinion.
02-06-2015 02:55 PM
New School Bronco Offline
1st String

Underwood looks like a very nasty kid. If he has some speed and can catch he could be a very nice asset.
02-06-2015 02:58 PM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
(02-06-2015 02:55 PM)Stampede your face!! Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 02:52 PM)broncofan1 Wrote:  I love the potential depth on the o-line, depending on redshirts and injuries of course. No clue what to expect out of the TE position this year. Underwood is probably a 2016 starter, but not yet.

Underwood is one of the most physical blocking TE's I have seen on tape in high school. I haven't heard much in regards as to what the staff thinks of Bezerra, but Underwood could see time in goal line situations this year in my opinion.

I love the kid's attitude, but I don't remember the last time we had a true freshman start at TE. The blocking prowess will help, however.

BTW - excellent topic and breakdown, Stampede!
02-06-2015 02:59 PM
Advertisement

The Colonel Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(02-06-2015 02:43 PM)New School Bronco Wrote:  I really like that there is some talent and depth here! Some of them might be young, but they should be very talented

I agree with this. We should get better and better on the O-Line over the course of the next 2-3 years.
02-06-2015 03:48 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

I agree with OPs starting rotation. That's how I'm seeing it, but there are a lot of guys that could step up. Fleck's been building some good depth here.

I'm wondering where Ifkovits fits in. He has good size and strength and from what I've seen and heard, is a good competitor. Doyle could compete for starting C spot as well.

Eric Boyden is a great blocking TE. I saw some good stuff this past year when he opened up some big holes for Franklin.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 04:33 PM by ColinApocalypse.)
02-06-2015 04:32 PM
Cucumber Salad Offline
1st String

Where does Kristof Ikovits fit in?
02-07-2015 01:45 PM
Advertisement

All American

(02-07-2015 01:45 PM)Cucumber Salad Wrote:  Where does Kristof Ikovits fit in?

I think he fits into a guy that is going to learn the center spot, and could be a guy that provides depth and an occasional breather for guys on the interior of the line.

I definitely think he will see some playing time.

You have a group of five or six guys in the interior that are really going to battle. I think Ifkovits, Bass, Doyle, Moton, Keenoy, and Day all could see time at center and right guard. And Kristof is going to need a breather here and there, so guys could see a series or two on occasion at LG.
02-07-2015 01:53 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

Bezerra was one of our highest-rated recruits last year right? Will he be a Red Shirt Freshman this year? He was supposedly more of a pass-catcher than a blocker right?
02-08-2015 01:36 PM
All American

(02-08-2015 01:36 PM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  Bezerra was one of our highest-rated recruits last year right? Will he be a Red Shirt Freshman this year? He was supposedly more of a pass-catcher than a blocker right?

No. He is a sophomore. He played all last year. Just didn't really show up on tape all that much. Until Western shows a willingness to throw the ball to the TE's, I have to believe that blocking is the more important skill. I think Underwood as a freshmen is as impressive a blocking TE as there is on that team right now.
02-08-2015 02:27 PM
Advertisement

Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

One great thing about Rynearson, is that you get to really watch how our team interacts with each other during the game. And BY THE WAY, Wesley French is a maniac. I love it. A crazy man. Can't wait to see him be crazy and maniacal on the field!
10-31-2015 12:41 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

Speaking of OL...Toledo is yet to give up a sack this year. Crazy!
10-31-2015 12:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.