Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2012 Class
Bookmark and Share
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
2012 Class
Tim at BCL just did a good post on the 2012 Class which was ranked #51.
14 of the 24 players are no longer on the roster. Payne, Edwards (was a greyshirt), Bond,
are starters. A Jones, Tion have played and made starts. Dowdy will probably be #1 TE next season. You never know how a class will pan out until a few years down the road.

01-23-2015 12:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: 2012 Class
(01-23-2015 12:34 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Tim at BCL just did a good post on the 2012 Class which was ranked #51.
14 of the 24 players are no longer on the roster. Payne, Edwards (was a greyshirt), Bond,
are starters. A Jones, Tion have played and made starts. Dowdy will probably be #1 TE next season. You never know how a class will pan out until a few years down the road.

There's been a pretty significant pattern with all of Jones' classes, heck, his and Kelly's classes, with a lot of players never even making it to campus. Amazed that we've been able to do what we've done when we are only converting on roughly 60% of our commits per year.

01-23-2015 12:45 PM
Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-23-2015 12:34 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Tim at BCL just did a good post on the 2012 Class which was ranked #51.

Not uncommon at all when there is a coaching change. Bama lost 16 kids from the recruiting class prior to Saban arriving there. And Auburn lost 15 from the recruiting class prior to Malzahn taking over. Attrition is very common when there is a head coaching change.

01-23-2015 12:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
I would also expect it to be very common to see alot of attrition on football teams as kids realize they are 3rd or 4th on the depth chart and decide to transfer to get playing time somewhere else.

01-23-2015 01:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(01-23-2015 12:46 PM)Marcus Wrote:  

Not uncommon at all when there is a coaching change. Bama lost 16 kids from the recruiting class prior to Saban arriving there. And Auburn lost 15 from the recruiting class prior to Malzahn taking over. Attrition is very common when there is a head coaching change.

Coaching change was part of it, but Jones also took on a lot of guys who were academically marginal. A lot of the guys either never made it to begin with or never made the grades to stick around very long.

Looking back at the departures, there are not that many I wish were still here. I know people think very highly of Bennie Coney and Patrick Coyne, but it is not as if those kids are tearing it up at their new schools (mostly on the FCS level) or that they are substantially better than the kids Tuberville replaced them with.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2015 01:09 PM by CliftonAve.)
01-23-2015 01:08 PM
Advertisement

Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-23-2015 01:03 PM)nachoman91 Wrote:  I would also expect it to be very common to see alot of attrition on football teams as kids realize they are 3rd or 4th on the depth chart and decide to transfer to get playing time somewhere else.

Very true. It's becoming more and more common every year in college football. Far more than it ever used to be. No doubt about that. And a coaching change in the middle of it only accelerates it.

01-23-2015 01:12 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
Just thought I'd throw in here that there is speculation at cincyontheprowl.com that RB Deionte Buckley is or will be back with the Bearcats.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2015 10:37 AM by Bearhawkeye.)
01-24-2015 10:34 AM
Advertisement

marcuscan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats + UF
(01-23-2015 01:08 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(01-23-2015 12:46 PM)Marcus Wrote:  

Coaching change was part of it, but Jones also took on a lot of guys who were academically marginal. A lot of the guys either never made it to begin with or never made the grades to stick around very long.

Looking back at the departures, there are not that many I wish were still here. I know people think very highly of Bennie Coney and Patrick Coyne, but it is not as if those kids are tearing it up at their new schools (mostly on the FCS level) or that they are substantially better than the kids Tuberville replaced them with.

I've said it repeatedly on here....Butch Jones' classes were overrated. I'm typically met with skepticism, but now as time continues to roll on the truth is becoming more clear.

Contrasting the success of overall classes and/ or individuals to his predecessors reflects very poorly on the job he did. I'm not really concerned about the attrition, per se. I mean, yeah it sucks, but it happens everywhere. What's most disconcerting is very few of his recruits amounted to much in terms as being a real difference maker. Even fewer will continue playing football from here.

There's been a talent deficit for a while here....which when taken into account kind of baffles me as to why people are surprised by some of our performances against P5 teams.

Bottom line, CBJ was overrated as a recruiter for the Bearcats. I'll be interested to see how his highly rated classes at UT fare.

mc

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2015 03:51 PM by marcuscan.)
01-24-2015 03:50 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(01-24-2015 10:34 AM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  Just thought I'd throw in here that there is speculation at cincyontheprowl.com that RB Deionte Buckley is or will be back with the Bearcats.

Think someone posted a while back that they ran into himist an eatery on Calhoun and he said he was coming back.

01-24-2015 09:56 PM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(01-24-2015 09:56 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(01-24-2015 10:34 AM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  Just thought I'd throw in here that there is speculation at cincyontheprowl.com that RB Deionte Buckley is or will be back with the Bearcats.

Think someone posted a while back that they ran into himist an eatery on Calhoun and he said he was coming back.

Will there be a scholarship even available for him?

01-25-2015 10:17 AM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
(01-25-2015 10:17 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  
(01-24-2015 09:56 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  

Will there be a scholarship even available for him?

Doubtful. He'll probably have to walk-on.

01-25-2015 11:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.