Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sign UAB's petition
Bookmark and Share
the Dragon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
Sign UAB's petition
Sorry if this has been posted, but I didn't see it on here.

If you are so inclined, please help us make a statement to save UAB Football. Sign this online petition. Thanks!

Continue UAB Football
11-09-2014 05:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
RE: Sign UAB's petition
(11-09-2014 05:55 PM)the Dragon Wrote:  Sorry if this has been posted, but I didn't see it on here.

If you are so inclined, please help us make a statement to save UAB Football. Sign this online petition. Thanks!

Continue UAB Football

Yeah there's a thread 30 posts long or so. We have signed it. But it doesn't hurt to bump or repost for the cause.
11-09-2014 08:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tigermaniac Offline
BBB Enthusiast

I Root For: Memphis/Army
This is on the Memphis board too. A lot of us have already signed and even more will.

Goodluck!
11-10-2014 12:30 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
I am asking ALL C-USA fans to please sign.

Also please share with your respective boards.

Thank You!
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2014 09:49 AM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
11-10-2014 09:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
Petition is making local news and being directed to the IPetition site. This is very good.
11-10-2014 10:24 AM
Digi368 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Runners
Signed
11-10-2014 03:35 PM
Advertisement

austinniner Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Charlotte
(11-10-2014 03:35 PM)Digi368 Wrote:  Signed

signed
11-10-2014 04:57 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
(11-10-2014 09:20 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  I am asking ALL C-USA fans to please sign.

Also please share with your respective boards.

Thank You!

Ditto. Our Football program's back is literally against the wall at this time, the executioners have the guillotine at the ready and our "heroes" are conspicuous by their silence. I can't explain in words how devastating this will be for me personally if this happens. I am so livid right now. As for that (bleeping) ua board of mistrustees? A curse on all their houses if they shut our football program down, especially when it's actually starting to enjoy some success on the field and corporate support off of it. This is not a (bleeping) coincidence! This is on purpose, and their purpose is very clear where UAB Football is concerned. I'm asking every Conference USA fan that hangs out at this forum to please tender a signature on that petition. For as Seals & Crofts sing...."we may never pass this way again." It's that (bleeping) serious.
11-10-2014 08:28 PM
Deuce Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTSA
Signed.
11-11-2014 08:45 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Thank you everyone, please push this.
11-11-2014 11:15 AM
TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB Football
Signed. Best of luck to you UAB fans. You deserve to have a football team.04-cheers
11-11-2014 08:30 PM
Advertisement

Searching59 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UTEP
(11-09-2014 05:55 PM)the Dragon Wrote:  Sorry if this has been posted, but I didn't see it on here.

Continue UAB Football

done...
11-16-2014 02:27 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-10-2014 12:30 AM)Tigermaniac Wrote:  This is on the Memphis board too. A lot of us have already signed and even more will.

Goodluck!

Thank you, TM. UM's looking good on the gridiron this year...It's what can happen when you have real support , and not a bunch of bureaucratic Nazis sabotaging everything you try to do to get better.
11-18-2014 12:06 AM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-11-2014 08:30 PM)TheEastisPurple Wrote:  Signed. Best of luck to you UAB fans. You deserve to have a football team.04-cheers

Thank you...Love that East Carolina gameday atmosphere...As for here, you think it's ugly now, let these bastards kill our football program, and watch what fans and boosters do next.
11-18-2014 12:09 AM
untgeorge Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Don't you need a fund raising campaign more than a petition? The university provides more funds to athletics than any other CUSA school by several million dollars and the funds its provides is a bigger % of the total athletic budget.
If I were a regent and concerned about the financial viability of UAB athletics I would not be impressed by petitions signed by people from Texas and Tennessee and Florida, etc. I would be more impressed about the intent of UAB fans to support the program financially.
11-18-2014 10:57 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
What numbers are you looking at? From what I've seen UAB subsidies are 64%.

FIU is 77%
MTSU is almost 71%
Charlotte is almost 70%
FAU is 67%

I agree this isn't ideal, but UAB is still a very young university and the football program has no history. I didn't agree with the petition because I thought what is happening might just happen. It is my understanding that a lot of money has come in, and the president and/or BOT don't care at the moment.
11-18-2014 11:45 AM
Advertisement

untgeorge Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(11-18-2014 11:45 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  What numbers are you looking at? From what I've seen UAB subsidies are 64%.

FIU is 77%
MTSU is almost 71%
Charlotte is almost 70%
FAU is 67%

I agree this isn't ideal, but UAB is still a very young university and the football program has no history. I didn't agree with the petition because I thought what is happening might just happen. It is my understanding that a lot of money has come in, and the president and/or BOT don't care at the moment.

The %s you are looking at include student fees. The numbers I was referring to is university contribution only. Your student fees are actually quite low compared to others. If a board member wants to reduce university's cost, it looks at the university contribution only. Now I don't know if that is what they want to do, it may not be. But a petition is not a cure, money is.
11-18-2014 04:05 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
Again, we had the money for some things and they wouldn't approve the use. I agree with the premise of what you are saying, but you have no idea what kind of idiots we are dealing with.

A petition with under 4,000 signatures has done absolutely no good though.
11-18-2014 04:29 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Thank you for everyone. Please sign if you have not done so. While one petition alone does no good alone, it goes with all our combined efforts both publicly and what is going on out of the public eye.

BTW we are not allowed to raise funds for UAB football per the president and the BOT. This is why we finally created the Football Foundation and already have commitments for $10 million dollars for an indoor practice facility. We are doing this outside the University envelope.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2014 05:40 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
11-18-2014 05:39 PM
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
Signed.

Good Luck to UAB
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2014 02:00 PM by gotigers1.)
11-19-2014 02:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.