Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Matt Campbell expects to be with UT next year
Bookmark and Share
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Hadn't seen this posted, from a couple of days ago...

http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/457..._id=878183
12-17-2014 12:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

RE: Matt Campbell expects to be with UT next year
"expects"

12-17-2014 12:57 PM
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
(12-17-2014 12:57 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  "expects"

The Blah/BCSN writer uses the word "expects" not Campbell.
12-17-2014 02:05 PM
TampaRocket Offline
Heisman

I'd be really surprised to see him going anywhere...although, I felt the same with Beckman.
12-17-2014 02:10 PM
rocketinchitown Offline
1st String

I also think the Beckman move might have made an impression on Campbell, or at least I hope?

took Beckman 3 years to get to .500 at Illinois. And he's been on the hot seat for a while.

Not exactly worth it.

(12-17-2014 02:10 PM)TampaRocket Wrote:  I'd be really surprised to see him going anywhere...although, I felt the same with Beckman.
12-17-2014 02:14 PM
Advertisement

owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich
(12-17-2014 02:14 PM)rocketinchitown Wrote:  I also think the Beckman move might have made an impression on Campbell, or at least I hope?

took Beckman 3 years to get to .500 at Illinois. And he's been on the hot seat for a while.

Not exactly worth it.

(12-17-2014 02:10 PM)TampaRocket Wrote:  I'd be really surprised to see him going anywhere...although, I felt the same with Beckman.

The impression I would assume it has made is, TAKE THE HIGHER PAY THE MOMENT IT IS IN FRONT OF YOU AND RUN, because that hotseat could be on him at UT after a couple sub .500 seasons and no golden parachute.
12-18-2014 09:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BDV27 Offline
1st String

(12-18-2014 09:56 PM)owen Wrote:  
(12-17-2014 02:14 PM)rocketinchitown Wrote:  I also think the Beckman move might have made an impression on Campbell, or at least I hope?

Not exactly worth it.

The impression I would assume it has made is, TAKE THE HIGHER PAY THE MOMENT IT IS IN FRONT OF YOU AND RUN, because that hotseat could be on him at UT after a couple sub .500 seasons and no golden parachute.

Tampa, Kind of hope Campbell gets another gig. Would love to see Eberflus or Kuligowski come in here. Not sure we would be able to pay them though
12-20-2014 01:02 PM
TampaRocket Offline
Heisman

(12-20-2014 01:02 PM)BDV27 Wrote:  

Not exactly worth it.

Tampa, Kind of hope Campbell gets another gig. Would love to see Eberflus or Kuligowski come in here. Not sure we would be able to pay them though

Was thinking the same thing, although I imagine Eber is pretty entrenched in the pro game now. Would be nice to have another ex Rocket come back someday to lead the team.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014 04:49 PM by TampaRocket.)
12-20-2014 04:49 PM
FrickerRon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
(12-20-2014 04:49 PM)TampaRocket Wrote:  
(12-20-2014 01:02 PM)BDV27 Wrote:  

Not exactly worth it.

Was thinking the same thing, although I imagine Eber is pretty entrenched in the pro game now. Would be nice to have another ex Rocket come back someday to lead the team.
We don't need another ex-rocket to come in and run the football team, we already had one. Campbell is a very good coach. I hope we have him for another 5 yrs. He will move on, but not right now.
12-21-2014 08:02 PM
Advertisement

T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(12-21-2014 08:02 PM)FrickerRon Wrote:  We don't need another ex-rocket to come in and run the football team, we already had one. Campbell is a very good coach. I hope we have him for another 5 yrs. He will move on, but not right now.

Actually we have had at least two-----maybe more------but two since I started following the Rockets.
12-21-2014 08:29 PM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

The way he recruits he will eventually win a title here and then leave but he can coach here as long as he wants to as far as I am concerned when he leaves I want the best young recruiter we can get because the young guys will stay here a little longer. The Mac will be a stepping stone up the ladder probably all my lifetime.
12-21-2014 08:49 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
Rich Walsh KDKA @RichieWals Wrote:Toledo's Matt Campbell expected to talk to Pitt this week about the head coaching vacancy.

And the moronic, stupid, not-funny Not Matt Campbell responded with...

Ya Boy Matt Campbell @NotMattCampbell Wrote:When did the Steelers fire Tomlin?! RT @RichieWalsh: Matt Campbell expected to talk to Pitt this week about the head coaching vacancy.
12-21-2014 11:23 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-21-2014 11:23 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  
Rich Walsh KDKA @RichieWals Wrote:Toledo's Matt Campbell expected to talk to Pitt this week about the head coaching vacancy.

Ya Boy Matt Campbell @NotMattCampbell Wrote:When did the Steelers fire Tomlin?! RT @RichieWalsh: Matt Campbell expected to talk to Pitt this week about the head coaching vacancy.

don't get it.

03-razz

Taking it kind of personal aren't you? I take it you're that ya boy guy? Or is it called not matt campbell? Or both? Think positively, all this discussion is branding you. You'll be a google hit!
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2014 07:06 AM by eastisbest.)
12-22-2014 07:02 AM
Advertisement

MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(12-22-2014 07:02 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  

don't get it.

03-razz

Taking it kind of personal aren't you? I take it you're that ya boy guy? Or is it called not matt campbell? Or both? Think positively, all this discussion is branding you. You'll be a google hit!

So agreeing with you is taking it personal?

And I wish I was as (un)funny as him.
12-22-2014 08:04 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-22-2014 08:04 AM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  
(12-22-2014 07:02 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  

don't get it.

03-razz

So agreeing with you is taking it personal?

And I wish I was as (un)funny as him.

Depends upon your reasons I suppose and don't underestimate yourself. You're young. You have a future. You can be as (un)funny as you want to be. I'll not be able to figure out which one you're being but that's on me.

So if Matt Campbell leaves, who gets custody of ya boy? The children, they always get caught in the middle.
12-22-2014 01:40 PM
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets

2 Reasons I don't see it:
1. Campbell signed a contract extension
2. Campbell went to play for Pitt as a Freshmen and HATED it. He then transferred to Mt. Union to play out his college career.
12-22-2014 02:33 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Aah, so that's the story behind the humor. Makes more sense now, though not sure why he'd hate Pitt.
12-22-2014 03:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.