Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

All of ECU's P5 opponents won today
virgosports Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
All of ECU's P5 opponents won today
Vetch at Duke, south Carolina at Florida and UNC against Pittsburg. I know it does not mean much but I was tired of hearing from non AAC fans how ECU has only beaten mediocre teams with losing record. All these teams could end up going bowling.
11-15-2014 05:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

leapinggazelle Offline
Banned

I Root For: Temple
RE: All of ECU's P5 opponents won today
(11-15-2014 05:06 PM)virgosports Wrote:  Vetch at Duke, south Carolina at Florida and UNC against Pittsburg. I know it does not mean much but I was tired of hearing from non AAC fans how ECU has only beaten mediocre teams with losing record. All these teams could end up going bowling.
Youre right, it doesn't mean much.
11-15-2014 05:08 PM
eastside cat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
03-zzz
11-15-2014 05:14 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(11-15-2014 05:08 PM)leapinggazelle Wrote:  
(11-15-2014 05:06 PM)virgosports Wrote:  Vetch at Duke, south Carolina at Florida and UNC against Pittsburg. I know it does not mean much but I was tired of hearing from non AAC fans how ECU has only beaten mediocre teams with losing record. All these teams could end up going bowling.

Actually it does, regardless of where we finish in conference. Those wins are the best thing any one in the AAC did OOC and about the only thing proping it up along with perhaps a beat down BYU and Vandy teams. Certainly helps Cincy or Temple if they eventually win enough to be ranked ECU beating those schools legitimizes your teams in a way by those wins.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2014 06:29 PM by StillJonesing.)
11-15-2014 06:27 PM
TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB Football
(11-15-2014 05:14 PM)eastside cat Wrote:  03-zzz

I kind of agree and if I wasn't an ECU fan I'd probably agree even more, but you guys beat us so "hyping" us up is kinda good for you? Ok kind of a stretch.

I would like for the wins over VT and UNC to end up being against bowl teams though. Would take a tiny bit of the sting out of the second half of this season.
11-15-2014 06:29 PM
rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats
(11-15-2014 06:27 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  

Actually it does, regardless of where we finish in conference. Those wins are the best thing any one in the AAC did OOC and about the only thing proping it up along with perhaps a beat down BYU and Vandy teams. Certainly helps Cincy or Temple if they eventually win enough to be ranked ECU beating those schools legitimizes your teams in a way by those wins.

Blah blah blah, it means nothing to anyone but ECU,sorry, no one cares.
11-15-2014 06:34 PM
Advertisement

apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
(11-15-2014 06:34 PM)rtaylor Wrote:  

It meant something to the Memphis fan that started the thread. So, unless you're willing to admit you are just sucker punching ECU fans, shut your trap.
11-15-2014 07:34 PM
rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats
(11-15-2014 07:34 PM)apex_pirate Wrote:  

It meant something to the Memphis fan that started the thread. So, unless you're willing to admit you are just sucker punching ECU fans, shut your trap.

Nope, it means nothing, it legitimizes nothing, all those teams are mediocre at best. You shut your trap and take your losses without crying.
11-15-2014 08:16 PM
eastside cat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
Ok now,I'm not so bored. I think whatever bowl you get in will result in ECU win. Your QB is so impressive. Didn't realize until I saw him live on Thursday.
(11-15-2014 06:29 PM)TheEastisPurple Wrote:  
(11-15-2014 05:14 PM)eastside cat Wrote:  03-zzz

I kind of agree and if I wasn't an ECU fan I'd probably agree even more, but you guys beat us so "hyping" us up is kinda good for you? Ok kind of a stretch.

I would like for the wins over VT and UNC to end up being against bowl teams though. Would take a tiny bit of the sting out of the second half of this season.
11-15-2014 08:46 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
Yeah, it matters on this thread. Of course,when I pointed it out an hour ago on another it meant nothing.
11-15-2014 08:50 PM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2014 08:16 PM)rtaylor Wrote:  
(11-15-2014 05:08 PM)leapinggazelle Wrote:  Youre right, it doesn't mean much.

Nope, it means nothing, it legitimizes nothing, all those teams are mediocre at best. You shut your trap and take your losses without crying.
It means something to the highest rated G5 conference that gets the nice Christmas bonus.
11-15-2014 08:56 PM
Advertisement

billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(11-15-2014 08:56 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  
(11-15-2014 06:27 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  Actually it does, regardless of where we finish in conference. Those wins are the best thing any one in the AAC did OOC and about the only thing proping it up along with perhaps a beat down BYU and Vandy teams. Certainly helps Cincy or Temple if they eventually win enough to be ranked ECU beating those schools legitimizes your teams in a way by those wins.

It means something to the highest rated G5 conference that gets the nice Christmas bonus.

darn straight. The AAC beat 3 P5 teams this year and ECU got 2 of the 3. Those ECU victims won today. It LL be between the mwc and AAC for the Christmas bonus this year....probably a very big thing that UNC and Va tech won today
11-15-2014 09:00 PM
apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
(11-15-2014 05:08 PM)leapinggazelle Wrote:  Youre right, it doesn't mean much.

I haven't cried once and have been very complimentary in the wake of losses. I don't take unjustified stabs though. Way to stay classy.
11-15-2014 10:05 PM
ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

Meh. Maybe they'll be bowl teams. I hope. Sort of.
11-16-2014 03:02 AM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

Means nothing but if you followed half of the idiots on the Boneyard they were the group leading the charge bad mouthing our wins. Truth is VT faced what a lot of teams have in injuries but it impacted their play big time. When ECU beat them coming off their win over OSU they were a pretty solid team. I live in South Carolina and watch most of their games. They have had some tough SEC loses but have no illusions if they were in the AAC they might possibly have 1 loss at most in our league and being a middle of the pack SEC team does not make you a sister of the poor. They will beat Clemson and if they win their Bowl game finish with 8 wins which considering they finished ranked #6 last year is a huge disappointment but not exactly a dumpster fire season.
The Tarholes have shown they are capable of winning games and then capable of completely crapping the bed. They have serious talent on their team but just can't seem to put it together which I love by the way.

End of the day beating P5 schools is always good and I am sure every school in the AAC has that one P5 neighbor like UNCheat they would have loved to curb stomp like we did no matter what type of season they are having.
11-16-2014 08:30 AM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(11-16-2014 08:30 AM)ShoreBuc Wrote:  Means nothing but if you followed half of the idiots on the Boneyard they were the group leading the charge bad mouthing our wins. Truth is VT faced what a lot of teams have in injuries but it impacted their play big time. When ECU beat them coming off their win over OSU they were a pretty solid team. I live in South Carolina and watch most of their games. They have had some tough SEC loses but have no illusions if they were in the AAC they might possibly have 1 loss at most in our league and being a middle of the pack SEC team does not make you a sister of the poor. They will beat Clemson and if they win their Bowl game finish with 8 wins which considering they finished ranked #6 last year is a huge disappointment but not exactly a dumpster fire season.
The Tarholes have shown they are capable of winning games and then capable of completely crapping the bed. They have serious talent on their team but just can't seem to put it together which I love by the way.

End of the day beating P5 schools is always good and I am sure every school in the AAC has that one P5 neighbor like UNCheat they would have loved to curb stomp like we did no matter what type of season they are having.

This.
11-16-2014 09:16 AM
Advertisement

Tigermaniac Offline
BBB Enthusiast

I Root For: Memphis/Army
ECU still has a chance at a 10 win season. ECU will be favored in their remaining 3 games. Keep your heads up!
11-16-2014 09:45 AM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

(11-16-2014 09:45 AM)Tigermaniac Wrote:  ECU still has a chance at a 10 win season. ECU will be favored in their remaining 3 games. Keep your heads up!

Unless UCF loses to USF, I wouldn't be surprised to be an underdog in that game.
11-16-2014 09:50 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

Who cares? Would mean something if ECU hadn't lost 2 straight.
11-16-2014 10:08 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(11-16-2014 09:45 AM)Tigermaniac Wrote:  ECU still has a chance at a 10 win season. ECU will be favored in their remaining 3 games. Keep your heads up!

That is how I see it also. At this point that should be the goal for this team. 10 wins and winning a bowl game could put them in the final 25 at the seasons end. That is about all that is left to play for.
11-16-2014 10:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.