Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Orlando Sentinel: UCF football reloaded headed into 2015 season
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/uc...tml#page=1

(The mobile version on the OS is kind of buggy, recommend a desktop view)

The beat writer goes through each position group and debates reloading or rebuilding. Highlighting key members who are returning for 2015. Bellow are a couple interesting nuggets I pulled out.

"Yes, Perriman is a junior but I'm predicting the NFL's call will be too strong for him to return next season."
Officially, Perriman hasn't made a comment on going to the NFL. Most assume he's leaving and for good reason. Kid will likely get a Combine invite and drafted. If he comes back he would be the UCF poster-boy for next season. My personal belief is that he's already 90% out the door.

"The good news is sophomore cornerback Jacoby Glenn is returning. He was named the conference co-defensive player of the year after leading the league and ranking among the nation's leaders with seven interceptions."
Glenn is a R.Soph so academically he's a Junior. It seems like the author is pretty confident in her statement. So maybe he has expressed to he that he will be here for 2015. My only worry is that he's still focused on the team and bowl game. It's not till after the bowl that you see kids sway on their decision because the vultures have whispered in their ears. So I dunno, I put him at 60% chance of returning.
12-12-2014 12:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
RE: Orlando Sentinel: UCF football reloaded headed into 2015 season
(12-12-2014 12:51 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/uc...tml#page=1

The beat writer goes through each position group and debates reloading or rebuilding. Highlighting key members who are returning for 2015. Bellow are a couple interesting nuggets I pulled out.

"Yes, Perriman is a junior but I'm predicting the NFL's call will be too strong for him to return next season."
Officially, Perriman hasn't made a comment on going to the NFL. Most assume he's leaving and for good reason. Kid will likely get a Combine invite and drafted. If he comes back he would be the UCF poster-boy for next season. My personal belief is that he's already 90% out the door.

"The good news is sophomore cornerback Jacoby Glenn is returning. He was named the conference co-defensive player of the year after leading the league and ranking among the nation's leaders with seven interceptions."
Glenn is a R.Soph so academically he's a Junior. It seems like the author is pretty confident in her statement. So maybe he has expressed to he that he will be here for 2015. My only worry is that he's still focused on the team and bowl game. It's not till after the bowl that you see kids sway on their decision because the vultures have whispered in their ears. So I dunno, I put him at 60% chance of returning.

I think Chris Williams and Tre Neal are going to have to play wide reciever next year. Any word on Mike Rogers? We could use him on Defense. Hopefully the O-line gets healthy. We probably had too much weight training last off season, lots of injurys after all of those records were broken in the gym.
12-12-2014 01:21 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
And they don't have to play in East Hartford.
12-12-2014 07:35 PM
Knightbengal Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
I don't think Mike passed based on his tweets
12-12-2014 09:24 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(12-12-2014 12:51 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/uc...tml#page=1

Perriman should go back to UCF...do the DeVante Parker/Jaelon Strong model and improve his draft stock more...because right now as far as WR goes in this draft it is Cooper, Parker, White and Strong in that order....Perriman comes back for his Sr. Year he goes from a 2nd Rounder to maybe a Top 10 to 15 Overall Pick...07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2014 06:24 AM by Maize.)
12-13-2014 05:11 AM
Tigermaniac Offline
BBB Enthusiast

I Root For: Memphis/Army
(12-13-2014 05:11 AM)Maize Wrote:  

Perriman should go back to UCF...do the DeVante Parker/Jaelon Strong model and improve his draft stock more...because right now as far as WR goes in this draft it is Cooper, Parker, White and Strong in that order....Perriman comes back for his Sr. Year he goes from a 2nd Rounder to maybe a Top 10 to 15 Overall Pick...07-coffee3

Perriman is going to go higher than you think.

Power 5 Biased aside Perriman is one of the top 2 WR's in college football. Scouts see it... 07-coffee3
12-13-2014 12:11 PM
Advertisement

Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(12-13-2014 12:11 PM)Tigermaniac Wrote:  

Power 5 Biased aside Perriman is one of the top 2 WR's in college football. Scouts see it... 07-coffee3

Agree
12-13-2014 12:12 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Just remember, Maize was the guy who was sure that Bortles would be the 4th QB drafted last year.
12-13-2014 12:14 PM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
I like Perriman as a back but is he really head and shoulders above Storm? People had him penciled in as a mid level draft stock and we know what happened.

There just too many of these kids who get bad advice and destroy their long term chances. Not that I will miss Perriman, but I tend to believe coming back another year is far and away his best option.
12-13-2014 12:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(12-13-2014 12:19 PM)mtmedlin Wrote:  I like Perriman as a back but is he really head and shoulders above Storm? People had him penciled in as a mid level draft stock and we know what happened.

There just too many of these kids who get bad advice and destroy their long term chances. Not that I will miss Perriman, but I tend to believe coming back another year is far and away his best option.

Perriman is a WR, not a RB.

Thanks for trying.
12-13-2014 12:23 PM
mtmedlin Offline

(12-13-2014 12:23 PM)The Knight Time Wrote:  
(12-13-2014 12:19 PM)mtmedlin Wrote:  I like Perriman as a back but is he really head and shoulders above Storm? People had him penciled in as a mid level draft stock and we know what happened.

Thanks for trying.

Then who the hell am I thinking of? ....Stanback. Damn I need some more head cold meds.

Thats why I was thrown. I am like stanback is solid, but going pro???

Headed back to bed.
12-13-2014 12:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

knightastic Offline
1st String

(12-13-2014 12:27 PM)mtmedlin Wrote:  
(12-13-2014 12:23 PM)The Knight Time Wrote:  

Thanks for trying.

Then who the hell am I thinking of? ....Stanback. Damn I need some more head cold meds.

Thats why I was thrown. I am like stanback is solid, but going pro???

Headed back to bed.

Stanback was the perfect #2 complimentary back. He is not a better RB than Storm who had home run speed.

Stanback might break the UCF starting RB NFL draft streak. Kevin Smith, Latavius Murray, and Storm Johnson...in my opinion Murray is the best back out of the 3
12-13-2014 01:13 PM
mtmedlin Offline

Hes a damn good back but I was like "what the hell is he thinking. If Storm didnt get drafted why would he?".

Unfortunately, working with kids with autism, they dont have the social graces of not sneezing on you or wiping snot on you... so I stay sick fairly regularly. Way too much nyquil.

Hows your guy that tore his ACL? I remember he was a massive pain last year but didnt play this year.
12-13-2014 01:31 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

No...not st all for the simple reason last year i thought if Houston didn't take a QB with the first pick they should have went with Khalil Mack instead of Clowney.

I like Perriman a lot but I see him with the same situation that was with our guy DeVante Parker.and Arizona State Jaelon Strong..if they would have came out last year they would have been at best a high 2nd Rounders...now Parker is considered right with Cooper as the best WR in this coming draft and Strong is considered a solid 1st Rounder as well and both made the right decisions to come back...I see Perriman the same way...2016 barring Injury a high 1st Rounder...I am not discounting his talent at all...saw it for myself...04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2014 02:29 PM by Maize.)
12-13-2014 01:37 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-13-2014 12:14 PM)The Knight Time Wrote:  Just remember, Maize was the guy who was sure that Bortles would be the 4th QB drafted last year.

Actually...I did not at the end...for myself it was Bridgewater and Bortles as the best 2 QB Last year....got into message board arguments with Quo over those two against his guy Zach Mettenberger....check my post on Bortles and I always like him over Manziel, Carr and Mettenberger....was sold after October 19 and took some heat for it from some of my Cardinal Buddies..
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2014 01:57 PM by Maize.)
12-13-2014 01:45 PM
knightastic Offline
1st String

(12-13-2014 01:31 PM)mtmedlin Wrote:  Hes a damn good back but I was like "what the hell is he thinking. If Storm didnt get drafted why would he?".

Unfortunately, working with kids with autism, they dont have the social graces of not sneezing on you or wiping snot on you... so I stay sick fairly regularly. Way too much nyquil.

Hows your guy that tore his ACL? I remember he was a massive pain last year but didnt play this year.

Storm was drafted in the 7th round.

JJ Worton had his surgery for his torn ACL a few days ago. He had a chance of getting drafted in the late rounds but that's a longshot now. I still think he ends up on a roster, probably someone with GOL ties like the Texans
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2014 01:45 PM by knightastic.)
12-13-2014 01:45 PM
Advertisement

Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
(12-13-2014 01:37 PM)Maize Wrote:  

No...not st all for the simple reason last year i thought if Houston didn't take a QB with the first pick they should have went with Khalil Mack instead of Clowney.

I like Perriman a lot but I see him with the same situation that was with our guy DeVante Parker.and Arizona State Jaelon Strong..if they would have came out last year they would have been at best a high 2nd Rounders...now Parker is considered right with Cooper as the best WR in this coming draft and Strong is considered a solid 1st Rounder as well and both made the right decisions to come back...I see Perriman the same way...2016 barring Injury a high 1st Rounder...I am not discounting his talent at all...saw it for myself...04-cheers

I agree that Perriman could drastically improve his draft stock by staying another year. Plus we still need him at UCF. 04-cheers
12-13-2014 06:55 PM
Golden Jedi Knight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(12-13-2014 01:31 PM)mtmedlin Wrote:  Hes a damn good back but I was like "what the hell is he thinking. If Storm didnt get drafted why would he?".

Huh? Storm DID get drafted. Cut back on the Nyquil, man. 03-lmfao

Quote:Unfortunately, working with kids with autism, they dont have the social graces of not sneezing on you or wiping snot on you... so I stay sick fairly regularly. Way too much nyquil.

You're working in a great field. Thanks for what you do. People who work with kids with disabilities get underappreciated a lot.

Quote:Hows your guy that tore his ACL? I remember he was a massive pain last year but didnt play this year.

Worton was having a solid senior season for us until the ACL tear in the SMU game just a week before we played your Bulls. Once the ACL heals, he's expected to contend for a spot on an NFL roster. Don't know if he'll be drafted, but he's made a lot of other impressive catches besides that one in the Temple game in 2013. He's a tough player.
12-14-2014 06:51 AM
mtmedlin Offline

(12-14-2014 06:51 AM)Golden Jedi Knight Wrote:  

Quote:Unfortunately, working with kids with autism, they dont have the social graces of not sneezing on you or wiping snot on you... so I stay sick fairly regularly. Way too much nyquil.

You're working in a great field. Thanks for what you do. People who work with kids with disabilities get underappreciated a lot.

Quote:Hows your guy that tore his ACL? I remember he was a massive pain last year but didnt play this year.

Worton was having a solid senior season for us until the ACL tear in the SMU game just a week before we played your Bulls. Once the ACL heals, he's expected to contend for a spot on an NFL roster. Don't know if he'll be drafted, but he's made a lot of other impressive catches besides that one in the Temple game in 2013. He's a tough player.

Niqual intake is actually up... so If I post lyrics from any 1970s Beatles songs, forgive me... and thanks. I love what I do, more then anything.

I feel for Worton. Its really heartbreaking when things like that happen. I had a scholarship in soccer to many top universities until I tore my ACL. Even though hes a knight, I do hope hes able to return. Nothing worse then having "I wish I had..." in your lives.
12-14-2014 11:19 AM
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
(12-14-2014 11:19 AM)mtmedlin Wrote:  
(12-14-2014 06:51 AM)Golden Jedi Knight Wrote:  

Niqual intake is actually up... so If I post lyrics from any 1970s Beatles songs, forgive me... and thanks. I love what I do, more then anything.

I feel for Worton. Its really heartbreaking when things like that happen. I had a scholarship in soccer to many top universities until I tore my ACL. Even though hes a knight, I do hope hes able to return. Nothing worse then having "I wish I had..." in your lives.

Helping kids with disabilities is cool in my book. Respect.
12-14-2014 04:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.