Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Access bowl projections11/22
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
Access bowl projections11/22
With Marshall's awful performance against UAB today I'd have to say the Access slot is Boise's if they win out. Colorado St will now be 10-1 after blowing out New Mexico (37-7 at half) but they do not control their own destiny (Boise beat them head to head)....if Boise slips then CSU will get it provided they don't get upset....sadly, I see no other candidates after ECU's heartbreaking losses the past few weeks
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2014 03:23 PM by billybobby777.)
11-22-2014 03:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
RE: Access bowl projections11/22
Memphis is in it also, but only if Marshall loses. Right now, I'd put Marshall 1, Boise 2, and Memphis 3.
11-22-2014 08:40 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
You know, honestly, I'm okay with the MWC getting the access bowl.

It'll really sting if it's any of the MAC / CUSA / SBC
11-22-2014 08:42 PM
ECU_Drummer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: East Carolina
(11-22-2014 08:42 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  You know, honestly, I'm okay with the MWC getting the access bowl.

My thoughts as well.
11-22-2014 09:27 PM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU
(11-22-2014 09:27 PM)ECU_Drummer Wrote:  
(11-22-2014 08:42 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  You know, honestly, I'm okay with the MWC getting the access bowl.

My thoughts as well.

Agree, my biased thought is I would like to see Memphis get the shot.
11-22-2014 09:30 PM
ECU_Drummer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: East Carolina
(11-22-2014 09:30 PM)Tigeer Wrote:  

My thoughts as well.

In all honesty I'd like to see how you guys would do against one of those big P5 teams.
11-22-2014 09:42 PM
Advertisement

Tigeer Offline
Heisman

(11-22-2014 09:42 PM)ECU_Drummer Wrote:  
(11-22-2014 09:30 PM)Tigeer Wrote:  

My thoughts as well.

In all honesty I'd like to see how you guys would do against one of those big P5 teams.

Fared decently against Ole Miss and UCLA this year.
11-22-2014 09:43 PM
ECUPirated Offline
NAPALMINATOR

I Root For: American Rising
The ideal situation...............

Marshall loses to Western Kentucky final regular season game and then Louisiana Tech or Rice in the CUSA championship game. Louisiana Tech or Rice CUSA champ with a 8-5 record.

Boise State loses to Utah State final game regular season. Colorado State loses to Air Force final game regular season. Boise 3 losses / Colorado St 2 losses. Utah State 10-3 plays in MWC championship game against 7-5 San Diego State and loses. San Diego MWC champion at 8-5.

Bowling Green loses to Ball State final game regular season, but beats Northern Illinois in MAC Championship game. Bowling Green MAC champion at 8-5.

One of either Memphis / UCF / Cincinnati / ECU finishes 9-3
(Memphis has the best chance of winning out) and gets the access bowl for the AAC.

A lot could still happen.
11-22-2014 09:45 PM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

(11-22-2014 09:45 PM)ECUPirated Wrote:  The ideal situation...............

Marshall loses to Western Kentucky final regular season game and then Louisiana Tech or Rice in the CUSA championship game. Louisiana Tech or Rice CUSA champ with a 8-5 record.

Boise State loses to Utah State final game regular season. Colorado State loses to Air Force final game regular season. Boise 3 losses / Colorado St 2 losses. Utah State 10-3 plays in MWC championship game against 7-5 San Diego State and loses. San Diego MWC champion at 8-5.

Bowling Green loses to Ball State final game regular season, but beats Northern Illinois in MAC Championship game. Bowling Green MAC champion at 8-5.

(Memphis has the best chance of winning out) and gets the access bowl for the AAC.

That would be awesome, but that is a lot of ifs.
11-22-2014 09:48 PM
sfink16 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
There is an outside chance that Utah State could win the Mountain West conference if they beat Boise State and Colorado State loses to Air Force. I realize that it is unlikely but Utah State doesn't have a horrible resume either. That beat one (bad) P5 team in Wake Forest and a decent to good BYU team. The one bad lose to Arkansas State greatly diminishes their season but that doesn't change the fact that they could win their conference.

Should Utah State pull off the miracle and Marshall loses one game, does that put the AAC back in contention for the Access Bowl slot?
11-22-2014 09:49 PM
ECUPirated Offline
NAPALMINATOR

(11-22-2014 09:48 PM)Tigeer Wrote:  

That would be awesome, but that is a lot of ifs.

Fingers crossed. 04-cheers
11-22-2014 10:06 PM
Advertisement

ECUPirated Offline
NAPALMINATOR

(11-22-2014 09:49 PM)sfink16 Wrote:  There is an outside chance that Utah State could win the Mountain West conference if they beat Boise State and Colorado State loses to Air Force. I realize that it is unlikely but Utah State doesn't have a horrible resume either. That beat one (bad) P5 team in Wake Forest and a decent to good BYU team. The one bad lose to Arkansas State greatly diminishes their season but that doesn't change the fact that they could win their conference.

Should Utah State pull off the miracle and Marshall loses one game, does that put the AAC back in contention for the Access Bowl slot?

IMHO, yes.
11-22-2014 10:11 PM
sfink16 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
(11-22-2014 10:11 PM)ECUPirated Wrote:  
(11-22-2014 09:49 PM)sfink16 Wrote:  There is an outside chance that Utah State could win the Mountain West conference if they beat Boise State and Colorado State loses to Air Force. I realize that it is unlikely but Utah State doesn't have a horrible resume either. That beat one (bad) P5 team in Wake Forest and a decent to good BYU team. The one bad lose to Arkansas State greatly diminishes their season but that doesn't change the fact that they could win their conference.

IMHO, yes.

LOL. Looks like you and I were writing at the same time in similar fashion. The difference is that you went into much more detail while I abbreviated the same idea.
11-22-2014 10:29 PM
ECUPirated Offline
NAPALMINATOR

So far so good................
11-28-2014 07:22 PM
virgosports Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
(11-28-2014 07:22 PM)ECUPirated Wrote:  

Just need Boise st to cooperate lol
11-28-2014 08:00 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(11-28-2014 08:00 PM)virgosports Wrote:  
(11-28-2014 07:22 PM)ECUPirated Wrote:  [quote='ECUPirated' pid='11422740' dateline='1416710713']
The ideal situation...............

Just need Boise st to cooperate lol

2 outa 3...big day today....I think Nevada will represent the MWC west division. If Boise wins tomorrow can you imagine if all our hopes lay on a Nevada upset of Boise in the MWC championship game? Remember Nevada/Colin knappernick upset of Boise a few years back? Another crazy end to the season. I love college football
11-28-2014 08:25 PM
Advertisement

Shrack Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Even if Boise loses tomorrow, I think they still likely have the best shot of getting in. Their schedule is stronger than all the 3 loss AAC teams and they have a lot more wins against winning teams.

10-2 CSU W
9-3 Air Force L
6-5 Nevada W
7-4 BYU W
7-4 ULL W
9-3 Utah St (not played)
MWC Champ game (not played)

Memphis will only have wins over 2 teams with winning records in MTSU and Cincy. Their next best win is likely going to be Temple who ends up 7-5 or 6-6 , and then a bunch of 2-4 win teams. I would say Cincy had the best shot, but they lost the head-to-head with Memphis, so really who freaking knows. I can't imagine UCF getting in with a loss to Uconn.

The only thing you can really hope for is for Boise to lose the champ game.
11-28-2014 08:41 PM
virgosports Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
(11-28-2014 08:41 PM)Shrack Wrote:  Even if Boise loses tomorrow, I think they still likely have the best shot of getting in. Their schedule is stronger than all the 3 loss AAC teams and they have a lot more wins against winning teams.

10-2 CSU W
9-3 Air Force L
6-5 Nevada W
7-4 BYU W
7-4 ULL W
9-3 Utah St (not played)

Memphis will only have wins over 2 teams with winning records in MTSU and Cincy. Their next best win is likely going to be Temple who ends up 7-5 or 6-6 , and then a bunch of 2-4 win teams. I would say Cincy had the best shot, but they lost the head-to-head with Memphis, so really who freaking knows. I can't imagine UCF getting in with a loss to Uconn.

If they lose then they are out since Utah st will be in the championship game.
11-28-2014 08:53 PM
Shrack Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(11-28-2014 08:53 PM)virgosports Wrote:  
(11-28-2014 08:41 PM)Shrack Wrote:  Even if Boise loses tomorrow, I think they still likely have the best shot of getting in. Their schedule is stronger than all the 3 loss AAC teams and they have a lot more wins against winning teams.

10-2 CSU W
9-3 Air Force L
6-5 Nevada W
7-4 BYU W
7-4 ULL W
9-3 Utah St (not played)

If they lose then they are out since Utah st will be in the championship game.

You're right. I keep forgetting Utah St. is in the same division. My bad.
11-28-2014 08:58 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Also, the committee said they will consider whom you played in OOC, and whether you played well, even in losses. Someone mentioned last week that Memphis is the only G5 team that had a legit chance to beat a highly ranked P5 team very late in the game. This is a different animal than the regular polls we are used to seeing.
11-28-2014 09:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.