Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

POOKIE.......
Bookmark and Share
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
MyBB POOKIE.......

I don't get the complaints about Pookie, he never played a minute of D1 ball up until this year and within 10 games, he looks like he's adjusting finely to the game and is going to be a stud. Probably is going to be one of our best pg in a long line of outstanding PGs in Tiger history

^ That is all !!!!! Pookie will be the best Point guard in Memphis Tiger History!!!

Pookie is incredible!!!! He Damanier; Markel are going to destroy all opposition over the next few years...I just hope Josh will get out of their way and someone continues to work with these guards to get the best out of them!!!

he may finish number 2 in the history! But I'm thinking Pookie plays 4 years and rewrites history!!!! He has already shown flashes in a very short time resembling flashes of every guard (point, that is) to ever dawn a Memphis uniform.... I'm not going to speak on Kedren being in his way the first few games, I'm am just glad he stayed and it has lit a fire under him!

From one Pookie to another you're the most amazing guard I have seen Out side of Shabazz & Penny Keep working hard and I will watch and support every game...Thanks for being a TIGER!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2014 12:00 PM by thagr82008.)
12-21-2014 12:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SigEpMike Offline
Devil's Advocate

I Root For: Memphis
CrappiesMemphis Hall of FameMemphis Hall of Fame
POOKIE.......
(12-21-2014 12:00 PM)thagr82008 Wrote:  That is all !!!!! Pookie will be the best Point guard in Memphis Tiger History!!!

I didn't think that they sold alcohol until noon on Sundays.
12-21-2014 12:16 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
RE: POOKIE.......
Don't y'all still store some under your kitchen sink? I have a short bottle there just to remind me of home.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2014 12:21 PM by snowtiger.)
12-21-2014 12:20 PM
tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
(12-21-2014 12:16 PM)SigEpMike Wrote:  
(12-21-2014 12:00 PM)thagr82008 Wrote:  That is all !!!!! Pookie will be the best Point guard in Memphis Tiger History!!!

I didn't think that they sold alcohol until noon on Sundays.

03-lmfao Well Pookie did improve one heck of a lot. May he keep going.

Where can you get alcohol (Wine-Liquor) on Sunday, other than beer at some locations?

GTG
12-21-2014 12:24 PM
tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

Donators
(12-21-2014 12:20 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  Don't y'all still store some under your kitchen sink? I have a short bottle there just to remind me of home.

Now, that is funny ! ! ! 03-lmfao There's lots of good stuff here at home.
12-21-2014 12:25 PM
SkilletTiger Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Tigers, man
the POOKSTER end up being on of the best pg in Tiger history.

#bookitdano
12-21-2014 12:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerBo Offline
All American

(12-21-2014 12:00 PM)thagr82008 Wrote:  
I don't get the complaints about Pookie, he never played a minute of D1 ball up until this year and within 10 games, he looks like he's adjusting finely to the game and is going to be a stud. Probably is going to be one of our best pg in a long line of outstanding PGs in Tiger history

^ That is all !!!!! Pookie will be the best Point guard in Memphis Tiger History!!!

Pookie is incredible!!!! He Damanier; Markel are going to destroy all opposition over the next few years...I just hope Josh will get out of their way and someone continues to work with these guards to get the best out of them!!!

he may finish number 2 in the history! But I'm thinking Pookie plays 4 years and rewrites history!!!! He has already shown flashes in a very short time resembling flashes of every guard (point, that is) to ever dawn a Memphis uniform.... I'm not going to speak on Kedren being in his way the first few games, I'm am just glad he stayed and it has lit a fire under him!

From one Pookie to another you're the most amazing guard I have seen Out side of Shabazz & Penny Keep working hard and I will watch and support every game...Thanks for being a TIGER!!!!!

Pookie has shown progress against much inferior competition over the last couple weeks, and that's just what he needed. He will be a very serviceable PG in time.
12-21-2014 12:28 PM
stratecashomie Offline
Feelin' Blue

He's classified as a freshman right?
12-21-2014 12:49 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

His classification is confusing.

It would be nice to know exactly.
12-21-2014 12:52 PM
tigeriron Offline
All American

I Root For: ban negativity
I could live with that
12-21-2014 12:58 PM
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
POOKIE.......
Pookie has been a big bright spot that we can all agree on.
12-21-2014 01:56 PM
Advertisement

snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I loved that coast to coast thing he did at the end of the half yesterday.
12-21-2014 01:59 PM
Rob
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
All I asked for early in the season is for Josh to stick with guys and let them get consistent minutes. Not sure why this is something Josh had to learn but I'm glad he's doing it now. I've been excited about Pookie since high school and I think he can be a really good college player. I question whether Josh knows how to get the most out of him but I guess we'll see.
12-21-2014 02:19 PM
Quote this message in a reply
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I am sure it is very upsetting to some posters on here to see Pookie doing well. But, he is a work in progress and so far, has be able to provide noticable improvement.
12-21-2014 02:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rob
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(12-21-2014 02:21 PM)DallasTiger Wrote:  I am sure it is very upsetting to some posters on here to see Pookie doing well. But, he is a work in progress and so far, has be able to provide noticable improvement.

Really? This board is getting really dumb.
12-21-2014 02:24 PM
Quote this message in a reply
450bench Offline

(12-21-2014 02:21 PM)DallasTiger Wrote:  I am sure it is very upsetting to some posters on here to see Pookie doing well. But, he is a work in progress and so far, has be able to provide noticable improvement.

Total BS. Some of us have been indicating that Powell is the freaking point guard and couldn't figure out how this coaching staff couldn't figure that out for themselves. I mean, they were starting Markel there who is a guy who has never ever played the position in his life. Now, since Powell is getting time, he's playing really well and has established that he indeed is the point guard.
Before he's done he's going to be really, really good fitting right in with the legacy of tremendous point guards here. He's ultra smooth and does many many things well. Vicious crossover and his defense is improving daily. Watch how fast he gets the offense into their set without over-dribbling.
12-21-2014 02:52 PM
Advertisement

Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-21-2014 12:49 PM)stratecashomie Wrote:  He's classified asif he a freshman right?

Actually as a partial qualifier, he currently a soph but will get an extra year if he stays on course to graduate, meaning he gets a 5th year to have 4 years of eligibility.
12-21-2014 02:53 PM
Chi-Town Offline
Perpetually Optimistic

(12-21-2014 02:52 PM)450bench Wrote:  

Total BS. Some of us have been indicating that Powell is the freaking point guard and couldn't figure out how this coaching staff couldn't figure that out for themselves. I mean, they were starting Markel there who is a guy who has never ever played the position in his life. Now, since Powell is getting time, he's playing really well and has established that he indeed is the point guard.
Before he's done he's going to be really, really good fitting right in with the legacy of tremendous point guards here. He's ultra smooth and does many many things well. Vicious crossover and his defense is improving daily. Watch how fast he gets the offense into their set without over-dribbling.

Aren't you the guy that constantly derided the staff because we took Pookie over Chiozza? I'm not saying that was a good/bad decision, but it is certainly looking like Coach knew what he was doing.

Maybe he should visit this message board more often so people like you can "indicate" what the staff should or should not be doing?

Everybody is an expert after the fact.
12-21-2014 06:15 PM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
Re: RE: POOKIE.......

+BIGXII spot on! Pookie is an absolute BEAST! His game is going to raise exponentially over the next two years! That is, if, you know who doesn't stunt his growth :exclamation:

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2014 08:45 PM by thagr82008.)
12-21-2014 06:46 PM
450bench Offline

(12-21-2014 06:15 PM)Chi-Town Wrote:  

Aren't you the guy that constantly derided the staff because we took Pookie over Chiozza? I'm not saying that was a good/bad decision, but it is certainly looking like Coach knew what he was doing.

Maybe he should visit this message board more often so people like you can "indicate" what the staff should or should not be doing?

Everybody is an expert after the fact.

WTF? You got the wrong guy there, chief. Check your facts before posting this crap. I've been on board with Powell since we signed him. Again, look stuff up before saying garbage like this.

Geez us h....what the f is wrong with people? Go back and look stuff up. I've never, ever said anything here about Chiozza. Ever. And to top it off, his dad is a friend of mine.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2014 08:40 PM by 450bench.)
12-21-2014 08:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.