Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Syracuse now under investigation
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
Basketball and Football under investigation for actions that go back up to 10 years. The ACC is taking a hammering this week.... whos next?
10-23-2014 09:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
RE: Syracuse now under investigation
EXXXXXCCCEEELLLLEEENNTT!
10-23-2014 09:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
Damn, they have sucked.
10-23-2014 09:41 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
lol cuse...nothing like cheating AND sucking. At least UNC has been good.

cheat fail

ps: the ACC can stop with the "we're better than you horse$#@%". They obviously aren't.
10-23-2014 09:43 PM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
I just have a feeling about FSU... Their recruiting just kinda spiked real quick and they got better real fast. Could be legit but well see.
10-23-2014 09:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

USFRamenu Away
Enthusiast

I Root For: South Florida
Nothing will happen to Cuse. They're in the All Cheaters Conference now. Move along, nothing to see here. 07-coffee3
10-23-2014 09:47 PM
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
Sec is taking notes
10-23-2014 09:48 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(10-23-2014 09:12 PM)mtmedlin Wrote:  Basketball and Football under investigation for actions that go back up to 10 years. The ACC is taking a hammering this week.... whos next?

for what?

sucking
10-23-2014 09:49 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
Nothing will happen to them, no matter what they've done. They're P5.

But Buffalo may pay a price for this.
10-23-2014 11:34 PM
Advertisement

KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(10-23-2014 09:12 PM)mtmedlin Wrote:  Basketball and Football under investigation for actions that go back up to 10 years. The ACC is taking a hammering this week.... whos next?

Reported academic fraud for just the hoop program goes back at least 10 years...I would be shocked, shocked, SHOCKED, if the NCAA penalizes Syracuse for using ALL those dozens of players (including some players on National Championship Team), if they end up with the same devastating penalties that UCF got (loss of 6 scholarships, huge reductions in recruiting/scouting/official visits, etc...) and loss of all wins over 3 years, let alone 10 plus seasons.

Check that...revoking past wins is a joke (something FSU initially proposed for their academic fraud cases for their football team) as that penalizes nothing, especially going forward.
10-24-2014 07:10 AM
otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
cheating means nothing at FSU. famous jameis was sheltered from a rape by the university. rape is a lot more of an offense than simple academic fraud.

yes, the victim had inconsistencies in her story.......but based on the university's actions...... even if she went to the hospital the next day and had a rape kit confirm winston's DNA....... i cant see FSU behaving any differently....... they would have still moved to protect him.
10-24-2014 09:14 AM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
link?
10-24-2014 09:22 AM
ECBrad Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
My aunt is an NCState ticket holder and her and all her friends are convinced there is a conspiracy going on in the NCAA against the ACC. Going to be funny listening to her if both UNC and cuse get in trouble.
10-24-2014 09:25 AM
Advertisement

2tigers Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U of M and LSU
(10-23-2014 09:44 PM)mtmedlin Wrote:  I just have a feeling about FSU... Their recruiting just kinda spiked real quick and they got better real fast. Could be legit but well see.

Can you say Ole Miss
10-24-2014 09:28 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
Where did Johnny Boy go...?
10-24-2014 09:58 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
(10-24-2014 09:28 AM)2tigers Wrote:  
(10-23-2014 09:44 PM)mtmedlin Wrote:  I just have a feeling about FSU... Their recruiting just kinda spiked real quick and they got better real fast. Could be legit but well see.

Can you say Ole Miss

This ^^^. FSU is going to attract the best. In Florida, 80k fans, and just elite brand. Ole Miss has to recruit goes to hell hole Mississippi and they are pulling the best.
10-24-2014 10:02 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(10-24-2014 09:14 AM)otown Wrote:  cheating means nothing at FSU. famous jameis was sheltered from a rape by the university. rape is a lot more of an offense than simple academic fraud.

yes, the victim had inconsistencies in her story.......but based on the university's actions...... even if she went to the hospital the next day and had a rape kit confirm winston's DNA....... i cant see FSU behaving any differently....... they would have still moved to protect him.

The victim didn't wait till the next day to the go the hospital...she went to the hospital just hours after the alleged attack.

Its sad that there is soooo much misinformation and blaming of the victim that so few know the facts from that case.

Yahoo Sports had a great time line article of exactly what this girl went through, almost immediately after her alleged attack:

From link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ugly-treatm...ncaaf.html

On Dec. 7, 2012, at 3:22 a.m. ET, the Florida State University police received a call from a female friend of the woman looking to report a "sexual batter[y] by an unknown subject," according to the investigative report by James Newlin of the State Attorney's Office.

The woman had been driven on a scooter to a corner near her dorm by, she would much later learn, Jameis Winston at about 2 a.m. She soon went to her room and via text and phone call told her friend she had been raped at a nearby apartment. The friend came over and soon called the FSU police.
An officer was dispatched to the dorm, took an initial statement and then contacted the Tallahassee Police Department because the incident took place off campus. At 4:10 a.m. a TPD officer arrived for another interview and the collection of clothes she wore for possible evidence.

An additional interview was conducted at the hospital until it was determined that due to exhaustion, things could wait until the next day. That night the woman got word to her parents in the Tampa area about what happened. They immediately drove to Tallahassee, "my dad went like 100 the whole way," the woman texted one of her friends later. The woman also informed a number of her friends.

The next day, at 3:45 p.m., the woman went to the Tallahassee police and sat for a detailed interview that was recorded both via video and audio.

At no time did she name her alleged assailant because she didn't know who it was.

It wasn't until Jan. 10, 2013, more than a month after the alleged incident, that the woman walked into one of her FSU classes, recognized the man and waited for roll call to hear his name … Jameis Winston.

She called the TPD and left a message with the reporting officer. He called back the next day and was directed to the woman's aunt, who is also an attorney, and who expressed immediate concern about going forward because Winston, a heralded recruit expected to be FSU's next starting quarterback, was, "a big name on campus," according a TPD police report.

So … for this to be a false accusation of rape, for this woman to be making this entire thing up in an effort to get Jameis Winston or take down FSU football or to scheme for money or to do it out of scorn or revenge, for this woman to not believe 100 percent that she was, indeed, raped, to believe she never consented to sex that night, the following would've had to occur.

• She needed to immediately tell a friend she was assaulted.

• She needed to have that friend call the police and subject herself to questioning.

• She needed the first police department to call a second police department for another interview and evidence collection.

• She needed all of this to occur in her dorm, where the presence of police, and thus the painful reason for their presence, would surely be known by all of the other students.

• She needed to admit she was out drinking despite being underage. She needed to admit she left a bar alone with three men when she didn't even know their names. She needed to admit getting in a cab and going to their apartment. All of this is behavior that would be, for many, embarrassing or even shameful to discuss.

• She needed to willingly go to the hospital and endure a rape kit, which, by all accounts, is one of the most dehumanizing and humiliating experiences a person can go through.

• She needed to have another talk with police at the hospital and discuss her drinking and actions that night with medical professionals. She needed to willingly subject herself to a toxicology test.

• She needed to wake her parents in the middle of the night and talk to them about being assaulted, while acknowledging behavior (drinking, leaving the bar with strange men, etc.) that they presumably would disapprove. How many women want to discuss sex, in any way, shape or form, with their father?

She needed to tell more friends of this behavior the next day, even though the least humiliating thing she could have ever done was never tell anyone where she was. Other than Winston and his two FSU teammates he lived with, no one knew where she went that night. Had she been embarrassed by consensual actions, she could've just remained silent and hoped to never run into guys she didn't even know again.

• She needed to go to the TPD the next afternoon for an additional interview, which was recorded. She needed to file a false police report knowing that, if it were proven she lied, she would be prosecuted. She needed to repeatedly lie to the police, another crime.

So she did all of that, she subjected herself to what was likely embarrassment over her actions and the incident to her parents, friends, dormmates, police, nurses and so on, underwent the horror of a rape kit, she did all of that to accuse … no one.

No one.

Not Jameis Winston. Not an FSU football player. Not someone she was trying to get back at or wanted the attention of or whatever other motivation there might be.

She accused no one. She had no name. She had no real identification. She had nothing.

Remember, she didn't realize it was Winston until over a month later, where, now with so much time between the incident that, should she have been making this up or embellishing it or just doing it as some sick plan to get attention and sympathy, she could've let it fade off forever without any consequence.

According to FBI studies of false reports, it would actually be more believable – although still extremely unlikely – that she invented the entire thing if she had never found Winston. More plausible, although extremely unlikely, is that she had invented an unknown (and thus assuredly never to be found) attacker.

Instead she called the cops and found their suspect for them despite immediately realizing that he was a big name and this would complicate her life and this case immensely.
10-24-2014 11:25 AM
Advertisement

john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
(10-24-2014 09:58 AM)HuskyU Wrote:  Where did Johnny Boy go...?

right here buddy.
10-24-2014 10:42 PM
apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
Syracuse must have confirmed that UNC was going to be treated lightly and decided now was the best time for this to come to light.
10-24-2014 10:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.