Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Breaking - Could UAB boosters bring football back? Committee will do the financial
Bookmark and Share
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Breaking - Could UAB boosters bring football back? Committee will do the financial
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index....cart_river

At least this is a glimmer of hope. I still don't trust the bastard.

BTW want to help us? Wear this article out on the comments and help defend us. I'd do the same for you!

The trolls will be obvious.
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2015 03:46 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
01-21-2015 03:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: Breaking - Could UAB boosters bring football back? Committee will do the financial
(01-21-2015 03:45 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index....cart_river

At least this is a glimmer of hope. I still don't trust the bastard.

BTW want to help us? Wear this article out on the comments and help defend us. I'd do the same for you!

The trolls will be obvious.

Done. I hope UAB gets rid of this clown and brings back FB.
01-21-2015 03:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
RE: Breaking - Could UAB boosters bring football back? Committee will do the financial
I really don't want to be stuck in the A-Sun.
01-21-2015 03:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
But wouldn't this be a catch 22? and I know to the fans that's better than it is now but I don't see any way this turns out good for UAB. You are basically starting over and with that most likely take 12 beatings the first year and probably 10 to 12 the next few years. With that fan support will be next to nothing, most likely. Everyone says no matter what we will support the program but reality sets in and those fans start finding other things to do on a Saturday afternoon that watch UAB get their heads kicked in.

Then you get ..WE TOLD YOU SO, even if it's the same group that caused this problem in the first place. The only way I can see for UAB to come out any better is if the NCAA waves the transfer rules then it will be easier to get transfers in. Good Luck because I know that even going through all the pain of rebuilding the program is better than not having it...to the UAB fans
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2015 04:05 PM by WKUYG.)
01-21-2015 04:04 PM
T_Won1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
I just don't understand why they have to review the financials. This was never a financial problem.
01-21-2015 04:06 PM
Highflying49er Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Charlotte
(01-21-2015 04:04 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  But wouldn't this be a catch 22? and I know to the fans that's better than it is now but I don't see any way this turns out good for UAB. You are basically starting over and with that most likely take 12 beatings the first year and probably 10 to 12 the next few years. With that fan support will be next to nothing, most likely. Everyone says no matter what we will support the program but reality sets in and those fans start finding other things to do on a Saturday afternoon that watch UAB get their heads kicked in.

Then you get ..WE TOLD YOU SO, even if it's the same group that caused this problem in the first place. The only way I can see for UAB to come out any better is if the NCAA waves the transfer rules then it will be easier to get transfers in. Good Luck because I know that even going through all the pain of rebuilding the program is better than not having it...to the UAB fans

True. Also, I cant help but think the long term success of the UAB athletic department depends on the ability to reduce the influence of the UA BOT over it. I would hate to see football restart only to have Tuscaloosa shoot it down again in 5 years or so.

Speaking of which, has there been any new progress on Rep. Rogers plans to adjust the BOT?
01-21-2015 04:11 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Jack William's bills have the best chance.

I don't think we will take 12 beatings if we get it restored in 2016. I think you recruit and schedule smart. We also still have about 50 guys still on campus that would have to take a red shirt year. You recruit some transfers in 2015 and then a full class in 2016. We are in a football hot bed and coach Clark, (who is still here waiting this thing out), has proven he can turn programs around quickly.
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2015 04:17 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
01-21-2015 04:16 PM
BlazerDave Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
(01-21-2015 04:11 PM)Highflying49er Wrote:  
(01-21-2015 04:04 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  But wouldn't this be a catch 22? and I know to the fans that's better than it is now but I don't see any way this turns out good for UAB. You are basically starting over and with that most likely take 12 beatings the first year and probably 10 to 12 the next few years. With that fan support will be next to nothing, most likely. Everyone says no matter what we will support the program but reality sets in and those fans start finding other things to do on a Saturday afternoon that watch UAB get their heads kicked in.

True. Also, I cant help but think the long term success of the UAB athletic department depends on the ability to reduce the influence of the UA BOT over it. I would hate to see football restart only to have Tuscaloosa shoot it down again in 5 years or so.

Speaking of which, has there been any new progress on Rep. Rogers plans to adjust the BOT?

Not yet. The next legislative session starts in March
01-21-2015 04:17 PM
Afflicted Offline
Banned

I Root For: Rice and UH
I don't think UAB will be allowed to stay in CUSA without football, but I do believe they'll be back. My feeling is that UAB will be replaced and go to 14. When UAB returns, the conference will add yet another school and stay at 16.Bring back football and build your stadium UAB!
01-21-2015 11:06 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
I tried.....just got some stupid 'bottom right corner twirly thingy' in the "comments" box ...... cub bear jr is fkn with me.....

#hatesomesites

#hatewhathappened
01-21-2015 11:55 PM
Shrack Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(01-21-2015 11:06 PM)Afflicted Wrote:  I don't think UAB will be allowed to stay in CUSA without football, but I do believe they'll be back. My feeling is that UAB will be replaced and go to 14. When UAB returns, the conference will add yet another school and stay at 16.Bring back football and build your stadium UAB!

Doubt it. Doesn't even really pay to have more than 12 schools as it is. If CUSA goes to 16, it's just hurting it's own finances. The only reason CUSA has 14 now is to avoid having to get new teams when/if realignment happens again in the next 2-4 years.
01-22-2015 01:10 AM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I am an advocate for 16 teams and moving to four team pods. There are many reasons it can work I just don't have the time to lay them out right now. Maybe later. Let's save football first.
01-22-2015 09:05 AM
Afflicted Offline
Banned

I Root For: Rice and UH
I don't like 4 pods, but the current 2-division format works for me. We could stay at 14 if UAB can commit to bringing back football within two years. I think that's reasonable.
01-22-2015 10:21 AM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
Dont like 4 pods. 14 teams max.
01-22-2015 10:25 AM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
Actually if UAB does make a comeback, they seem ideal for the Sun Belt. The damage has been done, it may be awhile for UAB to get back on it's feet. At least in the Sub Belt, they may have a fighting chance.
01-22-2015 10:56 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Hell we would not be any worse than we have been the last few years. C-USA suits me fine. Hell we are a founding member.

I understand getting kicked out if we don't return football but if we do there is no reason to kick us out. You don't defecate on a charter member.
01-22-2015 11:08 AM
Advertisement

Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
I am enjoying this forced backpedaling by President Watts. His incompetence, at least in the way this matter has been handled, is nothing short of amazing. You'd think that they numbers would have been crunched and re-crunched in the Carr report before such a monumental decision was made.

I'm not sure where this will end, but for the first time I think there is a real glimmer of hope that UAB football may return. Will it return at FBS levels? Of that, I'm not sure. There are other options (FCS, Div. 2, etc., none of which I am hoping for.) I'm encouraged that Bill Clark is still hanging around. Maybe he knows that there is hope and he wants to be there to finish the job he started, although the hill is much steeper now, for sure.

Given this, as long as there is some hope, I'd like to stay at 13 and see where the dust settles. I personally like 14, but would MUCH rather have that 14th be UAB, and if there's a chance, we can afford to wait.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2015 02:43 PM by Cnelson203.)
01-22-2015 11:15 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

If it returns it will be FBS or nothing. We have a great chance for a bill to restore it being passed.

Watts is saying he wants to stay in C-USA but he really wants us kicked out to make the return of football more difficult.
01-22-2015 12:32 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
(01-22-2015 12:32 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  If it returns it will be FBS or nothing. We have a great chance for a bill to restore it being passed.

Watts is saying he wants to stay in C-USA but he really wants us kicked out to make the return of football more difficult.

If a bill is passed by the Alabama legislature forcing UAB to have football, will the state legislature appropriate state funds to pay for it or will they tell UAB they have to pay for it?
01-22-2015 02:14 PM
ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
(01-22-2015 02:14 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  
(01-22-2015 12:32 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  If it returns it will be FBS or nothing. We have a great chance for a bill to restore it being passed.

If a bill is passed by the Alabama legislature forcing UAB to have football, will the state legislature appropriate state funds to pay for it or will they tell UAB they have to pay for it?

Funds would be appropriated to the University system. The University system would be responsiable for the cost of the football program since those cost would be maindated by state law.
01-22-2015 03:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.