11. Georgia State
11-23-2014 11:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GSUCadet Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GS & GT
RE: Sunbelt Power Rankings
Also, I will update my picture chart with the rankings in a graphic form in the next hour or so if anyone is interested!
11-23-2014 11:59 AM
ManOnABuffalo Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
I figured a Ga South fan would get this rolling, how objective of you. If we are gonna do an actual POWER poll (standings is a different beast) this is what it looks like:

1. Appalachian State
2. Georgia Southern
3. ULL
4. Texas State
5. Ark State
6. South Alabama
7. ULM
8. Troy
9. Idaho
10. NMSU
11. Georgia State

BTW Hey Cadet, stand at attention when talking to me! :) 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014 12:16 PM by ManOnABuffalo.)
11-23-2014 11:59 AM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
1. GS
2. ULL
3. APP - yes you just beat ULL but looking at you entire season 3 is where you fit
4. TEX ST
5. stAte
6. USA
7. ULM
8. Troy
9. Idaho
10. NMSU
11. GSU

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
11-23-2014 12:01 PM
Klak Online
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
(11-23-2014 11:59 AM)ManOnABuffalo Wrote:  I figured a Ga South fan would get this rolling, how objective of you. If we are gonna do an actual POWER poll (standings is a different beast) this is what it looks like:
1. Appalachian State
2. Georgia Southern
3. ULL
4. Texas State
5. Ark State
6. South Alabama
7. ULM
8. Troy
9. Idaho
10. NMSU
11. Georgia State

Using your rankings...

App has wins over #3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, with a game remaining against #9. Losses to #2 and #6.
GS has wins over #1, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, with a game remaining against #7. No losses.

Also, why isn't anyone pointing out that App dodged #4 Texas State? 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014 12:05 PM by Klak.)
11-23-2014 12:04 PM
jim121256 Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-23-2014 11:59 AM)ManOnABuffalo Wrote:  I figured a Ga South fan would get this rolling, how objective of you. If we are gonna do an actual POWER poll (standings is a different beast) this is what it looks like:
1. Appalachian State
2. Georgia Southern
3. ULL
4. Texas State
5. Ark State
6. South Alabama
7. ULM
8. Troy
9. Idaho
10. NMSU
11. Georgia State

As much as it pains me, for a power rating based on right now, I agree with this. I don't see power ratings as a product of the year's work. However, if anybody isn't tired of talking about the season's body of work, I'll be willing to engage on that subject as well!
11-23-2014 12:06 PM
Advertisement

ManOnABuffalo Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(11-23-2014 12:01 PM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  1. GS
2. ULL
3. APP - yes you just beat ULL but looking at you entire season 3 is where you fit
4. TEX ST
5. stAte
6. USA
7. ULM
8. Troy
9. Idaho
10. NMSU
11. GSU

This is a power poll, as in what level are these teams playing at RIGHT NOW.

If we want the body of work we just got to the SBC standings. I can provide the link to that if you can't find that.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014 12:16 PM by ManOnABuffalo.)
11-23-2014 12:14 PM
GSUCadet Offline
Bench Warmer

1. Appalachian State
2. Georgia Southern
3. ULL
4. Texas State
5. Ark State
6. South Alabama
7. ULM
8. Troy
9. Idaho
10. NMSU
11. Georgia State

I'm most certainly being objective. I still think we could beat Appy if we had to play you guys again this season tomorrow. I do however think that Appy is the most improved sunbelt team this season.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014 12:17 PM by GSUCadet.)
11-23-2014 12:15 PM
ManOnABuffalo Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(11-23-2014 12:15 PM)GSUCadet Wrote:  
1. Appalachian State
2. Georgia Southern
3. ULL
4. Texas State
5. Ark State
6. South Alabama
7. ULM
8. Troy
9. Idaho
10. NMSU
11. Georgia State

I'm not being objective. I still think we could beat Appy if we had to play you guys again this season tomorrow. I do however think that Appy is the most improved sunbelt team this season.

Anytime you want to address Appalachian State with respect you can drop the "Y" off of App. You do know that fans of other teams use that as a way to speak down to our school? Unless that is your intent here.

As for not being objective, at least you admit to that.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014 12:19 PM by ManOnABuffalo.)
11-23-2014 12:17 PM
GSUCadet Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-23-2014 12:17 PM)ManOnABuffalo Wrote:  
1. Appalachian State
2. Georgia Southern
3. ULL
4. Texas State
5. Ark State
6. South Alabama
7. ULM
8. Troy
9. Idaho
10. NMSU
11. Georgia State

I'm not being objective. I still think we could beat Appy if we had to play you guys again this season tomorrow. I do however think that Appy is the most improved sunbelt team this season.

Anytime you want to address Appalachian State with respect you can drop the "Y" off of App. You do know that fans of other teams use that as a way to speak down to our school?

How is it speaking down of your school? I think it has a particular ring and flow to it making you guys sound nice
11-23-2014 12:19 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

1. Appalachian State
2. Georgia Southern
3. ULL
4. Texas State
5. Ark State
6. South Alabama
7. ULM
8. Troy
9. Idaho
10. NMSU
11. Georgia State

Anytime you want to address Appalachian State with respect you can drop the "Y" off of App. You do know that fans of other teams use that as a way to speak down to our school? Unless that is your intent here.

As for not being objective, at least you admit to that.

We'll be sure and get right on that. 03-lmfao
11-23-2014 12:23 PM
Advertisement

gsu95 Offline
Fifth Estate

I Root For: USC, GS
(11-23-2014 12:19 PM)GSUCadet Wrote:  
1. Appalachian State
2. Georgia Southern
3. ULL
4. Texas State
5. Ark State
6. South Alabama
7. ULM
8. Troy
9. Idaho
10. NMSU
11. Georgia State

Anytime you want to address Appalachian State with respect you can drop the "Y" off of App. You do know that fans of other teams use that as a way to speak down to our school?

How is it speaking down of your school? I think it has a particular ring and flow to it making you guys sound nice

Yep, the Happy Appys. Or Yappy Appys. Or Sappy Appys. Or Flappy Appys. Or Flabby Appys.
Never mind.
Just wanted to come in somewhere and post my congratulations to the Mountaineers for the win over Louisiana Lafayette.
11-23-2014 12:26 PM
Eagle22 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GA Southern
(11-23-2014 12:14 PM)ManOnABuffalo Wrote:  
2. ULL
4. TEX ST
5. stAte
6. USA
7. ULM
8. Troy
9. Idaho
10. NMSU
11. GSU

If we want the body of work we just got to the SBC standings. I can provide the link to that if you can't find that.

Power equals the ability to, or the capacity for directing/influencing the behavior of others or the course of events.

App's "power" this week was put to fine use for altering the course of events for ULL this week, and this week alone. Georgia Southern had zero power this week (we had a bye), so it makes perfect sense that App should be at the top of a "power" poll this week.

As for next week, if Georgia Southern beats ULM we will have changed our own direction (momentum) and therefore improve on our own power standings.

Enjoy your one week at the top of the power poll. We'll enjoy the off-season there should we be fortunate enough to win the Sun Belt championship outright 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014 12:27 PM by Eagle22.)
11-23-2014 12:26 PM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
1. Georgia Southern - Could lose to ULM and would still have best resume for #1.
2. ULL - Head scratchers like close GaSt win coming home to roost. Just not their season. Still only 1 loss to
3. App St - On a roll, but Liberty was not that long ago. Lost to #1 by 3 TDs
4. Texas State - Playing solid ball.
5. Ark State - Injury bug seems to have taken its toll.
6. South Alabama
7. ULM
8. Troy
9. Idaho
10. NMSU
11. Georgia State
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014 01:03 PM by GSU Eagles.)
11-23-2014 12:55 PM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

1. App
2. GS
3. StAte
4. TXST
5. ULL
6. USA
7. ULM
8. Troy
9. NMSU
10. Idaho
11. Ga State
11-23-2014 01:00 PM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

(11-23-2014 01:00 PM)NCeagle Wrote:  1. App
2. GS
3. StAte
4. TXST
5. ULL
6. USA
7. ULM
8. Troy
9. NMSU
10. Idaho
11. Ga State

Lol. Every post is anti GS and you are located in Charlotte. Fake screen name maybe?
11-23-2014 01:02 PM
Advertisement

GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

(11-23-2014 12:14 PM)ManOnABuffalo Wrote:  
2. ULL
4. TEX ST
5. stAte
6. USA
7. ULM
8. Troy
9. Idaho
10. NMSU
11. GSU

I use the same logic as the playoff committee. You look at the total resume, but recent performance can influence the ranking.

Using your logic above, Florida St would probably be #30 or so in a FBS power ranking, but they are #3 in the playoff committee ranking.
11-23-2014 01:06 PM
DrGonzo Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
1. App
2. GaSo
3. ULL
4. Arkansas State
5. Texas State
6. South Alabama
7. ULM
8. Idaho
9. Troy
10. NMSU
11. Georgia State
11-23-2014 01:13 PM
bokobobcat1919 Offline
Sun Belt

I Root For: Texas State
Power rankings = best team as of now
1. App - simply awesome run through stAte and UL. Surprise of the season.
2. TXST - if app coming out of their slump to beat stAte was impressive, TXST's thrashing was even more so. Only TXST doesn't get to follow it up by facing UL while clicking on all cylinders.
3. UL - off day, still one of the best teams in the belt
4. GS - After the beatdown by navy, it's looking more and more like their win over TXST was a fluke. Navy made GS look like they are on a downward trend after a hot start to the year. Inflated record and preserved depth due to a cupcake schedule.
5. stAte - talented team, but not enough depth right now due to a ton of injuries
6. South Alabama - facing a painful end to their season. Hopefully a bowl invite will boost their spirits.
7. ULM - rough year, but they have a chance to make everyone happy by beating GS
8 Troy
9. Idaho
10. Georgia State
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014 01:31 PM by bokobobcat1919.)
11-23-2014 01:15 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
I started my own thread not seeing this one so posting it here too. I'm going to post this purely on recent performance, regardless of overall record

1. App St - Back to back road wins on stAte and UL, haven't lost a game in a while. It's amazing when you think some fans were calling for the coaches head and jumping off a sinking ship after the USM, Liberty and USA losses. Amazing how things change throughout a season.

2. GS - The loss to Navy was expected but maybe not to the degree. Had to bump them down after a bye and how well App St is playing

3. UL - McGuire looked human and UL looked like they did during the OOC games. I was shocked when I saw the score in the first quarter then watched the game and App St was the better team.

4. TXST - Statement win over a falling stAte team. Regardless of injuries, it was the Bobcats most dominate performance of the season after the UAPB game. Got bowl eligible again and hopefully get a bowl this time. Felt good after those GS and USA losses.

5. USA - Bowl eligible and most likely going thanks to two games in their home state. Third string QB looks great for the future of this program. I was sad they couldn't shut up South Carolina yesterday

6. stAte - Nosedive for this program the last couple weeks. Injuries have a huge part to do with it but int he end that's all a part of the game. SHould bounce back against Troy.

7. ULM - Look to make UL fans happy when they play GS this week. Can their defense stop GS enough for the win. Copy what TXST and Navy did and they have a chance.

8. Troy - Winning a couple games recently to redeem a horrid start. Can they cap the season with a win over a struggling stAte team? How your running game?

9. NMSU - Hard to find postitives but I've watched enough NMSU games ot know they are capable of an upset if they reduce turnovers.

10. Idaho - Another team I thought would sneak out a win by now. Can they catch App St on a high and looking past them?

11. GSU - Is it 2015 yet? Please don't have some sort of breakout game this week 03-wink
11-23-2014 01:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.