Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

3-game homestand
Bookmark and Share
Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
3-game homestand
Home sweet home. We now return to Trask to host William & Mary (Saturday), Charleston (2/11) and Northeastern (2/14).

The fact that we host the Tribe and Huskies in this stretch means that we are in control of our own destiny to take a virtual stranglehold on 1st place all to ourselves. Win all 3 games in our house and this would be the best case scenario for how the top 3 looks for W&M and NU:

1. UNCW 11-3
2. W&M 11-3
3. NU 10-4

This is our opportunity to prove we're the best team in the conference. And Trask should be rocking for all 3 games. This is going to be fun.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 10:19 PM by Seahawk Nation 08.)
02-04-2015 10:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bricksnivy Offline
All American

RE: 3-game homestand
(02-04-2015 10:17 PM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  This is going to be fun.

Indeed. Saturday should be rocking.
02-04-2015 10:49 PM
Tribal Offline

I Root For: William & Mary
Wait...wait...wait. Wasn't the sky falling just a few days ago? Wow, you actually think beating JMU means you have a shot at beating the team that beat you already and is actually in first place. You guys are cute.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 12:31 AM by Tribal.)
02-05-2015 12:29 AM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
Tribal. We haven't had a winning season since 07-08. Last year, we were 0-11 in the CAA at this point, and went on to a 3-14 conference record. Our muscle memory is that of the sky falling. Every loss recalls a losing streak that followed. A LONG losing streak. As fans, we're remembering what it's like to win along with the players.

Saturday night, UNCW will have the chance to erase the long nightmare that followed the departure of Brownell 9 years ago and 3 coaches since. This team, a packed house, and honoring perhaps the best PG in the history of UNCW may be the potion we need. We've already avenged our loss to Hofstra, now for the Tribe.

You guys are on fire right now. High scoring offense, high percentage shooting from FT's to 3 pointers, solid defensive rebounding, solid defense. It will be a HUGE challenge, and you guys may be too good.

I just hope we can bring our A game, and play aggressively to the final buzzer. A healthy Dylan Sherwood back in the lineup means a lot, and Freddie Jackson seems to be over his ankle issues enough to compete like he did last night.

We are cautiously optimistic, but realize what you guys bring to the table.
02-05-2015 02:29 AM
70shawk Offline
All American

I Root For: Brandon University
First time in a long time that there are this many chips on the table this late in the season! Kind of fun.

No way to view the W&M game as anything other than a must-win if you are thinking about a regular season championship. An L would mean falling two games back, with the tie-breaker going to W&M. On the other hand, a W means this is a tied up horse race to the end.

Good stuff.
02-05-2015 05:19 AM
getmhawks Offline
2nd String

Huge game this weekend and really the perfect time to honor JG. I Can't believe it's taken this long to hang his jersey. But it seems like the stars have aligned. It would have been a shame to have hung this in some of the pathetic years we've had in recent history.

Hope they have a phenomenal highlight clip prepared. Video message from Coach B and old teammates would be a nice touch as well.
02-05-2015 06:24 AM
Advertisement

cradhawkfan Offline
Water Engineer

(02-05-2015 12:29 AM)Tribal Wrote:  Wait...wait...wait. Wasn't the sky falling just a few days ago? Wow, you actually think beating JMU means you have a shot at beating the team that beat you already and is actually in first place. You guys are cute.
Oh you mean the team we led by 20 at the half ON THE ROAD that only won because we fell apart? Yeah, can't imagine why we think we'd have a chance, moron.
02-05-2015 07:35 AM
Tribal Offline

Now, now, now crad...no need for name-calling. Some of us Tribe fans have a good-natured quasi-smack relationship with UNCW fans. We all know W&M's track record in MBB and we know the Hawks have had a tough time the past few years. Our fanbases are just thrilled to have something positive to talk about. Anyhow, we have a big game tonight against a CoC team that we smoked by 30 so I expect us to struggle.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 07:47 AM by Tribal.)
02-05-2015 07:46 AM
Hall of Famer

Tribal can't fool us. W&M is worried. They already have a thread on their board talking about how the Goldsberry jersey retirement will make for an emotional and energy-charged atmosphere. They'll have to play their best game of the season to take us down Saturday night.

Anybody from your camp making the trip?
02-05-2015 08:22 AM
Osprey#1 Offline
Bench Warmer

Yes, Tribal! Please come down and visit Trask on Saturday. It's gonna be LOUD!!!!!
02-05-2015 08:57 AM
Tribal Offline

I will not be there as I'm traveling for work. Would love to meet you guys in B'more, though.

We're not worried, just happy to be in the fight this late in the season. It's tough being #1.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 09:05 AM by Tribal.)
02-05-2015 09:04 AM
Advertisement

LeadBolt Online
All American

I expect that we'll win a close game Saturday night, but I don't expect to spot you 22 before waking up to the fact that we couldn't count on Buzz to bail us out. You guys are much improved, but I'm thinking you're still a year away from taking the CAA again. As for W&M, we're just trying to do it for the first time...
02-05-2015 09:06 AM
Tribal Offline

Addison won't hit 19 threes again.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 09:15 AM by Tribal.)
02-05-2015 09:12 AM
SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

This is not a one trick pony team.
02-05-2015 09:21 AM
Hall of Famer

(02-05-2015 09:12 AM)Tribal Wrote:  Addison won't hit 19 threes again.

Our other two top scorers, Freddie Jackson and Craig Ponder,were both held in check in Williamsburg. I don't see THAT happening Saturday night either. Also, since that game Cedrick Williams has gotten into the act a lot more, including a 22 pt, 14 rebound effort against Towson.

I'm not saying you can throw out the numbers from the first matchup, but we have shown we have a lot of ways we can beat opponents. If we put up a total team effort we'll win.
02-05-2015 09:24 AM
Hall of Famer

33 beat me to it.
02-05-2015 09:24 AM
Advertisement

Tribal Offline

I hear you guys on that. Everyone thought we were the College of Thornton until they saw Prewitt, Tarpey, and Dixon play. Teams double Marcus a lot and that leaves our dead-eye shooters wide open. We usually have 3-4 guys in double figures (as you guys have) and that balance is a recipe for success. One guy has an off night but we have guys to pick up the points.

NU really only has Lee. JMU has Curry. Guard them and win by 20.
02-05-2015 09:31 AM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
3-game homestand
What's Waste Management doing over on our boards already? Don't they have a date with CofC?

Lol. I kid, I kid.

It's probably going to be the CAA's matchup of the season, for sure.

Glad to have your smack talking Tribal. It's been a long time since we've been in a position to run our mouths.
02-05-2015 09:59 AM
BigDoubleU Offline
Bench Warmer

I have to work Saturday night and will miss the game! I'll be following it on my phone though. This game is huge.
02-05-2015 10:08 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

Was trying to make it down, unfortunately not looking like it's in the cards. Definitely next Saturday though!
02-05-2015 10:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.