Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bowl Breakdown - 128 schools fight for postseason
Bookmark and Share
dfn2006 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Bowl Breakdown - 128 schools fight for postseason
If you all see anything that does not look correct let me know - this breakdown took a while but should be complete on who is bowling, who is on the bubble and who is NOT bowling.

2014-2015 Bowl Game Breakdown
11-26-2014 10:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
RE: Bowl Breakdown - 128 schools fight for postseason
Not looking good for WKU at the moment...Its ok though we are used to sitting out, would just make it 3 out of the last 4 seasons bowl eligible and on the couch...At least this season we do not have to worry about Ark. St. threatening conference with a lawsuit if they did not go to GoDaddy bowl last season when they really wanted WKU...

Really should won that game at home vs. UAB, that loss hurt us more than any other..
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2014 10:49 AM by WKUFan518.)
11-26-2014 10:48 AM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
As it looks
3 in Marshall, Rice, Tech all 7 wins or more
3 bowl eligible- MTSU, WKU, UTEP
2 almost eligible- UAB and ODU

ODU will be first out due to NCAA regulations
UAB, WKU will prolly have a knife fight for that final spot if Marshall doesn't make an access bowl. Both may be out of luck in worst case scenario. We as a conference need to pray that either Indy, Cactus, or Armed Forces pops open for a team.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2014 11:30 AM by pilot172000.)
11-26-2014 10:54 AM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
(11-26-2014 10:54 AM)pilot172000 Wrote:  As it looks
3 in Marshall, Rice, Tech all 7 wins or more
3 bowl eligible- MTSU, WKU, MTSU
2 almost eligible- UAB and ODU

ODU will be first out due to NCAA regulations
UAB, WKU will prolly have a knife fight for that final spot if Marshall doesn't make an access bowl. Both may be out of luck in worst case scenario. We as a conference need to pray that either Indy, Cactus, or Armed Forces pops open for a team.

UTEP is also bowl eligible at 6-5. The winner of the MTSU @ UTEP game will be assured of a bowl at 7-5 but I would be willing to bet that even a 6-6 UTEP is going to the NM Bowl.
11-26-2014 11:23 AM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

That was a lapse on my part. I automatically assumed UTEP was headed to New Mexico no matter what and MTSU was headed to Bahamas. Sorry
11-26-2014 11:30 AM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
(11-26-2014 11:30 AM)pilot172000 Wrote:  That was a lapse on my part. I automatically assumed UTEP was headed to New Mexico no matter what and MTSU was headed to Bahamas. Sorry

I did not see UTEP in your bowl eligible list and looking closer, you have MTSU listed twice. Just a typo.
11-26-2014 11:35 AM
Advertisement

BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
I think WKU (and possibly UAB) get left out unless C-USA picks up an at-large slot (not extremely likely).

Marshall - HOD
MT - Bahamas

LA Tech, Rice, UTEP fit in Boca, Hawai'i, and New Mexico. Would the west winner get to take New Mexico over UTEP? I'm not sure about that.

My irrelevant opinion is LA Tech to Boca, Rice to Hawai'i, and UTEP to New Mexico.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2014 11:37 AM by BeliefBlazer.)
11-26-2014 11:36 AM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

The optimum outcome for CUSA at this point is
Marshall to Peach
Tech to HOD/ Armed Forces
Rice to HOD/Armed Forces
UTEP to New Mexico
UAB to Boca
MTSU to Bahamas
WKU to Hawaii
There is about a 25% chance of that happening

Worst Outcome will be
Marshall to HOD/Cactus or some other open bowl
Tech/Rice Winner to HOD/ Hawaii/ Boca
UTEP to New Mexico
MTSU to Bahamas

UAB and WKU are stuck like chuck.

As a Tech fan, its my firm belief that the best we can do is the HOD Bowl whether we win the Conference Title or not.
11-26-2014 12:41 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
MT to Bahamas is looking all but set in stone.

I've heard that McPhee has family in the Bahamas government in charge of tourism or at least with significant influence, so you can bet the Bahamian government/tourism department will be wanting MT very strongly.
11-26-2014 12:57 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
If the Miners win and wind up with a 7-5 record they should get another bowl not named the NM Bowl. But if they wind up with a 6-6 record they should reward the kids to a trip to Hawai'i. It's not like there would be a ton of fans heading there anyway.
11-26-2014 01:07 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I think the bowl games that are all but done are Bahamas and New Mexico. I would be floored if they didn't go the way we all know they will.

Trouble lies in where the top three schools will end up.
Marshall wants Peach but could be forced to choose from the pile
Tech/Rice are almost interchangeble when it comes to preference. There is not bowl that one covets more than the other.
11-26-2014 01:09 PM
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
Very cool , thanks for putting together. I agree the SBC is a mess but think there is a good shot at all four teams bowling with TXST getting to Armed Forces. The AF Bowl has looked into placing TXST before since they are an instate team and expected to travel well.

Of course this or a CUSA team getting the spot hinges on if Oklahoma St loses.
11-26-2014 02:08 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

(11-26-2014 02:08 PM)slycat Wrote:  Very cool , thanks for putting together. I agree the SBC is a mess but think there is a good shot at all four teams bowling with TXST getting to Armed Forces. The AF Bowl has looked into placing TXST before since they are an instate team and expected to travel well.

You are looking at a tight race between Tech, Rice, TX St., and a possible P5 team somewhere. I like Rice's odds better than anybodys for the Armed Forces Bowl.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2014 02:46 PM by pilot172000.)
11-26-2014 02:45 PM
ESE84 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Rice then UH

New Orleans BowlDonators
(11-26-2014 02:45 PM)pilot172000 Wrote:  
(11-26-2014 02:08 PM)slycat Wrote:  Very cool , thanks for putting together. I agree the SBC is a mess but think there is a good shot at all four teams bowling with TXST getting to Armed Forces. The AF Bowl has looked into placing TXST before since they are an instate team and expected to travel well.

You are looking at a tight race between Tech, Rice, TX St., and a possible P5 team somewhere. I like Rice's odds better than anybodys for the Armed Forces Bowl.

Something just right about the rumors that revive Texas-Texas A&M in the Texas Bowl (Houston) and Houston-Rice in the Armed Forces Bowl. These long-term rivals can't seem to schedule regular season games, so it adds interest to the bowls.
11-26-2014 03:00 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

(11-26-2014 03:00 PM)ESE84 Wrote:  
(11-26-2014 02:45 PM)pilot172000 Wrote:  

Something just right about the rumors that revive Texas-Texas A&M in the Texas Bowl (Houston) and Houston-Rice in the Armed Forces Bowl. These long-term rivals can't seem to schedule regular season games, so it adds interest to the bowls.

I sense that RICE fans lean towards the AF Bowl while TECH fans prefer the HOD Bowl. I would love to see both get their wish.
11-26-2014 03:06 PM
ESE84 Online
Heisman

New Orleans BowlDonators
(11-26-2014 03:06 PM)pilot172000 Wrote:  I sense that RICE fans lean towards the AF Bowl while TECH fans prefer the HOD Bowl. I would love to see both get their wish.

Not everyone. Plenty of Rice fans see a very winnable game in HOD against Illinois or Rutgers, or an interesting match-up with Northwestern, and argue that W over the B1G would be more valuable than a W over Houston and the AAC.

But I think it would be much more fun to have bragging rights over the Coogs until the next time we manage to schedule a football game.
11-26-2014 03:12 PM
Advertisement

pilot172000 Offline
All American

(11-26-2014 03:12 PM)ESE84 Wrote:  
(11-26-2014 03:06 PM)pilot172000 Wrote:  I sense that RICE fans lean towards the AF Bowl while TECH fans prefer the HOD Bowl. I would love to see both get their wish.

Not everyone. Plenty of Rice fans see a very winnable game in HOD against Illinois or Rutgers, or an interesting match-up with Northwestern, and argue that W over the B1G would be more valuable than a W over Houston and the AAC.

But I think it would be much more fun to have bragging rights over the Coogs until the next time we manage to schedule a football game.
Thats why I have said before, both Rice and Tech's bowl preferences are interchangeable. Neither wants to go to Boca or Hawaii, but would prefere a Texas bowl game.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2014 03:15 PM by pilot172000.)
11-26-2014 03:14 PM
ESE84 Online
Heisman

New Orleans BowlDonators
(11-26-2014 03:14 PM)pilot172000 Wrote:  Thats why I have said before, both Rice and Tech's bowl preferences are interchangeable. Neither wants to go to Boca or Hawaii, but would prefere a Texas bowl game.

Some Rice fans are claiming on The Parliament that we turned down Hawaii in 2012, but I am not sure that can be verified. That must have come with the knowledge that Armed Forces would pick us up.

I have said for years Hawaii is the bowl of last resort. I understand the players would enjoy the trip, but it is not one for the fans. I'm planning my Hawaii trip in the 2018 regular season when we return the visit Hawaii made to Houston in 2014.
11-26-2014 03:20 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(11-26-2014 10:48 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Not looking good for WKU at the moment...Its ok though we are used to sitting out, would just make it 3 out of the last 4 seasons bowl eligible and on the couch...At least this season we do not have to worry about Ark. St. threatening conference with a lawsuit if they did not go to GoDaddy bowl last season when they really wanted WKU...

Really should won that game at home vs. UAB, that loss hurt us more than any other..

#1. Arkansas State threatened no lawsuit. A goober reporter stated AState SHOULD but at no time was one threatened. But as they say in Liberty Valance when the legend becomes bigger than the truth, print the legend.
#2. It would absolutely AWFUL that a conference adopts selection rules prior to the season, threatens it members with financial penalty if they break those rules but says "no, no, we aren't going to enforce those rules because it might hurt WKU's feelings if we follow the rules they agreed."
11-26-2014 03:25 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(11-26-2014 12:41 PM)pilot172000 Wrote:  The optimum outcome for CUSA at this point is
Marshall to Peach
Tech to HOD/ Armed Forces
Rice to HOD/Armed Forces
UTEP to New Mexico
UAB to Boca
MTSU to Bahamas
WKU to Hawaii
There is about a 25% chance of that happening

Worst Outcome will be
Marshall to HOD/Cactus or some other open bowl
Tech/Rice Winner to HOD/ Hawaii/ Boca
UTEP to New Mexico
MTSU to Bahamas

UAB and WKU are stuck like chuck.

As a Tech fan, its my firm belief that the best we can do is the HOD Bowl whether we win the Conference Title or not.

"Supposedly" the MWC back-up agreement with Cactus allows the Cactus to take second selection of the MWC jumping their other agreements.

If Boise State stays ahead of Marshall (USU last serious shot at them losing), you are looking at most likely Boise to access, Colorado State to Las Vegas, USU to Cactus, SDSU to Poinsettia (to avoid AFA/Navy rematch), Nevada to New Mexico, Fresno to Tater Bowl, and New Orleans being short (probable pool they can pursue: Temple, one of the 6-6 MAC's and whoever from CUSA is looking).
11-26-2014 03:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.