Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Just want to say...
Bookmark and Share
itsmeagain Offline
1st String

I Root For: GSU
Just want to say...
I've had a great week. It sucks that the game went the way it did, but i loved seeing an almost packed lower bowl in the dome, and i loved that we had so many students arrive. It shows me not only that this is a rivalry, but that it's going to help our school so much in getting fans riled up and giving them a reason to care.

I talked a lot of smack; i did it on purpose. I wanted our fans to get riled up, i wanted your fans to get riled up. I wanted as many people to turn up as possible, from both schools. I wanted to see both sides care. I think an atmosphere like this is exactly what we need, to prove to me and everyone else just how much impact our football team can have for our school. This was the first time i've heard kids at school talking about a football game. I went out around town after the game wearing my gear and had so many people asking me about how the game went.

The score sucked. But the impact that having a game like this had has been incredible. I never used to believe it, but now i know that i love that Southern was added to the conference, and i love that we hate each other and that we all get riled up. This is a huge deal for GSU athletics, and i hope it lasts and continues like it did this year for many years to come. This can really be something special.

I've had a great week. I can't wait until we play you at basketball. Everything i said, all the smack, was to rile everyone up, and it worked. It's obviously not personal, i just wanted to our school to have this atmosphere, and we absolutely did. Thanks guys, i can't wait until we play you at basketball, and next year, and every season after.

Congrats on the win. You beat the hell out of us. I stayed the whole time, i loved taking it in even with the beating.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2014 09:56 PM by itsmeagain.)
10-25-2014 09:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eagle9098 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS
RE: Just want to say...
1st of all I dont think you said all you did just to rile people up, I think you meant most of it because you just dont like us, and thats OK. As far as a rivalry, it may be for a short period but my guess is that GS will continue to win and be successful and move on from the SB conf. in as few as 10 years or less. Call me bold but thats my opinion.
10-25-2014 10:04 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
It's cool.

Hopefully in the future we can just have normal smack/banter in this series and not take everything so dadgum seriously.
10-25-2014 10:05 PM
HCJag Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
(10-25-2014 10:04 PM)eagle9098 Wrote:  1st of all I dont think you said all you did just to rile people up, I think you meant most of it because you just dont like us, and thats OK. As far as a rivalry, it may be for a short period but my guess is that GS will continue to win and be successful and move on from the SB conf. in as few as 10 years or less. Call me bold but thats my opinion.

Y'all are gonna fit right in.
10-25-2014 10:08 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(10-25-2014 10:04 PM)eagle9098 Wrote:  1st of all I dont think you said all you did just to rile people up, I think you meant most of it because you just dont like us, and thats OK. As far as a rivalry, it may be for a short period but my guess is that GS will continue to win and be successful and move on from the SB conf. in as few as 10 years or less. Call me bold but thats my opinion.

move where?
10-25-2014 10:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fencereagle Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GaSo
Gast is about as much of a rival to Georgia Southern as Western Carolina was to us. Funny that you're both kitty cats. Well on to Troy (State).
10-25-2014 10:10 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-25-2014 10:08 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  

move where?

SEC SEC SEC SEC
10-25-2014 10:15 PM
eagle9098 Offline
Special Teams

There is always room at the top fellas. If GS keeps winning it will happen and I believe they will. Speaking as a former player at GS during the late 80's I have seen the success and growth of the school and football program. Its a winning brand that just seems to keep getting better. Oh there will be bumps and there have been but overall I think it will happen, that GS eventually gets into a bigger conf. and moves on. Not taking anything away from any other schools here because I dont know enough about your programs other than when I used to play against them in the 80's. Maybe some of you guys continue on and progress also. I can only speak for what I believe and witness going on at GS.
10-25-2014 10:17 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

The only leagues we could join that would be a clear step up we have practically no chance of getting into. I'm fine with where we are and I think most GS fans are, too.

Also, define rivalry any way you want and State is is either already a rival or will inevitably become one. Saying they can't be a good belt team is just dumb. We need to stop getting worked up over how some State fans talked like they would leave us in the dust when we're basically doing the same thing now
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2014 10:33 PM by EigenEagle.)
10-25-2014 10:28 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
(10-25-2014 10:17 PM)eagle9098 Wrote:  There is always room at the top fellas. If GS keeps winning it will happen and I believe they will. Speaking as a former player at GS during the late 80's I have seen the success and growth of the school and football program. Its a winning brand that just seems to keep getting better. Oh there will be bumps and there have been but overall I think it will happen, that GS eventually gets into a bigger conf. and moves on. Not taking anything away from any other schools here because I dont know enough about your programs other than when I used to play against them in the 80's. Maybe some of you guys continue on and progress also. I can only speak for what I believe and witness going on at GS.

So are all Georgia Southern former players douchebags as well?

EDIT: you'd think for guys that talk about their winning history so much, they'd know how to act like they've won before.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2014 10:36 PM by TheRevSWT.)
10-25-2014 10:35 PM
eagle9098 Offline
Special Teams

(10-25-2014 10:28 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  The only leagues we could join that would be a clear step up we have practically no chance of getting into. I'm fine with where we are and I think most GS fans are, too.

Also, define rivalry any way you want and State is is either already a rival or will inevitably become one. Saying they can't be a good belt is just dumb. We need to stop getting worked up over how some State fans talked like they would leave us in the dust when we're basically doing the same thing now

I never said they couldnt be. As far as moving into a better conf. most want to get better and get into the bigger national picture. Thats what we wanted as players and thats what any coach would want. Thats what Coach Russell wanted. No we cant get in to another right now but things change every year and you will never no what can happen. But if you arent winning when the time comes it will pass you by. If your fine staying in the belt forever then you are in the minority on that one. By the way I did say 10 years.
10-25-2014 10:37 PM
Advertisement

eagle9098 Offline
Special Teams

(10-25-2014 10:35 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  
(10-25-2014 10:17 PM)eagle9098 Wrote:  There is always room at the top fellas. If GS keeps winning it will happen and I believe they will. Speaking as a former player at GS during the late 80's I have seen the success and growth of the school and football program. Its a winning brand that just seems to keep getting better. Oh there will be bumps and there have been but overall I think it will happen, that GS eventually gets into a bigger conf. and moves on. Not taking anything away from any other schools here because I dont know enough about your programs other than when I used to play against them in the 80's. Maybe some of you guys continue on and progress also. I can only speak for what I believe and witness going on at GS.

So are all Georgia Southern former players douchebags as well?

EDIT: you'd think for guys that talk about their winning history so much, they'd know how to act like they've won before.

No just me son.
10-25-2014 10:40 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
(10-25-2014 10:40 PM)eagle9098 Wrote:  No just me son.

Good to know it's an individual problem.
10-25-2014 10:42 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State

lololololololololololololol
10-25-2014 10:45 PM
Tiguar Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
(10-25-2014 10:04 PM)eagle9098 Wrote:  my guess is that GS will continue to win and be successful and move on from the SB conf. in as few as 10 years or less

LO-FRICKING-L. CAN ANYONE IN THIS CONFERENCE HAVE ANY SUCCESS WITHOUT THINKING YOURE P5 MATERIAL
10-25-2014 10:45 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
State wants so badly for there to be a rivalry because they need this rivalry. They get so many benefits out of it, and meanwhile Southern gets very little from it. There's a general dislike between the students/Alumni of each school, so the seeds for a rivalry are there, but as of right now, there is no competitiveness in it. Until State can produce something that can be taken seriously, I doubt any real rivalry will form. Now that the first game is over and the Eagles have proven everything they came to prove, I expect it to die down, and I don't think this game will get the same hype in the coming years as it did this year.
10-25-2014 10:55 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-25-2014 10:45 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  
(10-25-2014 10:04 PM)eagle9098 Wrote:  my guess is that GS will continue to win and be successful and move on from the SB conf. in as few as 10 years or less

LO-FRICKING-L. CAN ANYONE IN THIS CONFERENCE HAVE ANY SUCCESS WITHOUT THINKING YOURE P5 MATERIAL

P5? I was thinking NFC East.
10-25-2014 11:04 PM
bullitt_60 Offline
All American

(10-25-2014 11:04 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Let's be realistic. Not the NFL or the SEC. We're obviously ACC material.
10-25-2014 11:18 PM
AtlantaMountaineer Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Appalachian St
I wondered how long it would take the rest of the Sunbelt Conference fans to find out why App State fans hate GS so much. I think their true colors are about to come out now.
10-25-2014 11:21 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(10-25-2014 11:04 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

i wasn't even being a punk. i honestly just wondered where he was thinking.

unless there is an eventual cusa-sbc shakeup/merge i honest to god can't imagine their target. aac? nothing in their current or future resume would make them a remote possibility imo.

bigger than aac? really? i know those folks are delusional but this breaks new ground.
10-25-2014 11:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.