Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ECU UCF
wbrady11 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ECU
ECU UCF
I have to say good game to UCF. They played us tough.
12-05-2014 10:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SublimeKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
RE: ECU UCF
I was hoping someone would start a thread so we could talk about that game. I didn't want to be the first.
12-05-2014 10:42 AM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
I really wish ECU fans were able to enjoy the feeling I feel right now about that game.

GREAT GREAT GAME.

Pirate Nation put on a great show last night for the fans and you guys can feel good about your role in the game.
12-05-2014 10:47 AM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Happy to have you in the AAC.
12-05-2014 10:48 AM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
How about that last touchdown from Carden to Hardy??

If there was ever a script to be written between those two to finish their careers at home, that would have been the IDEAL ending to two great careers.
12-05-2014 10:50 AM
coogrfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
(12-05-2014 10:47 AM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  Pirate Nation put on a great show last night for the fans and you guys can feel good about your role in the game.

Wow. That is some seriously condescending stuff right there. I'm fairly certain there isn't an ECU fan anywhere in America who feels anything other than anger and frustration over that ridiculous fold job in the final minute.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2014 10:55 AM by coogrfan.)
12-05-2014 10:54 AM
Advertisement

SublimeKnight Offline
All American

(12-05-2014 10:54 AM)coogrfan Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 10:47 AM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  Pirate Nation put on a great show last night for the fans and you guys can feel good about your role in the game.

Wow. That is some seriously condescending stuff right there.

That post in image format

[Image: Corbis-42-19685141.jpg?size=67&u...8698d2516c]
12-05-2014 10:56 AM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Wow. That is some seriously condescending stuff right there. I'm fairly certain there isn't an ECU fan anywhere in America who feels anything other than anger and frustration over that ridiculous fold job in the final minute.

I guess so, but it was said with nothing but love in my heart. It really was a compelling game to watch. That's all I'm saying. I don't think UCF is completely responsible for the drama in that game.
12-05-2014 10:58 AM
coogrfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
(12-05-2014 10:58 AM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  

I guess so, but it was said with nothing but love in my heart. It really was a compelling game to watch. That's all I'm saying. I don't think UCF is completely responsible for the drama in that game.

Fair enough.
12-05-2014 11:00 AM
Solidkjames Offline
Water Engineer

UCF has a legendary win that won them a conference title that quite possibly was the first time a team has EVER lost after getting in the victory formation. Our coaching staff has done a lot of good things but time management has been an issue the past 5 years. Two games this year we lost because of it. But for 5 years we've watched it happen over and over again. The fact that it isn't being acknowledged by our coaching staff that they cost us the game is the only frustrating part. Ruff said kicking a field goal was out of the question. We were on the 15 yard line, THE 15 YARD LINE. I personally have no faith in the coaching staff anymore and that is the only disappointing thing about the whole fiasco. Ruffin needs to get a grip on reality and realize he alone cost us that game. He should be the butt of all jokes and insults, he deserves them.
12-05-2014 01:58 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Congrats....We Ruff'd it.
12-06-2014 08:50 AM
Advertisement

KnightLight Offline
Legend

(12-05-2014 01:58 PM)Solidkjames Wrote:  UCF has a legendary win that won them a conference title that quite possibly was the first time a team has EVER lost after getting in the victory formation. Our coaching staff has done a lot of good things but time management has been an issue the past 5 years. Two games this year we lost because of it. But for 5 years we've watched it happen over and over again. The fact that it isn't being acknowledged by our coaching staff that they cost us the game is the only frustrating part. Ruff said kicking a field goal was out of the question. We were on the 15 yard line, THE 15 YARD LINE. I personally have no faith in the coaching staff anymore and that is the only disappointing thing about the whole fiasco. Ruffin needs to get a grip on reality and realize he alone cost us that game. He should be the butt of all jokes and insults, he deserves them.

It was surreal for sure.

Victory formation came about, mostly because of this play

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 11:14 AM by KnightLight.)
12-06-2014 11:13 AM
DowdyPirate Online
Heisman

(12-05-2014 10:47 AM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  I really wish ECU fans were able to enjoy the feeling I feel right now about that game.

GREAT GREAT GAME.

Pirate Nation put on a great show last night for the fans and you guys can feel good about your role in the game.

That was the cockiest, rudest, thing ever written
12-06-2014 11:25 AM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(12-06-2014 11:25 AM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 10:47 AM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  I really wish ECU fans were able to enjoy the feeling I feel right now about that game.

GREAT GREAT GAME.

That was the cockiest, rudest, thing ever written

My apologies.

It should be reworded to say that your team showed a lot of heart. I hated that someone had to lose.
12-06-2014 11:40 AM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

First half of that game even going into the 3rd quarter was some of the ugliest Football ECU has played all year. Shane Carden was having what could have been his worst game since Marshall last year. We made a ton of stupid mistakes and penalties to the tune of over 100yds which is frustrating to watch in the last game of the season. It was frustrating that we never established a running game.

With that said the 4th quarter was the ECU brand of Football that we have seen at times this year that can put up points against most anybody in the country including one of the best Defenses in the country in UCF. There were so many decisions at the end that left the fans confused. As one of the fans who did not bail on the team and walk out of the stadium before the 4th quarter even started I was excited to see that come back. You felt like the team wanted to win it for the fans who stuck with them and believed in them. It was pretty amazing how loud Ficklen got at times during he 4th quarter with less than 20k fans in it. When Carden connected to Hardy I thought I watched one of the most amazing come backs in ECU history and had also just watched ECU win a game against the best quality opponent of the year. When we started the Victory formation everybody in my section was in disbelief. Beyond belief that the way we had moved the ball the 4th quarter that we did not think we could pick up one lousy first down to seal the win or burn more clock by running and simply kick a chip shot FG that even Harvey could make if the line managed to just block.

As for the Hail Mary ? Not sure how that play is not treated like a situational play like the hands team on a on side kick. I would have put Justin Hardy, Cam Worthy and Isiah Jones back in the endzone. All three are used to judging balls coming in at a high angle. I like Justin Hardy's chances of going up and getting that ball before anybody on the field so it is amazing you put a Linebacker who never catches ball or sees them coming at that angle like a kick off or punt.

UCF threw a perfect pass and the receiver made a great catch for one hell of an ending. Unlike most of our uneducated fan base at ECU I realized that a win over UCF would have been our best win of the season over a program that has passed us on the Football Field. It was a crazy year where I experienced my most satisfying moment in Ficklen history watching ECU absolutely destroy UNC and in the same year watch the most frustrating defeat that I had ever experienced in Ficklen.
12-06-2014 12:10 PM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

Solid post shorebuc. It was pretty devastating for UCF fans to watch the team piss away the lead like that. It was insanely frustrating because our offense isn't that great and we just can't move the ball at times. We all knew that ECU can put points up in a hurry and in the fourth quarter exactly what I feared would happen happened. ECU is a good team and probably the best team we got a win over all season.
12-06-2014 12:34 PM
Advertisement

NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU
It was a great game where we owned the first half, ECU owned the second half, and ECU's streak was slightly greater than our own until the final play. Those missed field goals were killer for us until the hail mary.
12-06-2014 12:44 PM
Ned Low Offline
All American

Sure, I think that we need to be critical of the staff on this one... but his same staff also got us back in the game.

For God's sake, we are 8-4 and heading to a bowl game. Of course we were hoping for more but it's not like this team is a failure. Get a grip!

I'm a fan of Ruffin and Co. and we'll be right back in the thick of things again next year. We are building a program instead of a team... and we'll like where we are in a few years if I were to guess.

Good win, UCF. I still hate y'all... but good win.
12-06-2014 12:45 PM
NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU
(12-06-2014 12:45 PM)Ned Low Wrote:  Sure, I think that we need to be critical of the staff on this one... but his same staff also got us back in the game.

For God's sake, we are 8-4 and heading to a bowl game. Of course we were hoping for more but it's not like this team is a failure. Get a grip!

I'm a fan of Ruffin and Co. and we'll be right back in the thick of things again next year. We are building a program instead of a team... and we'll like where we are in a few years if I were to guess.

Good win, UCF. I still hate y'all... but good win.

I can call this game revenge for 2008 where GOL pretty much handed you guys the win on the fake punt deep in our own territory near the end of the game with a 3 point lead. You all went 3 and out and kicked a field goal to force OT, and we threw an INT on the first OT play.

Every series is going to have these kind of games, even if this one is a little bizarre as far as bizarre games go. Good luck in the bowl game.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 12:49 PM by NothingButKnight.)
12-06-2014 12:48 PM
TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB Football
(12-06-2014 11:13 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 01:58 PM)Solidkjames Wrote:  UCF has a legendary win that won them a conference title that quite possibly was the first time a team has EVER lost after getting in the victory formation. Our coaching staff has done a lot of good things but time management has been an issue the past 5 years. Two games this year we lost because of it. But for 5 years we've watched it happen over and over again. The fact that it isn't being acknowledged by our coaching staff that they cost us the game is the only frustrating part. Ruff said kicking a field goal was out of the question. We were on the 15 yard line, THE 15 YARD LINE. I personally have no faith in the coaching staff anymore and that is the only disappointing thing about the whole fiasco. Ruffin needs to get a grip on reality and realize he alone cost us that game. He should be the butt of all jokes and insults, he deserves them.

It was surreal for sure.

Victory formation came about, mostly because of this play

Lol great! So my favorite NFL team's failure is why the play exists and my favorite college team doesn't know when to use it. 03-banghead
12-06-2014 11:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.