Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AstAte beats Mississippi State in Men's BB
Bookmark and Share
JSinLR Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
AstAte beats Mississippi State in Men's BB
Nice win for the wolves against an SEC foe that was favored by double digits over us. Maybe the Red Wolves are starting to find their groove. We've really struggled up to this point. MSU is no world beater but still 69-55 is not too shabby.
12-18-2014 06:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
RE: AstAte beats Mississippi State in Men's BB
Congrats on the win stAte!
12-18-2014 07:33 PM
Scrotumus Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS
Very nice win!!!!!!
12-18-2014 08:54 PM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
Outstanding 04-cheers
12-18-2014 09:09 PM
epiccajun Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL
Nice Win!
12-18-2014 10:23 PM
StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
Nicely done.
12-19-2014 11:45 AM
Advertisement

NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
sweet!
12-19-2014 11:52 AM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
Nice, good win and good RPI boost... Lord knows we need it
12-19-2014 11:55 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
I was keeping a eye on that score and thinking...

worse news possible if you are a ASU basketball fan! Probably gets John Brady another 2 years :)

As for the RPI boost, nope, it's not much of a help at all and most likely will be a 8 to 10 win season for Miss St. The RPI only cares about wins and losses when it comes to the teams on our schedules
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2014 12:06 PM by WKUYG.)
12-19-2014 11:57 AM
theultimateaggie Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NMSU
good win!
12-19-2014 12:10 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(12-19-2014 11:57 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  I was keeping a eye on that score and thinking...

worse news possible if you are a ASU basketball fan! Probably gets John Brady another 2 years :)

As for the RPI boost, nope, it's not much of a help at all and most likely will be a 8 to 10 win season for Miss St. The RPI only cares about wins and losses when it comes to the teams on our schedules

Its rare that I agree with you, but I do here. The biggest value of that win was that it was on television, and our players might actually convince themselves that Miss State is decent, when they are not.

Overall it means zilch to RPI, and its still the worst team in the SBC.
12-19-2014 12:26 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(12-19-2014 11:57 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  I was keeping a eye on that score and thinking...

It will be a small boost for RPI once Miss St enters SEC play but it is no big whoop.

This a dangerous situation for AState. For more than two decades we were among the top third of the nation in hoops attendance. Never great but we could get to 80-150 every year in the RPI, had some nice NIT appearances, split two league titles but only had one year where we were an actual at-large threat.

Now the hoops program looks like Atlanta... as portrayed in the Walking Dead.

I'm agnostic, I don't care who the coach is, deliver results without getting in the NCAA jail house and without taking too many conduct and academic chances I'm fine if the results are there.

Most people aren't like me. They are sick of Brady and I told our AD last night the biggest problem I have with John is that when he was hired he was asking why couldn't AState be VCU or Butler running to the Final Four. Last year at the final press conference of the season he pointed to the win total and noted it was the best two year in X many years and they had as much success as anyone else. My thought was "We fired all the guys having as much success as you are eventually." I told Terry, I'm not interested in doing OK, I want someone who sets a higher bar.

My wife loves basketball and was passionate about playing the game. In the Dickey era I got to where I hated going to games because she complained all game about the poor fundamentals, one of her lines was "If they are too tired to put their arms up on defense put someone in who is in shape."

I like basketball and to be honest, I figured this year was the Brady farewell tour. The Toledo game caught my interest. Red Wolves stunk up the final 5 of each half but otherwise were good, wondered at the time if Brady's hodge-podge was jelling. Miss State seems to indicate that they are.

Next five games will tell a lot. Marshall at home Saturday then at Niagra and at USA followed by what will be a very light crowd on Dec 3 for App (hardcores will be in Mobile) then a road trip to ULM. That will let us know if Miss St was "any given night" or "two bad teams" or Brady's band of newcomers are actually coming together.
12-19-2014 01:32 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(12-19-2014 01:32 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  

It will be a small boost for RPI once Miss St enters SEC play but it is no big whoop.

This a dangerous situation for AState. For more than two decades we were among the top third of the nation in hoops attendance. Never great but we could get to 80-150 every year in the RPI, had some nice NIT appearances, split two league titles but only had one year where we were an actual at-large threat.

Now the hoops program looks like Atlanta... as portrayed in the Walking Dead.

I'm agnostic, I don't care who the coach is, deliver results without getting in the NCAA jail house and without taking too many conduct and academic chances I'm fine if the results are there.

Most people aren't like me. They are sick of Brady and I told our AD last night the biggest problem I have with John is that when he was hired he was asking why couldn't AState be VCU or Butler running to the Final Four. Last year at the final press conference of the season he pointed to the win total and noted it was the best two year in X many years and they had as much success as anyone else. My thought was "We fired all the guys having as much success as you are eventually." I told Terry, I'm not interested in doing OK, I want someone who sets a higher bar.

My wife loves basketball and was passionate about playing the game. In the Dickey era I got to where I hated going to games because she complained all game about the poor fundamentals, one of her lines was "If they are too tired to put their arms up on defense put someone in who is in shape."

I like basketball and to be honest, I figured this year was the Brady farewell tour. The Toledo game caught my interest. Red Wolves stunk up the final 5 of each half but otherwise were good, wondered at the time if Brady's hodge-podge was jelling. Miss State seems to indicate that they are.

Next five games will tell a lot. Marshall at home Saturday then at Niagra and at USA followed by what will be a very light crowd on Dec 3 for App (hardcores will be in Mobile) then a road trip to ULM. That will let us know if Miss St was "any given night" or "two bad teams" or Brady's band of newcomers are actually coming together.

Pretty much. The pressure on this coaching staff to figure out how to get this team to gel is the highest its ever been.

We saw Wednesday Night that we at least have some talent...now we have to figure out how to use it to win games.
12-19-2014 02:04 PM
APPrising Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(12-19-2014 12:26 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Its rare that I agree with you, but I do here. The biggest value of that win was that it was on television, and our players might actually convince themselves that Miss State is decent, when they are not.

You do realize we were 9-21 last year and 5-11 in the Southern Conference. That includes losses to Campbell and Presbyterian. I think we might give you a run for your money. We have a new coach and will be better by default as you couldn't really call Capel a coach at all, but he's got his work cut out.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2014 02:57 PM by APPrising.)
12-19-2014 02:56 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(12-19-2014 02:56 PM)APPrising Wrote:  

You do realize we were 9-21 last year and 5-11 in the Southern Conference. That includes losses to Campbell and Presbyterian. I think we might give you a run for your money. We have a new coach and will be better by default as you couldn't really call Capel a coach at all, but he's got his work cut out.

I meant to type SEC. Mississippi State is the worst team in the SEC. I typed SBC out of habit.
12-19-2014 03:05 PM
APPrising Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(12-19-2014 03:05 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

I meant to type SEC. Mississippi State is the worst team in the SEC. I typed SBC out of habit.

so you probably agree that you are better than us...
12-19-2014 03:13 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(12-19-2014 03:13 PM)APPrising Wrote:  
(12-19-2014 03:05 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

so you probably agree that you are better than us...

I don't know. You have more D1 wins than we do.
12-19-2014 03:22 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte

Bad as I hate to say this that is actually one of the first things I thought of. I really hope our AD is as smart as we say he is and can recognize the wreck the BB program is.
12-19-2014 04:45 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
Ark State must be picking up their game. I saw some of it, and they looked really good.
12-20-2014 09:29 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(12-19-2014 04:45 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  

Bad as I hate to say this that is actually one of the first things I thought of. I really hope our AD is as smart as we say he is and can recognize the wreck the BB program is.

John Brady is a Final Four coach. I think the Red Woofs need to sign him to an extension right now. He deserves at least a 2 year contract so he can tell all potential recruits he'll be there for their entire career.

Final Four coach. SBC Tourney Semi-finalist Monster. Show him some love.
12-21-2014 04:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.