Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2015 College Football All-Star games
Bookmark and Share
cnyrocketfan Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
2015 College Football All-Star games
Some of the invitations for the Senior Bowl have gone out. No Rockets invited yet, but Jeremiah Detmer and Greg Mancz are on the "watch list" for an invitation. There are 5 other MAC players on the list as of now.

Here's a link to the watch list

http://www.seniorbowl.com/watch-list-profiles.php

And here's a link to the news release about the players that have accepted the invitation to be in the game, scheduled for January 24, 2015.

http://www.seniorbowl.com/news-highlight...p?news=237
11-10-2014 05:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cnyrocketfan Offline
Legend

RE: 2015 College Football All-Star games
Fourteen more players have agreed to play in the Senior Bowl, including one who plays for the RedHawks.

http://www.seniorbowl.com/news-highlight...p?news=241
11-21-2014 03:56 PM
cnyrocketfan Offline
Legend

Here's a link to a list of the players who have agreed to play in the 2015 East-West Shrine Game to date, including Central Michigan's Titus Davis.

http://shrinegame.com/Teams/Acceptances
11-21-2014 04:13 PM
cnyrocketfan Offline
Legend

As has been mentioned elsewhere, Greg Mancz will be representing UT in the East-West Shrine Game on January 17th, at 4 Eastern on the NFL Network. Greg will be on the West squad, wearing #75. On the roster on the game website Greg is identified as coming from "Toledo University". I must be having a flashback to the sixties. 01-wingedeagle

http://www.shrinegame.com/Teams/westRosterNew

Also mentioned in another thread is that Jeremiah Detmer will be in the NFLPA Collegiate All-Star game, also on the 17th at 4 Eastern on ESPN2.

Assuming I haven't misread something again and the games are actually at the same time, that's some interesting scheduling.

Now for the important question. Which helmet logo will the guys wear? 05-stirthepot
01-05-2015 09:24 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Mancz is second team All American and it takes that long for him to be selected to an all star game? Maybe the injury had something to do with it. I wonder if he will play. If I was him, I would not play in the game unless he is 100%. Nothing to gain and a lot to lose.
01-05-2015 02:17 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

Mancz playing in the Shrine game was announced back at the beginning of December.
01-05-2015 06:14 PM
Advertisement

Babes boy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(01-05-2015 09:24 AM)cnyrocketfan Wrote:  As has been mentioned elsewhere, Greg Mancz will be representing UT in the East-West Shrine Game on January 17th, at 4 Eastern on the NFL Network. Greg will be on the West squad, wearing #75. On the roster on the game website Greg is identified as coming from "Toledo University". I must be having a flashback to the sixties. :wingedeagle:Didn't they say the same thing last year. I remember someone said TU instead of UT
http://www.shrinegame.com/Teams/westRosterNew

Also mentioned in another thread is that Jeremiah Detmer will be in the NFLPA Collegiate All-Star game, also on the 17th at 4 Eastern on ESPN2.

Assuming I haven't misread something again and the games are actually at the same time, that's some interesting scheduling.

Now for the important question. Which helmet logo will the guys wear? 05-stirthepot
01-05-2015 08:31 PM
tolfbfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo/Browns
(01-05-2015 02:17 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  Mancz is second team All American and it takes that long for him to be selected to an all star game? Maybe the injury had something to do with it. I wonder if he will play. If I was him, I would not play in the game unless he is 100%. Nothing to gain and a lot to lose.

There is allot to gain at the Senior Bowl if he eventually is selected. He really wants to participate in the week of activities with NFL teams. His draft status can shoot upward if he performs well. Otherwise it has been suggested that at best he may go 5-7 round. Worst case signed by a team. Most think he will be drafted. He is already at training complex in Florida getting prepared for Combine testing. Not sure if the East /West Bowl affects draft status much.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 01:09 PM by tolfbfan.)
01-06-2015 01:08 PM
TampaRocket Offline
Heisman

(01-06-2015 01:08 PM)tolfbfan Wrote:  
(01-05-2015 02:17 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  Mancz is second team All American and it takes that long for him to be selected to an all star game? Maybe the injury had something to do with it. I wonder if he will play. If I was him, I would not play in the game unless he is 100%. Nothing to gain and a lot to lose.

There is allot to gain at the Senior Bowl if he eventually is selected. He really wants to participate in the week of activities with NFL teams. His draft status can shoot upward if he performs well. Otherwise it has been suggested that at best he may go 5-7 round. Worst case signed by a team. Most think he will be drafted. He is already at training complex in Florida getting prepared for Combine testing. Not sure if the East /West Bowl affects draft status much.

Any idea where he's training in Florida. The place I train at in Tampa is expecting around 15 players to start prepping for the combine / draft. Last year, Sammy Watkins prepared there.
01-06-2015 08:14 PM
tolfbfan Offline
Special Teams

Any idea where he's training in Florida. The place I train at in Tampa is expecting around 15 players to start prepping for the combine / draft. Last year, Sammy Watkins prepared there.
[/quote]

I can't remember for sure but I think he told me Pensicola, Fl. But the more I think about it, it may of been Tampa. I am thinking about going to NFL combine and support Greg. Hope to see others there.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2015 01:26 PM by tolfbfan.)
01-07-2015 01:25 PM
TampaRocket Offline
Heisman

(01-07-2015 01:25 PM)tolfbfan Wrote:  Any idea where he's training in Florida. The place I train at in Tampa is expecting around 15 players to start prepping for the combine / draft. Last year, Sammy Watkins prepared there.

I can't remember for sure but I think he told me Pensicola, Fl. But the more I think about it, it may of been Tampa. I am thinking about going to NFL combine and support Greg. Hope to see others there.
[/quote]

Thanks Tolfbfan...The place I go to is called Performance Compound...started by a guy that used to run the program at IMG Academy...same guy who happens to be Derek Jeter's trainer. Anyhow, it would be cool to see him in there...always nice to meet another FB Alum. I'll ask the trainers if they are working with Greg. I just left there and there were a couple of college guys working out...one being Leon Orr from Florida (think he was the DT #8 when we played last year)...he's a big boy. I'm 6'5 225 and felt like a little kid next to him.04-jawdrop
01-07-2015 02:33 PM
Advertisement

tolfbfan Offline
Special Teams

Found out it is Pensicola. To bad. That would of been fun for you. I will keep you posted ad I hear anything. ROADTRIP To Indy???? LOL
01-07-2015 04:08 PM
TampaRocket Offline
Heisman

(01-07-2015 04:08 PM)tolfbfan Wrote:  Found out it is Pensicola. To bad. That would of been fun for you. I will keep you posted ad I hear anything. ROADTRIP To Indy???? LOL

Bummer...oh well, at least he had a short trip from Mobile. Thanks for the info & enjoy Indy.
01-07-2015 08:35 PM
cnyrocketfan Offline
Legend

05-bump

Just a reminder that the East-West Shrine Game (Greg Mancz is playing) and the NFLPA Bowl (with Jeremiah Detmer) are on Saturday, the 17th. Both games are at 4 Eastern, for some reason.

East-West Shrine Game is on the NFL Network and the NFLPA Bowl is on ESPN2.
01-16-2015 04:17 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

Junior Sylvestre selected to play in the College Gridiron Showcase. Never heard of it before... but good for him.
http://www.collegegridironshowcase.com/
01-16-2015 06:04 PM
cnyrocketfan Offline
Legend

Didn't get his name mentioned (or if it was mentioned, I didn't hear it) but Jeremiah Detmer just kicked an extra point for the National team in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl.

But his name was mentioned on the following kickoff (which went for a touchback).

National team leads the American team 7-0.
01-17-2015 04:27 PM
Advertisement

Rocket A Offline
Heisman

Detmer just hit a 33yd FG.
01-17-2015 05:07 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
Just flipped it on and first play was a nice pass break up on 3rd and 1 by the wmu defensive back
01-17-2015 05:24 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
Mancz didn't play due to a shoulder injury, according the Channel 13.
01-17-2015 11:38 PM
tolfbfan Offline
Special Teams

(01-17-2015 11:38 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  Mancz didn't play due to a shoulder injury, according the Channel 13.

That is accurate. Route to NFL will be alittle different than everyone expected.
01-18-2015 05:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.