Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So lets talk about UAB @ FAU...
Bookmark and Share
AnimeBlazer Away
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB
So lets talk about UAB @ FAU...
The Blazer faithful are losing faith and milling around because of our QB situation. Before the golden calf comes out, I'd just like to say that I don't think it's the end of the world.

Cody may still play this weekend, and if he doesn't I still think we can make a game of it.

I caught your game up at Marsha and had my suspicions confirmed (that FAU is playing good ball).

I look forward to a good game. For us anyway it's damn near critical.

Go Blazers!
10-30-2014 09:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

owlcountry40 Offline
1st String

I Root For: FAU
RE: So lets talk about UAB @ FAU...
Whats your passing game like FAU has played pretty good against run other then Big plays. 75% Percent of there running yards came on 4 plays other then that they weren't gashing for 7 yards a pop.
How's your run D FAU is defiantly a power run team.
We are also real good at home the team plays well of the good student atmosphere that's been there this year.
10-30-2014 09:58 AM
AnimeBlazer Away
Special Teams

Generally speaking our passing game has been what I would call 'inconsistently dangerous'. Dangerous to both ourselves and others. 03-lol

Against you guys though I think whichever QB we end up playing we are going to try and put together sustained drives with a heavy dose of the run from our two backs Howard and Vinson. Short passes mixed in. Expect the occasional long ball from both but I would think more so from Cody. Briscoe only if we get in the hole. He's just too inexperienced and inconsistent right now.

Our defense is actually pretty doggone good. If we can get away with not having to bring too many mens up our secondary can manage. If we have to rob Peter to pay Paul though you'll make your plays in the air.

Bottom line as I see it: If you stop our run you win this game. If you can't stop our run we are in this game. If you really have trouble with our run it's going to be a long day for you. We are going to have to run to open the pass. And carefully pass at that when it happens. If it happens.

How is your secondary?
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2014 10:38 AM by AnimeBlazer.)
10-30-2014 10:37 AM
goliath74 Online

I Root For: FAU, FSU
Our secondary is pretty good. DBs will do well in man coverage. Our problem is our front and our LBs might be susceptible to run, which causes these long runs like the ones Marshall cut our defense up with. Our secondary might also be good at creating turnovers. I know that UAB had suffered greatly at the hands of FIU for exactly that reason. But we also suffered the same way at FIU (except that our poinson is not INTs - we fumble, a lot). We are prone to fumble the ball in our running game.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2014 10:43 AM by goliath74.)
10-30-2014 10:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AnimeBlazer Away
Special Teams

(10-30-2014 10:42 AM)goliath74 Wrote:  Our secondary is pretty good. DBs will do well in man coverage. Our problem is our front and our LBs might be susceptible to run, which causes these long runs like the ones Marshall cut our defense up with. Our secondary might also be good at creating turnovers. I know that UAB had suffered greatly at the hands of FIU for exactly that reason. But we also suffered the same way at FIU (except that our poinson is not INTs - we fumble, a lot). We are prone to fumble the ball in our running game.

I noticed an unbalance in your LBs on those big gashing Marsha runs. Each time Marsha just ran where you weren't. What was up with that?

I couldn't see anything in Marshall's set which would suggest an overload to one side... But I'm no football expert by any means. One of your defensive ends need help or something? It just struck me as odd and I pointed it out each time to my wife saying "they are going over there" before the play was even run.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2014 10:54 AM by AnimeBlazer.)
10-30-2014 10:44 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
If Howard and Vinson can hit holes UAB should be able to beat one of the F_Us. Their secondary plays to far off the ball to have run support.

I hope UAB beats the snot out of the whiney Owls.
10-30-2014 10:53 AM
Advertisement

MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
FAU blocks a game winning FG and wins the upset.
10-30-2014 11:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
They've done that before :(
10-30-2014 11:11 AM
owlcountry40 Offline
1st String

(10-30-2014 10:53 AM)HerdZoned Wrote:  If Howard and Vinson can hit holes UAB should be able to beat one of the F_Us. Their secondary plays to far off the ball to have run support.

You know nothing about X's and O's you should
Stop watching football it's not your thing.
You just don't want to admit we are way better then you thought or your just not that good.
10-30-2014 11:39 AM
owlcountry40 Offline
1st String

FAU will win this one by double digits.
10-30-2014 11:43 AM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
An FAU smack talker. Now that's a hoot.
10-30-2014 11:48 AM
Advertisement

FAUAEPi Offline
1st String

(10-30-2014 10:53 AM)HerdZoned Wrote:  If Howard and Vinson can hit holes UAB should be able to beat one of the F_Us. Their secondary plays to far off the ball to have run support.

Says the guy who came to a thread that has nothing to do with Marshall and just game me -3 rep for being an FAU fan. 03-lmfao IF I didn't know better, you might be the 14 year old kid who called me a ****** on Twitter for using #BeatMarshall during the game on Saturday. I mean, you seem as mature as him.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2014 12:18 PM by FAUAEPi.)
10-30-2014 12:02 PM
FAUAEPi Offline
1st String

(10-30-2014 11:07 AM)MU ATO Wrote:  FAU blocks a game winning FG and wins the upset.

My first game as an FAU student. 03-drunk

Now for this year... this should be a good game. I'm worried about the two RBs, as we have shown that we're unable to stop the run throughout all 4 quarters. I think the key is to dictate the pace of the game. All 4 games UAB has won, the've scored more than 40 points. If we have similar ball control/TOP as the Marshall game, then I'll like our chances. FAU is also undefeated at home for over a year now, but we won't have the heat and humidity help us. Kickoff temps looking like to mid to low 60s, aka FREEZING TEMPS!! CLOSE DOWN THE SCHOOLS!!!

Here is a podcast amongst FAU fans, that I was invited to speak on this week. The UAB discussion began around 8:20.

I wish I had an opportunity to give Bill Clark his due, he's a serious CUSA COY candidate IMHO. And I forgot to mention that my prediction is based on Briscoe starting. If Clements gets the nod, then I have this as a 40-34 UAB victory.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2014 12:30 PM by FAUAEPi.)
10-30-2014 12:17 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
I hope TECH coaches are gonna DVR this game as it could give us some insight on how best to play UAB. I doubt there is much tape on your new QB
10-30-2014 12:53 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Lol at the smack talker. Double digits? We will see. I know FAU folks have this in ink as an easy win but I still have it penciled in as a toss up that we can win. I guess that is why you play the game any way. Everyone has us in ink as a win so every game we have nothing to lose. I'll be there in person.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2014 12:55 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
10-30-2014 12:54 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

Its gonna be a great game to watch IMHO. Bowl implications abound for both teams.
10-30-2014 12:59 PM
Advertisement

BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
(10-30-2014 11:07 AM)MU ATO Wrote:  FAU blocks a game winning FG and wins the upset.

Is it really an upset if the favorite wins?
10-30-2014 01:47 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I'm hopeful that both these teams are bowl eligble. However, FAU is not on our schedule and UAB needs two wins so I'll be rooting for them to win this weekend.
10-30-2014 01:56 PM
goliath74 Online

(10-30-2014 10:44 AM)AnimeBlazer Wrote:  
(10-30-2014 10:42 AM)goliath74 Wrote:  Our secondary is pretty good. DBs will do well in man coverage. Our problem is our front and our LBs might be susceptible to run, which causes these long runs like the ones Marshall cut our defense up with. Our secondary might also be good at creating turnovers. I know that UAB had suffered greatly at the hands of FIU for exactly that reason. But we also suffered the same way at FIU (except that our poinson is not INTs - we fumble, a lot). We are prone to fumble the ball in our running game.

I noticed an unbalance in your LBs on those big gashing Marsha runs. Each time Marsha just ran where you weren't. What was up with that?

I couldn't see anything in Marshall's set which would suggest an overload to one side... But I'm no football expert by any means. One of your defensive ends need help or something? It just struck me as odd and I pointed it out each time to my wife saying "they are going over there" before the play was even run.

We have returned no starters among our LBs, so they are a sore spot. The problem with all those long runs is that Marshall had used the schemes FAU weren't prepared for with a pulling tackle instead of a pulling guard. Our staff hadn't seen Marshall do it before and this effectively causes the OLB at the point of attack to be put in a disadvantageous position.

Add to it the fact that FAU hadn't really stopped the run the whole season, which caused almost everyone to be in the box (unless in a one-on-one with a WR), and as soon as Marshall's RB broke through the line he would have faced no one the rest of the way. When SS Daniel Parms plugged the wrong hole, it was off to the races.
10-30-2014 02:21 PM
goliath74 Online

(10-30-2014 12:54 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Lol at the smack talker. Double digits? We will see. I know FAU folks have this in ink as an easy win but I still have it penciled in as a toss up that we can win. I guess that is why you play the game any way. Everyone has us in ink as a win so every game we have nothing to lose. I'll be there in person.

Aside from rolling Tulsa, FAU was not involved in any easy wins and I do not expect that to change. But this game we absolutely have to have if we are to become bowl-eligible.
10-30-2014 02:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.