WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Anyone going to Mt. Pee this weekend?
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
Anyone going to Mt. Pee this weekend?
Anyone here making the trip up to Mt. Pleasant for the game? I am headed up with a buddy and could use some tips on parking etc... Never been to Smelly Shorts for a game ... enemy territory... Any info would be appreciated.
11-17-2014 10:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cmufanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: cmu chippewas
RE: Anyone going to Mt. Pee this weekend?
(11-17-2014 10:46 AM)flushtheherd Wrote:  Anyone here making the trip up to Mt. Pleasant for the game? I am headed up with a buddy and could use some tips on parking etc... Never been to Smelly Shorts for a game ... enemy territory... Any info would be appreciated.

parking is screwed up, general parking is on the south end of the stadium completely away from the main tailgating area. Should not have problems as the weather being chilly seems to keep the fans away, and also i think many just do not support this program under enos, anyways, looking forward to renewing the rivalry safe travels04-cheers

05-deadhorse
11-17-2014 10:52 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-17-2014 10:52 AM)cmufanatic Wrote:  
(11-17-2014 10:46 AM)flushtheherd Wrote:  Anyone here making the trip up to Mt. Pleasant for the game? I am headed up with a buddy and could use some tips on parking etc... Never been to Smelly Shorts for a game ... enemy territory... Any info would be appreciated.

parking is screwed up, general parking is on the south end of the stadium completely away from the main tailgating area. Should not have problems as the weather being chilly seems to keep the fans away, and also i think many just do not support this program under enos, anyways, looking forward to renewing the rivalry safe travels04-cheers

05-deadhorse

Thanks for the info... can you tailgate in the general parking area?
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2014 10:53 AM by flushtheherd.)
11-17-2014 10:53 AM
wmutkelaw Offline

I Root For: WMU and VALPO
Anyone leaving from Kalamazoo with the intention of watching the game and getting out of Mt P ASAP after the game?

I want to go, but do not want to waste time up there.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2014 12:04 PM by wmutkelaw.)
11-17-2014 12:02 PM
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

I'd love to be going, but we already booked some appointments to check out venues for our wedding reception :-(
11-17-2014 12:17 PM
Advertisement

Broncobelt Offline
All American

I'll being in UA supporting the Broncos to victory over Drake.
11-17-2014 02:11 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY

I am going to the game with my son. My wife and daughter are bailing because it will be too cold. I am going to look for warmer boots tonight though, because we had some numb feet on Saturday.

The campus is off Mission Street, and there is a shopping plaza on the other side of mission, just opposite the stadium. I park in that shopping plaza, then walk across the street. There is also a strip mall on the same side as the campus, but they have security restricting parking to customers only, and do a pretty good job making sure you don’t leave for the stadium without your car. We frequently eat at the Italian Oven in that strip mall before the game.

It’s actually pretty easy to get in and out of there. And in the cold weather I doubt the crowd will be huge, even given the fact that both schools are having a good season.
11-17-2014 02:44 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

I wish I could get to this game, but I'm still on baby watch. I was lucky to go to Saturday's game... due date is Wednesday. Could come any day now. 04-rock
11-17-2014 03:10 PM
acer1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Of course we will be there. Flush, I'll call you shortly, to discuss matters with you.

Those of you that are going check out the "Stampede tailgate" on the MyWMU website. The development office is hosting one there near the stadium, I'm hoping this is as good as the one at Virginia Tech. I know they will be having tents put up with heaters to warm them. Check it out.

We need a big group there to support these Broncos this year. Go Broncos.

Always proud to be a Bronco, RTB.
11-17-2014 03:13 PM
Advertisement

toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:I wish I could get to this game, but I'm still on baby watch. I was lucky to go to Saturday's game... due date is Wednesday. Could come any day now.

Well, if the baby decides it wants to come out on Saturday morning, put it back in and tell it to wait until after the game! It's always good to teach children about priorities starting at a young age. :)
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2014 03:18 PM by toddjnsn.)
11-17-2014 03:18 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(11-17-2014 03:10 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  I wish I could get to this game, but I'm still on baby watch. I was lucky to go to Saturday's game... due date is Wednesday. Could come any day now. 04-rock

Oh come on.... can you imagine the fun that kid would have telling his buddies that he was born during halftime on the WMU v cmu game, in below freezing temps? It is almost negligence for you and your wife not to go to this game. Some parents.....
11-17-2014 03:30 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

I hope to be sitting in the hospital with him, both of us wearing Bronco gear (yes, he's prepared), and taking in our first WMU vs. CMU game. 03-cloud9

edit: Oh, and I hope my wife is comfortably sleeping/relaxing too! 05-duck
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2014 03:37 PM by Hoekjeness.)
11-17-2014 03:36 PM
WheresWaldo42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: BetterCall Saul
I'll be there. Haven't misses this game on 27 years. No plans to start now. The biggest difference is, now that I'm getting old I will actually be coherent for the game.
11-17-2014 03:52 PM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Too-early forecast for Mt Pee: mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of light rain and snow, high mid 30s.
11-17-2014 06:20 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

Wish I could be there, but I have an early Thanksgiving event with friends shortly after the game, so I will be watching on my computer.

Go Broncos!
11-17-2014 06:22 PM
John52168 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army

Crappies
I don't know where I will be at Saturday. Right now I'm in Auburndale, FL. Picking up a load in Tampa in the morning and then it's off to Bedford, PA.
11-17-2014 07:33 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

Well... no backing out now. Ordered my tickets from the WMU ticket office... Hopefully I will be surrounded by more Brown and Gold than mustard and ketchup... Anyone planning on hitting the Stampede tailgate before the game? Looks like a heated area to hang with fellow broncos... eat well... and drink beers. Sounds alright by me!

Per myWMU.com:
Admission - $25/adult and $10/child (12 and under)
Includes - BBQ Buffet and 2 drink tickets (beer and wine available)
Location - The practice field east of Kelly/Short Stadium (in front of the Rose Ponds)
Battle of the Cannon - Kelly/Short Stadium, kick-off TBA, tickets are $22
Parking - Guests are encouraged to park in lots 63E or 73 near the West Campus entrance. Game day parking is $10
11-18-2014 10:05 AM
Advertisement

acer1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Congrats, Flush. We'll see you on Saturday.

Always proud to be a Bronco, RTB.
11-18-2014 12:31 PM
Ubish Offline
All American

(11-17-2014 03:36 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  I hope to be sitting in the hospital with him, both of us wearing Bronco gear (yes, he's prepared), and taking in our first WMU vs. CMU game. 03-cloud9

edit: Oh, and I hope my wife is comfortably sleeping/relaxing too! 05-duck

hopefully yours is as lucky as mine was. We won the MAC regular season in b-ball, and swept UMD in hockey to make the frozen faceoff while I was in the hospital.
11-18-2014 03:02 PM
Cant make this sh t up Offline
2nd String

(11-17-2014 03:10 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  I wish I could get to this game, but I'm still on baby watch. I was lucky to go to Saturday's game... due date is Wednesday. Could come any day now. 04-rock

So if its a boy are we naming it Jarvion? or Franklin?
11-18-2014 08:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.