Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UC's Nippert Stadium construction update (new photos and more information added)
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
UC's Nippert Stadium construction update (new photos and more information added)
The big red crane is gone. This includes information about the east side of the stadium where new concessions and restrooms will be built on the plaza area.

And we are seeing interior walls going up now.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2015 01:50 PM by bearcatfan.)
01-29-2015 11:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

texcane1982 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tulsa
RE: UC's Nippert Stadium construction update
(01-29-2015 11:02 AM)bearcatfan Wrote:  The big red crane is gone. This includes information about the east side of the stadium where new concessions and restrooms will be built on the plaza area.

The renderings look great. Congrats to UC supporters, that's a really nice makeover and what appears to be a first class facility. Anyword on the final costs? There are some really nice venus in the AAC comapred to the MWC.

TX
01-29-2015 11:50 AM
apoe Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(01-29-2015 11:50 AM)texcane1982 Wrote:  The renderings look great. Congrats to UC supporters, that's a really nice makeover and what appears to be a first class facility. Anyword on the final costs? There are some really nice venus in the AAC comapred to the MWC.

TX

Original estimates were at $80M, at a recent town hall meeting they used "close to $100M" as the construction figure.
01-29-2015 11:55 AM
Advertisement

bearcat29 Offline

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(01-29-2015 11:55 AM)apoe Wrote:  
(01-29-2015 11:50 AM)texcane1982 Wrote:  The renderings look great. Congrats to UC supporters, that's a really nice makeover and what appears to be a first class facility. Anyword on the final costs? There are some really nice venus in the AAC comapred to the MWC.

TX

Original estimates were at $80M, at a recent town hall meeting they used "close to $100M" as the construction figure.
Can't Wait!! Nice venue, but any crowd over 30K was annoying. I think this will help out tremendously but still keep the history and atmosphere.
01-29-2015 12:18 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(01-29-2015 11:02 AM)bearcatfan Wrote:  The big red crane is gone. This includes information about the east side of the stadium where new concessions and restrooms will be built on the plaza area.

Love what you guys are doing.
01-29-2015 12:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JP Bearcat Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cincinnati
It will make a huge difference on the east side of the stadium where the upper deck will now have its own restrooms and concessions area on the plaza. Not like in the past where a massive cluster funk occurred at halftime and you missed the entire third quarter if you needed to take care of business.
01-29-2015 12:57 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(01-29-2015 12:57 PM)JP Bearcat Wrote:  It will make a huge difference on the east side of the stadium where the upper deck will now have its own restrooms and concessions area on the plaza. Not like in the past where a massive cluster funk occurred at halftime and you missed the entire third quarter if you needed to take care of business.

You are being too kind. I would not even venture down there at halftime.
01-29-2015 01:17 PM
Advertisement

Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(01-29-2015 01:17 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(01-29-2015 12:57 PM)JP Bearcat Wrote:  It will make a huge difference on the east side of the stadium where the upper deck will now have its own restrooms and concessions area on the plaza. Not like in the past where a massive cluster funk occurred at halftime and you missed the entire third quarter if you needed to take care of business.

I had a system where I'd head down with about a minute left in the half before the masses got up.. go down into the pit and take the stairs over by the ATM and concession stand that brought you up by the tennis courts on to the plaza level . There you could use the port-o-lets and get a beer and or a dog from the vendors up there and hang there during halftime. It worked...but very much looking forward to the new Nippert
01-29-2015 01:36 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(01-29-2015 01:36 PM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  
(01-29-2015 01:17 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

I had a system where I'd head down with about a minute left in the half before the masses got up.. go down into the pit and take the stairs over by the ATM and concession stand that brought you up by the tennis courts on to the plaza level . There you could use the port-o-lets and get a beer and or a dog from the vendors up there and hang there during halftime. It worked...but very much looking forward to the new Nippert

I do the same thing lol. Best way to traverse that area is to hug the walkway close to the lower level also, if not it is like bumper cars.
01-29-2015 01:46 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
[Image: 8458941.jpeg]

[Image: 10730142.jpeg]

Photo gallery

http://www.gobearcats.com/view.gal?id=173817

CINCINNATI – The University of Cincinnati football team is scheduled to play its 2015 season opener against Alabama A&M in just over 215 days inside a newly renovated and expanded Nippert Stadium.

Construction on the $86-million, privately funded project continues and is on schedule and budget. The overall project has three main objectives: improve the gameday experience for all fans, enhance premium seating options and maintain the classic design of the facility.

"Our vision is to create a premier gameday experience for all of our guests," Director of Athletics Mike Bohn said. "It is an exciting time to see our collective resources come together daily in the form of a truly exceptional, renovated and expanded Nippert Stadium. We are proud to share our progress with those who inspire our genuine passion for an iconic stadium, including donors, strategic partners, students, fans and our campus constituents. We look forward to sharing additional updates, amenities and developments as the project continues to move towards stages of completion for opening day and beyond."

UC played its 2014 campaign at Paul Brown Stadium downtown. The 2015 season marks the 100th anniversary of original construction on the facility.

Work is now ongoing on both the east and west side of the facility and will continue throughout the winter. An update on various phases of the project as well as some exciting news for fans is provided below.

//GAMEDAY EXPERIENCE

Wider concourses as well as new concession stands and restrooms throughout the facility.
ADA accessible seating and restrooms.
Exciting new food and beverage offerings.
Refreshed and updated gameday activities will be announced later this year as details are finalized.

//WEST SIDE PROGRESS

The new press box structure on the west side stretches for almost 130 yards and rises five stories above the stadium concourse.
Steel and concrete work is nearly complete as contractors have recently enclosed all five levels with a temporary wrap to allow work to continue during the winter months.
The curvature of the facility matches Herschede-Shank Pavilion on the east side of the stadium and contains four levels: a press and operations level, suite level, patio suites mezzanine level and scholarship club level.
UC will go from having nearly no premium seating options to the addition of 1,100 scholarship club seats and 53 indoor and outdoor suites of varying sizes.
A skywalk will connect Tangeman University Center to the press box with premium area customers able to access the facility on gameday from the other side of campus.
New lighting for the game field will be installed on the roof of the press box.

//EAST SIDE PROGRESS

On the east side concourse, all the old concession stands and restrooms have been torn out and work has begun on brand new facilities for all fans.
Contractors have taken over a portion of the Varsity Village garage which will become a new restroom fronted by a concession stand.
Foundations are being dug for installation of new field lighting poles.
In addition, the Herschede-Shank Pavilion will receive an upper concourse with skywalks directly connecting to the Varsity Village plaza where additional concessions and restrooms are being built. New stairwells are being constructed to provide main concourse access.

//SIDELINE CHANGE

With the creation of the new press box structure, the Bearcats will flip sidelines to the press box or west side of the facility.
The west side sideline is larger and allows for more space for the team as well as UC's spirit squads.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-footb...15aab.html
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2015 01:21 PM by bearcatfan.)
01-30-2015 01:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.