WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Zach Terrell
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I Root For: WMU
Zach Terrell
This morning, he is the 10th highest rated QB in FBS.

He has the 5th highest completion percentage, and is tied with ND's QB at #21 in passing yards.

He is getting better and better and better. He's a soph. Two more years??
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 08:40 AM by Hiller4Hyz09.)
11-02-2014 08:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Broncobelt Offline
All American

RE: Zach Terrell
I'm very pleased with Zach's play. He looked the best of the three QB's in fall camp and just keeps getting better. I can see him finishing his career as the starter.
11-02-2014 10:47 AM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

The way ZT has handled the offense this year, Chance Stewart really has work cut out for him.
11-02-2014 11:28 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

How about that throw to Fabian Johnson
11-02-2014 01:19 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
(11-02-2014 11:28 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  The way ZT has handled the offense this year, Chance Stewart really has work cut out for him.

You can never have enough depth at QB. One big hit and it's next man in.

I watched Wassink the other night on Sports Highlights. The guy brings an interesting dimension. Nothing is going to get handed to Stewart. I think he'll be on the field next year, but maybe not as a QB.
11-02-2014 01:37 PM
Cant make this sh t up Offline
2nd String

I will be the first to admit that I was not sure that Terrell was the answer. BUT, he has surely matured and has become the leader of our Offense. I think "coaching" and the fact that Fleck has shown confidence in many of these young kids has been huge in their development.
So Fleck can recruit, can coach, and now can develop players? WOW...
11-02-2014 02:02 PM
Advertisement

NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
(11-02-2014 11:28 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  The way ZT has handled the offense this year, Chance Stewart really has work cut out for him.

+1...4* going to sit for -2- more years. ZT can play.
11-02-2014 02:33 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
I think a lot of coaches are comfortable with players who know the system, and for that reason are overly cautious when it comes playing freshmen who may have more talent.

In Flecks case everyone was new to the system so he could afford to take risks with the freshmen. Eventually he'll become a system guy too.
11-02-2014 04:55 PM
Cucumber Salad Offline
1st String

(11-02-2014 01:19 PM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  How about that throw to Fabian Johnson

An even better catch!

Would like to see #3 tote the pigskin some. Chance like and wouldn't telegraph a pass play every time.
11-05-2014 09:16 PM
The Colonel Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU Broncos
I would also like to see a little more Fabian Johnson. He's done a good job overall when he's been in the game.
11-05-2014 11:54 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

This morning, ZT is #4 in the country in completion percentage and QB rating.
11-23-2014 09:49 AM
Advertisement

MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Question for those who were at the game yesterday.

How windy was it? Did the wind affect either of ZT's two picks, or were they just a bad decision/lousy throw?

While he threw two picks, he also delivered several balls in the perfect spot right in stride to CD, and DB. I've been quite impressed this season with his development. Having good protection from the OL really helped.

Next year's camp will be really interesting to watch the battle for starting QB.

Before we knew what kind of offense PJ and staff were going to be running, remember how many of us LOL'ed when PJ said he wanted ZT's completion % at 70 or above?
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014 01:12 PM by MileHighBronco.)
11-23-2014 01:10 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

The first one was definitely a bad decision. Second might have been the wind, who knows.

I can't imagine there would be too much suspense in the QB battle next year after the season Terrell is putting together.
11-23-2014 01:15 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(11-23-2014 01:10 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Before we knew what kind of offense PJ and staff were going to be running, remember how many of us LOL'ed when PJ said he wanted ZT's completion % at 70 or above?

After yesterday's game, Terrell's completion percentage is exactly 70.03% (208/297).

04-clap2
11-23-2014 01:15 PM
stdatwmu Offline
All American

(11-23-2014 01:15 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  
(11-23-2014 01:10 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Before we knew what kind of offense PJ and staff were going to be running, remember how many of us LOL'ed when PJ said he wanted ZT's completion % at 70 or above?

After yesterday's game, Terrell's completion percentage is exactly 70.03% (208/297).

04-clap2

Not so insanely unachievable for a season after all, eh?

He's been money.

As for the first pick yesterday, I agree with what many said on the game thread - it was the right spot for Davis, but the wrong spot for the rest of the WR corps.
11-23-2014 02:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Just like we need to be realistic about the fact that our run this year coincides with a MAC that is down, we need to realize that many of those completed passes are really running plays with a short toss to get them started and get our guys out into space.

Still, 70% is not easy to achieve. Well done, Zach.
11-23-2014 02:04 PM
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(11-23-2014 02:04 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Just like we need to be realistic about the fact that our run this year coincides with a MAC that is down, we need to realize that many of those completed passes are really running plays with a short toss to get them started and get our guys out into space.

Still, 70% is not easy to achieve. Well done, Zach.

Very much agree with this. Perhaps Fleck took the short sweeps into account with his statement in the beginning of the year... but still, Terrell has been getting progressively better with his reads and his accuracy all year long.

There was a play in the second quarter to Daniel Braverman (set up our first score I think) that I don't think he makes such a perfect throw a year ago.
11-23-2014 03:13 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I really, really liked Alex Carder, thought at one point he was the best QB in the state. But Zach Terrell is better. Terrell can manage the game, knows where the receivers will be, and can slip it to the receiver in traffic. Only really bad throws was the first INT vs CMU, the INT vs Purdue, and the INT vs Murray St. That's it. You almost never see him overthrow the receiver either.

Kudos to the O-Line though in giving him lots of time.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014 03:18 PM by Bronco'14.)
11-23-2014 03:17 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

ZT finished the year SMACK DAB at 70% completion. Crazy. Good for 3rd highest completion percentage in the country.
11-29-2014 06:34 PM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

He still locks in on initial reads and is slow in going to the second. Hasn't been an issue because of the time the line gave him all year, but it was in the 2nd half yesterday. A man in his 50's could have broke on the ball that got picked and thrown to Davis.

I'm not saying Terrell is bad. In fact, he is very good and performed better than most of us could imagine. But I guarantee Fleck is opening the job up for competition next year.

I'm excited to see Stewart's and Thomas' progression, and if it is enough to truly push Terrell. The more competition, the better.
11-29-2014 06:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.