Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Taggart hasn't named a starting QB yet?
Ramen_Tiger Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis
Taggart hasn't named a starting QB yet?
What gives? I thought White was starting?
11-21-2014 01:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

knightastic Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF Knights
RE: Taggart hasn't named a starting QB yet?
it won't matter who starts, just cover Andre Davis
11-21-2014 01:27 PM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(11-21-2014 01:22 PM)Ramen_Tiger Wrote:  What gives? I thought White was starting?

White, who looked very promising last year as a true freshman, did not produce this season and was recently replaced by a more athletic QB. However, last week the new QB did not fare well and White looked good when put into the game late. I saw White in person last year and he is definitely dangerous with a strong arm. I am willing to bet he gets the start. USF needs to win the next 2 games for a bowl - they will play hard tomorrow night.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2014 01:37 PM by Gray Avenger.)
11-21-2014 01:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

Looks like they are trying to pull a Houston on us.
11-21-2014 01:39 PM
Ramen_Tiger Offline
Banned

(11-21-2014 01:39 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Looks like they are trying to pull a Houston on us.

But it's Flowers even on Greg Warfs level?
11-21-2014 01:41 PM
Ramen_Tiger Offline
Banned

(11-21-2014 01:27 PM)knightastic Wrote:  it won't matter who starts, just cover Andre Davis

Bobby McCain
11-21-2014 01:42 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(11-21-2014 01:41 PM)Ramen_Tiger Wrote:  
(11-21-2014 01:39 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Looks like they are trying to pull a Houston on us.

But it's Flowers even on Greg Warfs level?

Probably not, but with the year usf is having, now is the time to start digging thru the bottom of the crazy idea bucket.
11-21-2014 01:44 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(11-21-2014 01:22 PM)Ramen_Tiger Wrote:  What gives? I thought White was starting?

Why do you care? You have been the biggest guy banging the drum that it doesnt matter and now you start a thread on it? 03-lmfao
11-21-2014 02:00 PM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
I think youll see 2 QBs for different packages. Flowers can do things athletically that nobody else on our team can. I like many of the options especially out of the jet sweep that could give teams issues... but overall White is the better option.

I hope he comes in with the plan to run both. Memphis wont be prepping for that, though I kinda doubt it will make much of a difference.
11-21-2014 02:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(11-21-2014 02:08 PM)mtmedlin Wrote:  I think youll see 2 QBs for different packages. Flowers can do things athletically that nobody else on our team can. I like many of the options especially out of the jet sweep that could give teams issues... but overall White is the better option.

I hope he comes in with the plan to run both. Memphis wont be prepping for that, though I kinda doubt it will make much of a difference.

Having watched and listened closely to Fuente this season, I can 100% guarantee that Memphis WILL prep for that possibility.
11-21-2014 02:14 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF

I like it when Coaches don't name starting QB's publicly, especially if there is a major difference between them (i.e. one is more of a running QB while another might be a pocket passer), as why help the other team prepare even more so?

Only the opposing team and gamblers WANT to know...zero reason to ever help them (but some coaches feel obligated to do just that).
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2014 03:17 PM by KnightLight.)
11-21-2014 03:17 PM
Advertisement

CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
(11-21-2014 03:17 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  

I like it when Coaches don't name starting QB's publicly, especially if there is a major difference between them (i.e. one is more of a running QB while another might be a pocket passer), as why help the other team prepare even more so?

Only the opposing team and gamblers WANT to know...zero reason to ever help them (but some coaches feel obligated to do just that).

^^^ yup
11-21-2014 03:24 PM
Ramen_Tiger Offline
Banned

(11-21-2014 02:00 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  

Why do you care? You have been the biggest guy banging the drum that it doesnt matter and now you start a thread on it? 03-lmfao
Did White not earn the right with 2 TDs last week to win the game?
11-21-2014 07:15 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(11-21-2014 07:15 PM)Ramen_Tiger Wrote:  
(11-21-2014 02:00 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  

Did White not earn the right with 2 TDs last week to win the game?

Not my call. I'm not the coach, so who I think should start means nothing
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2014 07:33 PM by Cubanbull.)
11-21-2014 07:33 PM
SublimeKnight Offline
All American

Could be worse, VTs OC refused to name his 3rd string QB, saying, "It's a major disadvantage to put that out there".
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2014 08:59 AM by SublimeKnight.)
11-22-2014 08:57 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
I assume USF isn't in the financial position to get rid of Taggart? I don't think he's your answer.

Really, your best coach to date was Leavitt. (sp?). He was quirky but the man won some big games.
11-22-2014 09:41 AM
Advertisement

SublimeKnight Offline
All American

(11-22-2014 09:41 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  Really, your best coach to date was Leavitt. (sp?). He was quirky but the man won some big games.

Agreed. Frankly, I thought he had a strangle hold on the job. Letting him go has really suffocated the program.
11-22-2014 10:14 AM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
(11-22-2014 10:14 AM)SublimeKnight Wrote:  
(11-22-2014 09:41 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  Really, your best coach to date was Leavitt. (sp?). He was quirky but the man won some big games.

Agreed. Frankly, I thought he had a strangle hold on the job. Letting him go has really suffocated the program.

It was very questionable as to why he was let go. Supposedly he slapped a player but the Trooper who was in the room, who guards the coach said he never saw it happen.

I still have a ton of faith in Taggart. Those outside the program really have no clue just how bad Holtz left it. Under Leavitt our boys were tough, strong and played hard nosed football. He didnt put up with alot of BS and there was discipline in the workouts and weightroom.

Holtz let things get WAY out of hand. Literally had the "stars" on the team openly walk out of meetings and be disrespectful and he let it slide cause they were the "best" players. There was an aire of entitlement and some guys got the position without having to fight for it. Volunteer training went WAY down and the guys did not perform in the weight room.... and thats not a problem that is fixed quickly.

So now what we have is a REALLY young team, which means they are a bit undersized, underdeveloped, not experienced and make mistakes but the talent is there and the scheme will work once mastered. This system worked wonders at Stanford and Taggart turned around WKU with the same system. Its just gonna take about 2 more years. The big time Taggart bashers are the ones that want to win NOW, whereas I want to win consistantly in the future. We have a coach who grew up in this area, has family here and wants to raise his kids here. Hes the type that will turn down bigger jobs to stay once he gets this place rocking again.

Its a young program so reasonable expectations have to be made. 16 years in, I am happy with the direction and surprised at how much we have already accomplished...well get there. 2016 is looking strong.
11-22-2014 10:30 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(11-22-2014 10:14 AM)SublimeKnight Wrote:  

Water under the bridge. Keep moving forward. WT might be he guy and he may not, we will find out in next couple of years and keep moving. Even if you have a great coach he won't be there forever, there will be change and sometimes it won't work out. It's part of the up down cycle.
11-22-2014 10:31 AM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
(11-21-2014 03:24 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  
(11-21-2014 03:17 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  

^^^ yup

Agreed.

It makes no sense at all to advertise personnel changes, either through ineffective performance or injury. Fuente never gives any information like that out. Let the opponent figure it out when the game commences.
11-22-2014 10:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.