Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Boise St. taking BYU to the woodshed
PirateJP Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU; Charlotte
OT: Boise St. taking BYU to the woodshed
20-0 with 11 minutes left in the 1st half. The conference needs BYU to mount a comeback to help several teams SOS.
10-24-2014 09:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
RE: OT: Boise St. taking BYU to the woodshed
Dude, don't take your Marshall insecurities out on UCF.
10-24-2014 09:09 PM
PirateJP Offline
All American

I couldn't care less about Marshall, i'm more worried about ECU taking care of their business. ECU can't control anything about Marshall.
10-24-2014 09:17 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
(10-24-2014 09:17 PM)PirateJP Wrote:  I couldn't care less about Marshall, i'm more worried about ECU taking care of their business. ECU can't control anything about Marshall.

So what does BYU have to do with ECU?
10-24-2014 09:19 PM
PirateJP Offline
All American

A BYU win boosts the SOS of UCF, which in turn boosts the SOS of ECU
10-24-2014 09:43 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Boise St. winning actually keeps Colorado State out of any discussion.
10-24-2014 09:58 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(10-24-2014 09:43 PM)PirateJP Wrote:  A BYU win boosts the SOS of UCF, which in turn boosts the SOS of ECU

[Image: casty.gif]
10-24-2014 09:59 PM
apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
(10-24-2014 09:09 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  Dude, don't take your Marshall insecurities out on UCF.

Dude, you need a drink...or a day off...or something. Your post is coming out of nowhere.
10-24-2014 10:01 PM
apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
(10-24-2014 09:59 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(10-24-2014 09:43 PM)PirateJP Wrote:  A BYU win boosts the SOS of UCF, which in turn boosts the SOS of ECU

[Image: casty.gif]

Did they change the formula? Part of it used to be your opponent's record and your opponent's opponent's record.
10-24-2014 10:03 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
(10-24-2014 09:58 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  Boise St. winning actually keeps Colorado State out of any discussion.

It's not a conference game so them winning actually does nothing. But if they lose it hurts Col States SOS more.
10-24-2014 10:05 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(10-24-2014 10:05 PM)NBPirate Wrote:  
(10-24-2014 09:58 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  Boise St. winning actually keeps Colorado State out of any discussion.

It's not a conference game so them winning actually does nothing. But if they lose it hurts Col States SOS more.

Ahh, You're right.
10-24-2014 10:08 PM
Advertisement

PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
The announcers in this game just ran down the G5 Access Bowl picture. The announcers said that Boise has a chance for the bid if they win out and if ECU and Marshall both lose a game. The announcers then said that Boise really needs ECU to lose another game in order for Boise to get into the conversation; because that is the real road block for them, because Marshall might not get as much consideration for the bowl due to the fact that their schedule is really suspect.
10-24-2014 11:12 PM
CornellCoog Offline
1st String

I Root For: UH and Cornell
BYU gets a huge *. 4-0 and one of the hottest teams in the country to start their season. Lose their all-everything QB vs. Utah State and about to lose their 4th straight without him.
10-24-2014 11:15 PM
DrBox Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
Indy not elevating BYU.
Time to come to the good-side. With Boise, SDSU and 1 other.
10-24-2014 11:32 PM
fishpro1098 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
(10-24-2014 11:15 PM)CornellCoog Wrote:  BYU gets a huge *. 4-0 and one of the hottest teams in the country to start their season. Lose their all-everything QB vs. Utah State and about to lose their 4th straight without him.

BYU lost 55-30. I would argue their defense was the weakest link.
10-25-2014 01:32 AM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
(10-25-2014 01:32 AM)fishpro1098 Wrote:  
(10-24-2014 11:15 PM)CornellCoog Wrote:  BYU gets a huge *. 4-0 and one of the hottest teams in the country to start their season. Lose their all-everything QB vs. Utah State and about to lose their 4th straight without him.

BYU lost 55-30. I would argue their defense was the weakest link.

their offense works better when their starting QB is in the game. Hence they might have scored more points....or they might have been able to hold on to the ball longer....keeping Boise State from scoring as much
10-25-2014 04:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
As soon as BYU loses 1 or 2 games...they have nothing to play for...as they won't make the playoffs...and they don't even have a conf or a conf division title to fight for.

It will get old...as year after year after year...BYU will end up with 4-5 (or more) losses...with nothing to fight for come early Oct...as it looks like this will be the 4th year out of the last 5 that BYU will end up with at least 5 losses.

BYU's "last big bowl game" (if you can call it that) was the 2001 Liberty Bowl.

BYU's last conf championship was in 2007 with obviously no shot playing for another one until they give up their Independent dream.

BYU, because of the church, will always have a good pool of athletes that grow up dreaming for BYU...but BYU because great in some years because they were able to convince some non-mormons to join their squad because they were so good...and without that carrot...they might struggle to get in the future.
10-25-2014 06:30 AM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
(10-24-2014 11:32 PM)DrBox Wrote:  Indy not elevating BYU.
Time to come to the good-side. With Boise, SDSU and 1 other.

You do realize that BYU makes over $6 million a year on their TV contract. Taking a $4 million a year drop to join us, just to get access to a bowl... I think they will stay indy and wait to see if the B12 expands and this time they might not be so arrogant and play nice.
10-25-2014 09:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
(10-25-2014 06:30 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  As soon as BYU loses 1 or 2 games...they have nothing to play for...as they won't make the playoffs...and they don't even have a conf or a conf division title to fight for.

It will get old...as year after year after year...BYU will end up with 4-5 (or more) losses...with nothing to fight for come early Oct...as it looks like this will be the 4th year out of the last 5 that BYU will end up with at least 5 losses.

BYU's last conf championship was in 2007 with obviously no shot playing for another one until they give up their Independent dream.

BYU, because of the church, will always have a good pool of athletes that grow up dreaming for BYU...but BYU because great in some years because they were able to convince some non-mormons to join their squad because they were so good...and without that carrot...they might struggle to get in the future.

They do have Bowl tie ins... as long as they hit 6 wins, they will be playing the AAC in the Miami Bowl.

In time, I can see them getting better bowl tie ins even as an indy, mainly cause ESPN has invested a decent chunk of change in them.
10-25-2014 09:41 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(10-25-2014 09:41 AM)mtmedlin Wrote:  
(10-25-2014 06:30 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  As soon as BYU loses 1 or 2 games...they have nothing to play for...as they won't make the playoffs...and they don't even have a conf or a conf division title to fight for.

They do have Bowl tie ins... as long as they hit 6 wins, they will be playing the AAC in the Miami Bowl.

In time, I can see them getting better bowl tie ins even as an indy, mainly cause ESPN has invested a decent chunk of change in them.

Almost if not all AAC teams that reach 6 wins will go bowling too...but there is a huge difference fighting for a conf divisional title (chance to play in conf champ game) and/or trying to win a conf championship...vs just trying to be bowl eligible.

BYU having zero championships to play for...Independent life could get old...and maybe they move over to AAC when the AAC Deal is up for grabs and having BYU join should help the conf $$ grow even more.
10-25-2014 09:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.