Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Looks like spring cleaning has begun at usf
Knightbengal Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
According to multiple sources, Bulls247.com has learned that USF has fired offensive coordinator Paul Wulff, defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan and defensive backs coach Ron Cooper.
12-07-2014 11:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
RE: Looks like spring cleaning has begun at usf
Off the bus....Taggart not far behind.
12-07-2014 11:08 PM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
Its not confirmed yet, but I wouldnt doubt it. USF needs to increase their budget and hire better experience. Bresnahan was an NFL coach and I dont think he was a good fit. Wulf... well he was the most predicatble play caller on the planet. I hoping its true. I still believe in Taggart and the system he wants to run. Its very effective once its properly in place. There are a ton of good coordinators available right now... USF needs to jump on a few.
12-07-2014 11:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-07-2014 11:06 PM)Knightbengal Wrote:  According to multiple sources, Bulls247.com has learned that USF has fired offensive coordinator Paul Wulff, defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan and defensive backs coach Ron Cooper.
I don't think the DC should have been fired. USF has a good year on defense. The OC was awful. I hope Taggert survives...he is one of the good guys.
12-07-2014 11:56 PM
Knightbengal Offline
All American

(12-07-2014 11:56 PM)No Bull Wrote:  
(12-07-2014 11:06 PM)Knightbengal Wrote:  According to multiple sources, Bulls247.com has learned that USF has fired offensive coordinator Paul Wulff, defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan and defensive backs coach Ron Cooper.
I don't think the DC should have been fired. USF has a good year on defense. The OC was awful. I hope Taggert survives...he is one of the good guys.

I agree. But the hell no comment? #smh. Hopefully it doesn't set the bulls back another year with new coordinators.
12-08-2014 12:25 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
i think taggart needs to fire himself from OC....
12-08-2014 12:26 AM
Advertisement

Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Not surprised if the OC was gone and there had to be changes. The DC should had been given more time
As for Taggart he will need a bowl next year
Our new AD has made it clear that coaches need to win to stay around. I agree
12-08-2014 06:00 AM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
Always tough to see folks like their jobs right before XMAS...but it's a business.

Taggart is on a super short leash next year if he doesn't have a good year, see Tony Levine.
12-08-2014 07:07 AM
St. H. Gink Offline
All American

I Root For: CollegeFootball
Odd considering CWT just said it's a process and they're moving in the right direction, improving from 2 wins last year to 4 wins this year. One would think they'd be bowl eligible next year but now they'll have to re-learn new playbooks with a new staff.

Sounds more like a scapegoat move to save Taggart.
12-08-2014 07:23 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

Imagine if USF had an offense that moved the chains, SCORED pts and had a lot of time of possession....no doubt USF's D would have played even better (defensive stats would have looked a lot better).

This looks like a panic move by Willie who just has to fire multiple people to give the perception that its not his fault but those that he is firing.
12-08-2014 07:25 AM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
(12-08-2014 07:25 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  

Imagine if USF had an offense that moved the chains, SCORED pts and had a lot of time of possession....no doubt USF's D would have played even better (defensive stats would have looked a lot better).

This looks like a panic move by Willie who just has to fire multiple people to give the perception that its not his fault but those that he is firing.

Sadly I agree. Taggart is on an extremely short leash this year and absolutely must win 6+ games or he's TOAST. Willie knows this and is making moves in order to try to buy more time. Thing is, if they go back to the spread, as some suggest, USF is back to square one learning a new system.
12-08-2014 10:14 AM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

A Major question here...so 3rd OC in 3 years
a coach likely to be fired next year

what kind of OC/DC can you really get, knowing you could be fired in 1 year from either the school or the coach...
12-08-2014 10:15 AM
ECBrad Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
UAB's OC is looking for a job.
12-08-2014 10:17 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
(12-08-2014 07:25 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  

Imagine if USF had a fan base.

FIFY.
12-08-2014 10:26 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

(12-08-2014 10:15 AM)pesik Wrote:  A Major question here...so 3rd OC in 3 years

what kind of OC/DC can you really get, knowing you could be fired in 1 year from either the school or the coach...

Since so many assistant coaches jump from job to job, year to year, no doubt there will be plenty suitors that want to be PAID as a Coordinator, even if for one season.

Best though to tell any new USF Assistant Coach, best to RENT (not buy) in the area.
12-08-2014 10:57 AM
MedKnight Offline
2nd String

Much needed move by USF, but how are they affording to pay all these coaches?
12-08-2014 11:55 AM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

(12-08-2014 10:57 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  
(12-08-2014 10:15 AM)pesik Wrote:  A Major question here...so 3rd OC in 3 years

Since so many assistant coaches jump from job to job, year to year, no doubt there will be plenty suitors that want to be PAID as a Coordinator, even if for one season.

Best though to tell any new USF Assistant Coach, best to RENT (not buy) in the area.

i get they can find someone ..im talking about quality ..why would a good proven oc come?
12-08-2014 11:59 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

Why was the DC fired?
12-08-2014 12:17 PM
SMUmustangs Offline
All American

I Root For:
Typical...... fire the assistnants....that always buys the head coach another year
12-08-2014 12:22 PM
chrisiskingx Offline
Special Teams

Taggart was a promising hire. It's just...there wasn't a mildly decent QB on the roster. It's unfortunate. He is definitely a solid recruiter, if he gets fired, those kids will look else where guaranteed.
12-08-2014 12:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.