Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So has any decision happened with Turner Field and Ga State?
Bookmark and Share
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
So has any decision happened with Turner Field and Ga State?
Curious about this. I think this would be a great thing for the SB. It would be a great place to offer a Second Bowl Game in Atlanta and get another slot for the SB.
01-27-2015 01:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
RE: So has any decision happened with Turner Field and Ga State?
Until the Braves announce their leave date you wont hear anything...publicly.
01-27-2015 01:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(01-27-2015 01:14 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  Curious about this. I think this would be a great thing for the SB. It would be a great place to offer a Second Bowl Game in Atlanta and get another slot for the SB.

I'm all for another venue for possible bowls that we will can have an agreement with, but we really need a western base bowl to join us to help make the western teams happier. Rather it be in Little Rock, Dallas, or even gain a spot in the Independence Bowl. And with bigger bowls starting in bigger cities recently, and fan bases thumbing their noses at Shreveport, that could happen.
01-27-2015 01:36 PM
GeauxUL Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ragin Cajuns
(01-27-2015 01:36 PM)Usajags Wrote:  
(01-27-2015 01:14 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  Curious about this. I think this would be a great thing for the SB. It would be a great place to offer a Second Bowl Game in Atlanta and get another slot for the SB.

I'm all for another venue for possible bowls that we will can have an agreement with, but we really need a western base bowl to join us to help make the western teams happier. Rather it be in Little Rock, Dallas, or even gain a spot in the Independence Bowl. And with bigger bowls starting in bigger cities recently, and fan bases thumbing their noses at Shreveport, that could happen.

Who's thumbing their nose at the independence bowl? They just hosted 2 good p5 programs and have a backup agreement with cusa.
01-27-2015 01:39 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

The Independence Bowl has a nice tradition(38 years) and has contracts with the SEC and ACC, but let's face it, Shreveport isn't exactly the French Rivera. Fans would rather go to Dallas, Houston, Nashville, Atlanta, New Orleans. I just wonder how long the Independence Bowl can hold on to those contracts with those leagues.
01-27-2015 01:48 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
(01-27-2015 01:48 PM)Usajags Wrote:  The Independence Bowl has a nice tradition(38 years) and has contracts with the SEC and ACC, but let's face it, Shreveport isn't exactly the French Rivera. Fans would rather go to Dallas, Houston, Nashville, Atlanta, New Orleans. I just wonder how long the Independence Bowl can hold on to those contracts with those leagues.

At least 5 more years since this is the first year of a six year cycle.
01-27-2015 02:31 PM
Advertisement

Tuscon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Georgia State

Nothing official, but I've heard from independent sources we're a done deal behind closed doors. It's not just coming from the school.
01-27-2015 02:47 PM
StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
Challenge to Braves Stadium Bonds to be heard in February

As soon as the bonds are confirmed, I think the Braves will turn in their notice soon after, and then you will hear something.
01-27-2015 02:49 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Looking at the pictures from another thread it looks like the new GaSt baseball field would sit where Fulton County Stadium sat. I've always liked the Ted, could make for a unique football stadium and nice area for GaSt.
01-27-2015 02:58 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(01-27-2015 02:49 PM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  Challenge to Braves Stadium Bonds to be heard in February

As soon as the bonds are confirmed, I think the Braves will turn in their notice soon after, and then you will hear something.

Pretty sure something occurs before the year is out. My info is everyone from all parties is ready waiting for the announcement. And then we can get to the neighborhood opposition part.
01-27-2015 03:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I need to clear my conscience. My positive feelings towards the plans GaSt have for the Turner Field area are only valid as long as we are in the same conference. If for some reason we end up in seperate conferences, then their plan is total junk. 04-cheers
01-27-2015 04:07 PM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

(01-27-2015 04:07 PM)Usajags Wrote:  I need to clear my conscience. My positive feelings towards the plans GaSt have for the Turner Field area are only valid as long as we are in the same conference. If for some reason we end up in seperate conferences, then their plan is total junk. 04-cheers
Message Forum Rule 32

LOL
01-27-2015 04:20 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
Shocked that it took so long for someone to bring that up. Soon as the rumor can be confirmed the prerecorded press conference announcing the envite, acceptance and CUSAs plans to move head quarters to Atl will be broadcast via twitter, hashtag, buygearhere.
01-27-2015 06:59 PM
panama Offline
Legend

GS threadjack...shocking
01-27-2015 08:28 PM
SBEagle Offline
1st String

Re: RE: So has any decision happened with Turner Field and Ga State?
(01-27-2015 03:45 PM)panama Wrote:  
(01-27-2015 02:49 PM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  Challenge to Braves Stadium Bonds to be heard in February

Pretty sure something occurs before the year is out. My info is everyone from all parties is ready waiting for the announcement. And then we can get to the neighborhood opposition part.

Do you expect much opposition from the surrounding neighbors? If so, why would they oppose?
01-27-2015 08:29 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(01-27-2015 08:29 PM)SBEagle Wrote:  

Do you expect much opposition from the surrounding neighbors? If so, why would they oppose?
Because that's what intown neighborhood groups do. They will invariably want to solve all problems with one development. I understand them being wary but there are sure to be some with their own vision of what should be built and usually the vision isn't based in reality. There is a reason that none of the 4 studies done over 20 plus years for this area have ever panned out
01-27-2015 08:36 PM
Advertisement

itsmeagain Offline
1st String

I Root For: GSU
(01-27-2015 08:36 PM)panama Wrote:  

Because that's what intown neighborhood groups do. They will invariably want to solve all problems with one development. I understand them being wary but there are sure to be some with their own vision of what should be built and usually the vision isn't based in reality. There is a reason that none of the 4 studies done over 20 plus years for this area have ever panned out

With that being said, from the odd blurbs i hear it sounds like a lot of the Summer Hill is quite enthusiastic about the project.
01-28-2015 09:39 AM
panama Offline
Legend

(01-28-2015 09:39 AM)itsmeagain Wrote:  
(01-27-2015 08:36 PM)panama Wrote:  

With that being said, from the odd blurbs i hear it sounds like a lot of the Summer Hill is quite enthusiastic about the project.
I think the caution has been from City Council members for the area and Neighborhood Planning Unit representatives. Almost all the residents seem happy that it not be 80 acres of empty parking lots anymore. It will be great if it leads to development of adjacent areas like the empty commercial buildings on Georgia Avenue.
01-28-2015 09:46 AM
Eagle's Cliff Offline
1st String

(01-28-2015 09:46 AM)panama Wrote:  I think the caution has been from City Council members for the area and Neighborhood Planning Unit representatives. Almost all the residents seem happy that it not be 80 acres of empty parking lots anymore. It will be great if it leads to development of adjacent areas like the empty commercial buildings on Georgia Avenue.

Because empty sports venues are so much more attractive03-yawn
01-28-2015 12:46 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I do kinda see this as a "lets see what would have happened if UAb would have gotten their stadium" type experiment. I'm not sure if the "build it and they will come" really works for programs that have little to no support.

Sorry GaSt, you guys have an uphill battle no matter what building you play in.
01-28-2015 01:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.