WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TCU Got screwed
texasbronco1 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos
TCU Got screwed
I'm still confused on why TCU was left out of the 4 team playoff after going into the final week ranked 3rd and then winning something like 52 - 3. Something is rotten in Denmark.
So they get Mississippi in the Peach Bowl. You know Mississippi, the 9th ranked team in the country. Ole Miss. The team that was #1 in the nation for a few weeks after they beat Alabama. The team who later beat Mississippi State. The team with what most pundits have said is the best defense in the country.
Well. so far it is 42 - 3 in favor of TCU late in the 4th quarter. Ole Miss finally got a field goal with 7 minutes left in the game. I wonder if the experts will move TCU up to 5th in the final poll.
The 4 team playoff system is off to a pathetic start and they haven't even played the first game.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2014 04:39 PM by texasbronco1.)
12-31-2014 03:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

floridabronco Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU #1
RE: TCU Got screwed
Agree 1000%!!,
12-31-2014 03:53 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
I can't tell you how happy I am that tere stupid format is already falling apart.

TCU got totally screwed.
12-31-2014 04:24 PM
okgc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
Wait til Thursday when Baylor hammers MSU to prove they were cheated out of the playoffs also.
12-31-2014 04:41 PM
The Colonel Offline
1st String

TCU destroys Ole Miss; Boise jumps out to a 21-0 lead over Arizona...

Today is off to a great start for those looking to make the argument for an 8-team playoff that includes a G5 rep.
12-31-2014 05:00 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

The biggest flaw in the college football playoff system is how it was shaped from the beginning.

Bottom line, it should have been an 8-team playoff. P5 conference champions each get an automatic bid, top G5 ranked team, and then 2 at-large's.

TCU has a legitimate argument this year about being left out, but so does Baylor too.
12-31-2014 05:07 PM
Advertisement

Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/Boat Drinks
Ole Miss beat Boise to start the year.
Baylor beat TCU straight up.
both TCU and Baylor got screwed. This should have been an 8 team playoff.
Big 12 screwed up with not naming an actual champion.

If FCS can do a 24 team playoff than FBS can do a 12 team playoff with the top 4 getting a bye in the first round. That way u have one champion from each conference and get the next best in also. Use the big 4 bowls as the second round of the playoff. To get to the final 4 where we are now. That committee was bull**** with their rankings during the season.
12-31-2014 05:22 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(12-31-2014 05:07 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  The biggest flaw in the college football playoff system is how it was shaped from the beginning.

Bottom line, it should have been an 8-team playoff. P5 conference champions each get an automatic bid, top G5 ranked team, and then 2 at-large's.

TCU has a legitimate argument this year about being left out, but so does Baylor too.

With all due respect, I disagree. If it is going to be legitimate NCAA championship playoff it must include the champ from each league. Thus 16 team playoff. I could digest kimbos 12 team deal though.

Don't get me going. Let's not fall into that bcs leagues are only ones worthy.....
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2014 10:27 PM by brovol.)
12-31-2014 10:18 PM
jubbasubba Offline
All American

I Root For:
One thing that frustrates me about this entire thing is that no one is talking about how TCU lost to Baylor. TCU was pretty much handing it to them and Baylor got on a hot streak and kinda pulled one out of their butts to win the game.

I guess shame on TCU for not closing out the game, but man they were impressive for every quarter except maybe 1 and half in the Baylor game.

Head up games to me are worthless unless its in a playoff setting where its 1 and done. If Baylor and TCU played 10 times, I have a hard time believing Baylor would win more than 3 of them.
01-01-2015 01:00 AM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(12-31-2014 10:18 PM)brovol Wrote:  
(12-31-2014 05:07 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  The biggest flaw in the college football playoff system is how it was shaped from the beginning.

With all due respect, I disagree. If it is going to be legitimate NCAA championship playoff it must include the champ from each league. Thus 16 team playoff. I could digest kimbos 12 team deal though.

Don't get me going. Let's not fall into that bcs leagues are only ones worthy.....

Until G5's become more relevant in the college football landscape, there is no justification for including teams like Northern Illinois, Memphis, and Louisiana-Lafayette in the discussion of a national championship.
01-01-2015 08:17 AM
Dirty Ernie Offline
Heisman

(01-01-2015 08:17 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  
(12-31-2014 10:18 PM)brovol Wrote:  

Until G5's become more relevant in the college football landscape, there is no justification for including teams like Northern Illinois, Memphis, and Louisiana-Lafayette in the discussion of a national championship.

Chicken and egg thing. So a committee says, OK, this G5 won 12 games but they are not the same level and they are out? But if they are not in they have no way to demonstrate their worth. There is no path to get the new level. Having said that, you are probably right!
01-01-2015 08:31 AM
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

Boise St. made themselves relevant. Boise St. found a way into the BCS and won (Oklahoma). They did it again last night.

Northern Illinois was close -- got a berth into the Orange Bowl -- but lost, and since, has taken a step backwards.

It's very difficult, but possible even in the new format. Programs just have to go out and make a big commitment to make it happen.
01-01-2015 09:59 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

TCU was very impressive yesterday but remember Ole Miss was a third-place team in their division, not a conference champ or even runner-up.

Don't think you can say they "got screwed" until after we see how Ohio State-Alabama plays out.
01-01-2015 10:18 AM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
This is precisely why all conferences need to have equal opportunity in the playoff. If we are treated as if we are not D-1 NCAA schools or conferences, and distinguished by everyone, the NCAA, the media, and even it seems our own alumni, as inferior, and unworthy to eat at the same table as the Walmart schools, then we will never have the opportunity to grow into "relevant". On the other hand, if our conference champs are guaranteed a spot in playoff each year, that at least removes the stigma of being an acknowledged step child of the " real" ESPN worthy programs and conferences. Moreover, recruits would know, like they do in basketball, that if they play for a good football MAC school, they have a better chance at playing on the big NCAA playoff stage than say an Indiana, Vanderbilt, Rutgers, or even Mississippi state, UCLA, Wisconsin. That is a huge selling point.

It seems too many of our own have been willing to accept the argument that mid majors are unworthy. I have never accepted that, and encourage the rest of you to reject it as well. If the NCAA thinks we are inferior schools, and unworthy of equal opportunity in their playoff, then they can kick us out. Until then we are an NCAA d-1 conference, and just as it is done in all other sports, slow our conf champ in the dance.

Come on everyone. Leave your rakes in the field and take arms. Lol
01-01-2015 10:50 AM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

Not everyone deserves the "blue ribbon". We've become a society of wimps and we think every team deserves a "blue ribbon" for just participating/existing.

College basketball is deceiving because you have 68+ teams in the tournament. It "feels" like everybody has a shot because every conference champion gets an automatic bid, but in reality that's not actually the case. You've got 17/18-win teams from G5 conferences -- who finished the season around 8th place in their conference -- getting 10 seeds and 11 seeds. Meanwhile, you've got 25-win teams from lower tier conferences who won their conference in the regular season (lost in their tournament) who falt out get snubbed and don't make the cut.

Face it, some conference will always be stronger than others. There's only so many great athletes out there to fill D1 rosters. It is what it is. If we want to compete, we've got to recruit top talent and retain top talent (that includes coaches and players). Right now, we are doing what we can as a "G5" institution to become relevant like a Boise St. and like a Northern Illinois.
01-01-2015 11:14 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

You're thinking as if the NCAA were in charge and ESPN and the P5 money grabbers weren't calling the shots.

The last thing these a-hole pigs want is a level playing field.

Rest assured Boise sealed their fate again. Even if they went undefeated next year the powers that be will put them in a bowl with a non P5. They're not going to risk another embarrassing loss for one of their P5 top ten darlings.
01-01-2015 11:22 AM
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(01-01-2015 11:22 AM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  You're thinking as if the NCAA were in charge and ESPN and the P5 money grabbers weren't calling the shots.

The last thing these a-hole pigs want is a level playing field.

Rest assured Boise sealed their fate again. Even if they went undefeated next year the powers that be will put them in a bowl with a non P5. They're not going to risk another embarrassing loss for one of their P5 top ten darlings.

Boise State is the Katniss Everdeen of college football.
01-01-2015 11:30 AM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

Baylor doesn't impress me that much. They're very fast offensively (duh, Art Briles), and have one really good player on the defensive line, but nothing else really wows me about them.

It's 14-14 right now in the second quarter, but I'll be surprised if MSU doesn't eventually wear this team down and bury them in the second half. All of these trick plays and gimmick/deception plays that Baylor is calling cannot last the whole game.

(and I don't even think that highly of MSU this season)

edit: This only applies if MSU stops making all of these stupid personal foul and holding penalties on defense.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 02:16 PM by Hoekjeness.)
01-01-2015 01:49 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

This sure doesn't look like the same MSU team I've grown accustomed to seeing the last several years. Has Narduzzi's departure effected them this much? They seem very lackadaisical and careless on defense, and it appears to be carrying over on their style of play on offense. No fire or tenacity. Unless something changes in the locker room over halftime, Baylor is going to blow them out of the water.
01-01-2015 02:35 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(01-01-2015 02:35 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  This sure doesn't look like the same MSU team I've grown accustomed to seeing the last several years. Has Narduzzi's departure effected them this much? They seem very lackadaisical and careless on defense, and it appears to be carrying over on their style of play on offense. No fire or tenacity. Unless something changes in the locker room over halftime, Baylor is going to blow them out of the water.

OSU lit them up through the air too. Baylor isn't even bothering to run. Maybe Meyer exposed a crack in their defense.
01-01-2015 02:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.