WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

November bowl implications - who to root for/against
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
November bowl implications - who to root for/against
Bowl Eligible
East Carolina, Florida St., Clemson, Boston College, Louisville, Duke, Georgia Tech, Miami, Kansas St., TCU, Baylor, West Virginia, Oklahoma, MSU, Ohio St., Maryland, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Marshall, Louisiana Tech, WMU, CMU, NIU, Nevada, Colorado St., Boise St., Air Force, Oregon, Utah, UCLA, USC, Arizona, Arizona St., Missouri, Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi St., Texas A&M, and Georgia Southern (45).

Mathematically Eliminated
Tulsa, SMU, UMass, Miami, Kent St., EMU, Hawaii, UNLV, Washington St., Colorado, New Mexico St., Idaho, Troy, and Georgia State (14).

Teams that are on the verge of being knocked out
South Florida, Tulane, UConn, Purdue, Army, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Texas Tech, Kansas, Iowa St., FAU, FIU, Old Dominion, UTSA, Southern Miss., North Texas, Fresno St., and Vanderbilt (18).

All teams listed above have 6 losses, games left on the schedule that they will most likely lose, and one more loss knocks each of them completely out of the division race (so no 6-7 bowl eligible possibilities)

So that leaves a total of 51 teams out there left in the mix fighting for 31 spots.

Key games next week (bold means we root for them to win):
NIU @ Ball St.
Buffalo @ Ohio
Utah St. @ Wyoming
Wisconsin @ Purdue
Penn St. @ Indiana
UTSA @ Rice
Duke @ Syracuse
Tulane @ Houston
West Virginia @ Texas
UTEP @ WKU
Marshall @ Southern Miss.
Florida @ Vanderbilt
San Jose St. @ Fresno St.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 08:16 AM by Hoekjeness.)
11-02-2014 08:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

RE: November bowl implications - who to root for/against
I missed this game
11-02-2014 09:48 AM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
There's 76 bowl openings (including the final 4 teams in two bowls) -- for 38 teams.

We will have Zero worries at 7-5. If we're somehow 6-6, then we have to worry.

CMU will go 7-5/8-4
NIU will go 8-4, 7-5 at the lowest
Toledo will go 7-5/8-4
WMU will go 7-5/8-4
BGSU will go 7-5

Akron (or possibly Ohio) will go 6-6 and be the odd man out. They will have to worry.

I just hope the ACC beats up on each other and has more 5-7 teams than 6-6 at the bottom of their pile. That would open up a Detroit Bowl for the MAC against a little Big Ten team.

Maybe WMU vs a 6-6 Michigan? That would be sweet.
11-02-2014 11:01 AM
westernwilly Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army
(11-02-2014 11:01 AM)toddjnsn Wrote:  There's 76 bowl openings (including the final 4 teams in two bowls) -- for 38 teams.

CMU will go 7-5/8-4
Toledo will go 7-5/8-4
WMU will go 7-5/8-4
BGSU will go 7-5

Akron (or possibly Ohio) will go 6-6 and be the odd man out. They will have to worry.

I just hope the ACC beats up on each other and has more 5-7 teams than 6-6 at the bottom of their pile. That would open up a Detroit Bowl for the MAC against a little Big Ten team.

They would never accept.
They only way that the only way that those UofM snobs would play us is if it were the national championship game and this would never happen......because Michigan SUCKS! 03-cool
11-02-2014 11:23 AM
arrows80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MSU, CMU
Nice work.

One minor correction - Georgia Southern technically isn't bowl eligible this year, though they're working to change that.
11-02-2014 11:49 AM
Montana Bronco Offline
Water Engineer

I refuse, under any circumstances, to root for Marshall.
11-02-2014 11:52 AM
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
(11-02-2014 11:01 AM)toddjnsn Wrote:  There's 76 bowl openings (including the final 4 teams in two bowls) -- for 38 teams.

CMU will go 7-5/8-4
Toledo will go 7-5/8-4
WMU will go 7-5/8-4
BGSU will go 7-5

Bowls are about money. Even at 6-6 lots of bowls would take scUM just because their dopy fans would travel to see them.
11-02-2014 12:01 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(11-02-2014 09:48 AM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  I missed this game

04-cheers
11-02-2014 01:12 PM
Bronco'14 Online
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Not rooting for NIU over Ball St the way we're making a push for the MACC.
11-02-2014 01:40 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(11-02-2014 01:40 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  Not rooting for NIU over Ball St the way we're making a push for the MACC.

If we beat NIU at home like we should, then we shouldn't have to worry about this game. But at this point, I want to knock out as many 5 and 6 loss teams as possible. If that means within our own conference to improve our odds, then so be it.
11-02-2014 02:00 PM
goldsworth Offline
1st String

(11-02-2014 11:49 AM)arrows80 Wrote:  Nice work.

One minor correction - Georgia Southern technically isn't bowl eligible this year, though they're working to change that.

hey Arrow 80 are you from Dearborn or did you go to high school in Dearborn?
11-02-2014 02:02 PM
Advertisement

The Colonel Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(11-02-2014 11:52 AM)Montana Bronco Wrote:  I refuse, under any circumstances, to root for Marshall.

I am rooting for anyone against Marshall until they lose. I don't want to see Marshall end up getting the G5 bid to a major bowl game.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 02:35 PM by The Colonel.)
11-02-2014 02:35 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:One minor correction - Georgia Southern technically isn't bowl eligible this year, though they're working to change that.

Good eye, Arrows. I would say NOT let them in -- unless there's a lack of teams. Total bottom-preference. Only if they run out of 6-6 teams, IMO. Asking to change the rules to be More than just a potential filler for a bowl would be ridiculous, IMO.

Quote:I refuse, under any circumstances, to root for Marshall.

I did when they were in the MAC and playing P5 teams. I root for them now, because, well, it's just against pesky CUSA teams -- and I'd like to see how well an undefeated Marshall would do against a power P5. :) Talk about going from 0-60!

However, I WILL root against Marshall in the ending part of the season if things are layed out that WE would very possibly play them in a bowl. I'd rather have that.

However, if Marshall gets beat out by Colorado State, or loses 1 game but stomps the rest as they have -- they're going to that Texas Bowl -- a bigger one than ours vs CUSA. So I'm not expecting to be in position to root against them to play them. :)

Quote:But at this point, I want to knock out as many 5 and 6 loss teams as possible. If that means within our own conference to improve our odds, then so be it.

If we beat EMU -- our odds are a 100% LOCK (going 7-5 at worst). So no need to root against 5/6 loss teams in our own conference to make even us look bad indirectly, to some extent. :)

Quote:Bowls are about money. Even at 6-6 lots of bowls would take scUM just because their dopy fans would travel to see them.

True -- and UM's Athletic Director was fired/quit, so I can't use the "but their AD makes bone-headed decisions all the time, tho!". Depends on how things play out, but 7+ W teams in your conference will get auto-preference over 6-6 teams no matter what. So Minnesota will get higher preference than a 6-6 UM, even if that bowl wanted UM instead. UM I think would go if all other 'better' ones were already filled by 7+ W teams. I can't see them being snobs to deny going to it. It's in their back yard (little to no travel costs), and it'd be sold out with WMU & UM fans -- which still brings in a good amt of money in the end by cost-savings and seat-filling.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 02:38 PM by toddjnsn.)
11-02-2014 02:36 PM
arrows80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MSU, CMU
(11-02-2014 02:02 PM)goldsworth Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 11:49 AM)arrows80 Wrote:  Nice work.

hey Arrow 80 are you from Dearborn or did you go to high school in Dearborn?

No on both counts.
11-02-2014 04:45 PM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
(11-02-2014 11:23 AM)westernwilly Wrote:  

CMU will go 7-5/8-4
Toledo will go 7-5/8-4
WMU will go 7-5/8-4
BGSU will go 7-5

They would never accept.
They only way that the only way that those UofM snobs would play us is if it were the national championship game and this would never happen......because Michigan SUCKS! 03-cool

I was thinking of this exact scenario over the weekend. You're right, they would never accept a lowly bowl against a directional school. Especially when they might lose!
11-03-2014 12:28 PM
thegeneral Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU, OU
Hell, just being able to say u.m. turned down a bowl game against us is almost better than actually playing that game.
11-03-2014 01:44 PM
Advertisement

toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:I was thinking of this exact scenario over the weekend. You're right, they would never accept a lowly bowl against a directional school. Especially when they might lose!

I don't think so. I think maybe if they fired Hoke they may say "We don't want to go to any bowls", when being at 6-6, they'd be playing a mid-major or another 6-6 P5 team.

But to get a win to go 7-6, above .500 for the year? I think they would. It's in their backyard, and again, it will be a near sellout crowd with WMU + UM fans in Detroit (and others).

I don't think we'd beat UM. We could, don't get me wrong. But basically, they're like VT (who we lost to). Strong-as-hell-D, poor O -- even though they have potential on O. It's just that Garner will throw an INT to make up for a good drive he puts together.

I'd love to see it though. I don't think they'd fear losing to us. And it'd bring in $$. And put them over .500 in their minds.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 05:35 PM by toddjnsn.)
11-03-2014 03:33 PM
Cant make this sh t up Offline
2nd String

(11-02-2014 08:15 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  Bowl Eligible
East Carolina, Florida St., Clemson, Boston College, Louisville, Duke, Georgia Tech, Miami, Kansas St., TCU, Baylor, West Virginia, Oklahoma, MSU, Ohio St., Maryland, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Marshall, Louisiana Tech, WMU, CMU, NIU, Nevada, Colorado St., Boise St., Air Force, Oregon, Utah, UCLA, USC, Arizona, Arizona St., Missouri, Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi St., Texas A&M, and Georgia Southern (45).

Mathematically Eliminated
Tulsa, SMU, UMass, Miami, Kent St., EMU, Hawaii, UNLV, Washington St., Colorado, New Mexico St., Idaho, Troy, and Georgia State (14).

Teams that are on the verge of being knocked out
South Florida, Tulane, UConn, Purdue, Army, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Texas Tech, Kansas, Iowa St., FAU, FIU, Old Dominion, UTSA, Southern Miss., North Texas, Fresno St., and Vanderbilt (18).

All teams listed above have 6 losses, games left on the schedule that they will most likely lose, and one more loss knocks each of them completely out of the division race (so no 6-7 bowl eligible possibilities)

So that leaves a total of 51 teams out there left in the mix fighting for 31 spots.

Key games next week (bold means we root for them to win):
NIU @ Ball St.
Buffalo @ Ohio
Utah St. @ Wyoming
Wisconsin @ Purdue
Penn St. @ Indiana
UTSA @ Rice
Duke @ Syracuse
Tulane @ Houston
West Virginia @ Texas
UTEP @ WKU
Marshall @ Southern Miss.
Florida @ Vanderbilt
San Jose St. @ Fresno St.

I agree nice work. You must be retired, or I need to find a job like yours.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 04:29 PM by Cant make this sh t up.)
11-03-2014 04:28 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(11-03-2014 04:28 PM)Cant make this sh t up Wrote:  You must be retired, or I need to find a job like yours.

I work 8-5 weekdays (some evenings)... but you'll notice the time stamp says Sunday at 10:15 a.m. This is just the type of thing I enjoy doing on the weekends while watching football.
11-04-2014 12:44 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:I work 8-5 weekdays

I think that's going to be WMU's final record. Coincidence? I think not...
11-04-2014 12:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.