WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Flush breakdown - HOMECOMING - Ohio
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
Flush breakdown - HOMECOMING - Ohio
I decided to make the trip to Kalamazoo on Saturday from GR to see this game... and to be back on campus for Homecoming. I made another decision on Friday to swing down to pick up my tickets from will call so as to avoid the crowds on Saturday morning...

Friday the campus was buzzing... I headed up to the bookstore in the Bernhard Center and was pleasantly surprised at the apparel options! They even gave alumni a homecoming discout percent for every year its been since you graduated... thank you extra 14% discount! They indicated that the largest discount they had givent that day was 66%.. AWESOME! Even on friday I could tell teh campus was littered with alumni. Of course I had to make my way to bell's on my way out of town... delicious!

Game day! HOLY MOTHER F$%&ING $H1T!!!!! I have NEVER seen that many cars parked in East Campus... they were parking cars in the lawn of the Sanitarium for overflow... we were able to park in teh lawn between oakland and the health and human services building... It was teh best tailgate atmosphere I have EVER had at WMU. Great weather, great people... great tailgate spot amoungst the trees... Just inbelievable.

Made the trek to the game... had some decents seats in lower B on around the 20yrd line Seelye Center side... Unfortunately was right there for Ohio's first TD... assisted by a tipped ball interception... It was apparent that Ohio was going to take away Franklin early. It was also apparent that Ohio wasn't going to fall for those jet sweeps to Braverman. This is where WMU's offense started to look like the WMU of past and go vertical... Ohio was using ONE safety who was playing dangersously close to the line of scrimmage most of the game... We don't turn the ball over those three times this game would have been a bigger laugher than it was... Once WMU went up 14-7 you could see the energy drain out of the Ohio players... The kickoff teams for WMU seemed to be dancing and taunting the Ohio return team players before the kicks... it was AWESOME!

The DJ seemed to edit on the fly some of the language in some of the songs he was playing, and I think that might have been by design after some complaints from previous games. The players OBVIOUSLY LOVE the addition of the DJ... they were dancing the whole game out there... (Even saw an Ohio backup qb out in a huddle shucking and jiving to a groove played by Ill Mix...). Here's the one largest take away from that DJ sitautuion that I finally was able to put to rest by making an actual game... The Band still remains a HUGE focal point of the game day experience and that is HUGE! I was worried that the band would be shuffled to the background ... and that was obviously not the case.

This WMU team played physical.... they played smart... and they played like a TEAM. Franklin got his yards and piled up three more TD's.... and even though Phillips, Braverman... and even Franklin at the beginning was getting shut down... We pull out Davis... always a trump card in this deck.... LOVE IT! Defense got something like EIGHT sacks!!!!? WOW...

Just a great game day experience... made it back to the car... threw teh ball around a bit and drank a couple beers while having giddy conversation about the game... I got up this morning and put on my bronco gear just to hang on to that energy for just a little bit longer.

GO BRONCOS! ROWING THE BOAT!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2014 11:47 PM by flushtheherd.)
10-26-2014 08:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bronco89 Offline
Special Teams

RE: Flush breakdown - HOMECOMING - Ohio
"Made the trek to the game... had some decents seets in lower B on around the 20yrd line Seelye Center side... Unfortunately was right there for EMU's first TD... assisted by a tipped ball interception.."

That must of been one hell of a tailgating party given that we were playing Ohio :).
10-26-2014 08:48 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-26-2014 08:48 AM)bronco89 Wrote:  "Made the trek to the game... had some decents seets in lower B on around the 20yrd line Seelye Center side... Unfortunately was right there for EMU's first TD... assisted by a tipped ball interception.."

That must of been one hell of a tailgating party given that we were playing Ohio :).

Fixed thanks... I was just reading the EMU game breakdown for teh weekend... I think the green and white association got to me... :)
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2014 08:51 AM by flushtheherd.)
10-26-2014 08:51 AM
Advertisement

bronco89 Offline
Special Teams

Just pulling your chain..... thanks for the summary. I was there as well with the family and it was a great time. My oldest is interested in WMU and we did a campus tour before the game. I think the whole experience may have sold him on WMU. Very excited with the potential of having another Bronco in the family!
10-26-2014 08:55 AM
stdatwmu Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Glad to hear your experience was so damn good. Ours was much the same, though shortened - we didn't get to the tailgate until close to noon after the 5K / showering / walking back up to campus. But we did walk from where we were staying (near W. Main & W. Michigan by the RR tracks) and there were people out and about all the way there and the tailgate lots were all packed. Quite a sight. Absolutely perfect day for a football game in Kalamazoo.
10-26-2014 09:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.