Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congrats USA, Arkansas State, and ULL!
Bookmark and Share
Godzilla Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST
You guys had a great season and are going to kick ass in your bowls!

USA- Camellia Bowl
stAte- Go Daddy Bowl
ULL- New Orleans Bowl

Good Luck!
12-02-2014 10:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AstroCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
RE: Congrats USA, Arkansas State, and ULL!
Thanks! Hope they get you one too!
12-02-2014 10:48 PM
YouCanUseaMint Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Texas State
Agreed! Regardless of what happens with us, you know I'll be cheering you guys on from my living room! 04-cheers
12-02-2014 10:50 PM
TXST TLG8 Offline
Water Engineer

I guess I'm just a bad person... Lol. A lot of TXST fans are taking this better than me.

Personally I think that is is Total BS that stAte got picked over us. We beat them and finished strong. They lost and limped to the finish... With that said stAte fans are showing total class with their push on social media to support us.
12-02-2014 10:53 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
First one for us, excitement fills the Jag Nation. Tx St, hopefully something comes around, wish there were more bowl ties, and we have more this year then ever before, it does get better every year.
12-02-2014 10:54 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
SCREW ALL YOU GUYS!!!! I HATE YOU ALL!

No, we knew it was a tough go for us, so I'm glad to hear you guys are going bowling. Moreso for USA, since it's their first, then the Cajuns because if we don't go bowling, I'm getting a suite at the NOLA bowl (my bank is based in NOLA and they offered it to me) to watch it, and then stAte last because... well, I'm not really glad for you guys. Y'all have been there three years in a row!

No, still happy for all teams.
12-02-2014 10:55 PM
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(12-02-2014 10:46 PM)Godzilla Wrote:  You guys had a great season and are going to kick ass in your bowls!

USA- Camellia Bowl
stAte- Go Daddy Bowl
ULL- New Orleans Bowl

Good Luck!

Actually, we had a donkey-ball suckage type season but hey, I'll take it. I'm just glad that in 4 short years under Hud's management, we expect so much more of our team.

Good luck everyone in your bowl games....and that include you Texas State!!!!04-cheers
12-02-2014 10:57 PM
YouCanUseaMint Offline
2nd String

(12-02-2014 10:53 PM)TXST TLG8 Wrote:  I guess I'm just a bad person... Lol. A lot of TXST fans are taking this better than me.

Personally I think that is is Total BS that stAte got picked over us. We beat them and finished strong. They lost and limped to the finish... With that said stAte fans are showing total class with their push on social media to support us.

It's more of a systematic problem that I've accepted.

If anyone wants to know why we'd entertain an offer to another conference (CUSA - RIP UAB), this would be it.. I'm fine with being away from our G5 Texas bretheren because we can schedule OOC games - but another bowl further west would be nice to show commitment to the teams out here
12-02-2014 10:59 PM
JSinLR Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
(12-02-2014 10:59 PM)YouCanUseaMint Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 10:53 PM)TXST TLG8 Wrote:  I guess I'm just a bad person... Lol. A lot of TXST fans are taking this better than me.

If anyone wants to know why we'd entertain an offer to another conference (CUSA - RIP UAB), this would be it.. I'm fine with being away from our G5 Texas bretheren because we can schedule OOC games - but another bowl further west would be nice to show commitment to the teams out here

I hope Texas St lands something. No matter who got left out you could have argued against it...of course had App St and Ga So been eligible, AstAte, USA and Tx State would have all been left out. This year it was 9 teams fighting for 3 spots...Next year there will be 11 teams fighting for 4 spots...6-6 or 7-5 probably won't get you a bowl game...8-4 will be the minimum.
12-02-2014 11:09 PM
TXST TLG8 Offline
Water Engineer

(12-02-2014 10:59 PM)YouCanUseaMint Wrote:  

Exactly my point. Agreed
12-02-2014 11:09 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

Good luck to the three of you. Rep the Belt well. We all talk crap but in the end we rise as one.
12-02-2014 11:19 PM
Advertisement

WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

While stAte literally limped to the finish with injures, we managed to set a Sun Belt record with 764 yards total offense in a 68-35 win over NMSU in the finale.

The notion that teams get picked for bowl games based on performance on the field is a myth.

That said, I am hoping that Texas St finds a bowl.
12-02-2014 11:20 PM
Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
We had some problems late but beat a 9 win USU and every team we lost to is bowl eligible. Even Montana State is no pushover. We have been left out with 6 FBS wins in the past. It sucks but when you get a chance you have to make a good showing.
12-02-2014 11:26 PM
CajunProud Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: CAJUNS!
Did I miss something? When were these bowl bids announced?
12-02-2014 11:31 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
Everybody who's bowling deserves to be there.............which is why Georgia Southern isn't there.
12-02-2014 11:33 PM
RustonCAT Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte/Latech
(12-02-2014 11:31 PM)CajunProud Wrote:  Did I miss something? When were these bowl bids announced?

About 8pm South Alabama leaked the news for Camellia bowl...a bit later to keep total meltdown from happening Astate decided to leak.
12-02-2014 11:33 PM
Advertisement

ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

You were pushed for a 6-6, not for us. We are actually still ranked higher than you in many rankings....but USA is not. I was afraid all along that WE were going to get pushed for a 6-6 instead of you.

The thing that really, really, killed you was your attendance on that night with good weather with bowl eligibility on the line where you beat us. Bowls were watching your attendance that night.

That said. Your team 100% deserves a bowl.
12-03-2014 12:57 AM
TXST TLG8 Offline
Water Engineer

(12-03-2014 12:57 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  

You were pushed for a 6-6, not for us. We are actually still ranked higher than you in many rankings....but USA is not. I was afraid all along that WE were going to get pushed for a 6-6 instead of you.

The thing that really, really, killed you was your attendance on that night with good weather with bowl eligibility on the line where you beat us. Bowls were watching your attendance that night.

That said. Your team 100% deserves a bowl.

What killed us is being in a conference that only has one bowl semi-close to us and that one just happens to be guaranteed to the Cajuns every year.
12-03-2014 01:50 AM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-03-2014 01:50 AM)TXST TLG8 Wrote:  What killed us is being in a conference that only has one bowl semi-close to us and that one just happens to be guaranteed to the Cajuns every year.

The Cajuns were the top bowl eligible team. Every SBC bowl would have wanted them, even one in San Marcos.

Your home attendance and lack of history for them to judge travel hurt you.
12-03-2014 01:58 AM
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
(12-03-2014 01:58 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 01:50 AM)TXST TLG8 Wrote:  What killed us is being in a conference that only has one bowl semi-close to us and that one just happens to be guaranteed to the Cajuns every year.

The Cajuns were the top bowl eligible team. Every SBC bowl would have wanted them, even one in San Marcos.

Your home attendance and lack of history for them to judge travel hurt you.

Our avg home attendance was 2500 more than USA. USA also has no Bowl history....next reason.
12-03-2014 02:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.