Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Week 9: Sunbelt Prediction Thread
Bookmark and Share
GSUCadet Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GS & GT
Week 9: Sunbelt Prediction Thread
More conference play going into mid October, and we have a couple of really good match-ups this week(end). One game may determine who has the best shot at being the/a conference champion (Arkansas State @ Louisiana) and one is the beginning of a heated rivalry (Georgia Southern @ Georgia State). Here are my predictions for the Sunbelt for week 9:

Arkansas State @ Louisiana 24-17: Louisiana showed us last week that they still are one of the best teams in the Sunbelt. With their easy win over Texas State, this game is sure to be a good one on a Tuesday night. Arkansas State has been fairly consistent this season, is well rested after a bye week, and will bring their A game into Lafayette. I think Arkansas State will win this.

Troy @ South Alabama 42-24: Troy has been the most inconsistent team in the Sunbelt this season. From blowing out NMSU, to being blown out by App State back to back. South Alabama, with a close scare to Georgia State last week, won't make the same mistake twice. South Alabama will make a statement at home on a Friday night.

Georgia Southern @ Georgia State 52-14: This will be the only game of the season where a traveling team has more fans present then the home team. After the years buildup of a possible in-state rivalry, this one will be interesting. Georgia State will be playing their best this year. Georgia Southern will not overlook this game, and will not feel bad about running up the score. Some may think this game will be close, I do not. Georgia Southern gets an easy win in the dome.

Texas State @ Louisiana Monroe 31-28: Texas State was expected to play Louisiana closer last week, but did not deliver. Louisiana Monroe put up a good fight against Kentucky in the first quarter last week, but ultimately broke down the other three. Both teams have a lose in conference play, and tend to play close. I think this will be close, with a win for Louisiana Monroe.
10-19-2014 01:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
RE: Week 9: Sunbelt Prediction Thread
stAte over ULL by 7
USA over Troy by 14
GS over GSU by 21
ULM over Tex St by 3
10-19-2014 01:40 PM
sarkelcpa Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS, Ohio St.
Week 9 SBC spreads:

ASU: -3
UL: +3

Troy: +12
USA: -12

TXST: +2
ULM: -2

GS: -15
GSU: +15
10-19-2014 04:29 PM
DoubleAggie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
ArkSt over ULL
Troy over USA
GSU over GSU ( or GS over GS )
ULM over TxSt

With the Aggies off I'm on a sports sabbatical.

Have fun y'all.
10-19-2014 04:39 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Unintentional Rivalry Week? State vs Southern, Troy vs South, AState vs Cajuns

Do Texas State and ULM hate each other for any reason?
10-19-2014 07:29 PM
SOT1977 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM
(10-19-2014 07:29 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Unintentional Rivalry Week? State vs Southern, Troy vs South, AState vs Cajuns

I got nothing against Texas State...beautiful campus, great town...but, of course, I want ULM to win the game. That's probably the opinion of most Warhawk fans.
10-20-2014 10:03 AM
Advertisement

TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
(10-19-2014 07:29 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Unintentional Rivalry Week? State vs Southern, Troy vs South, AState vs Cajuns

I hate that our QB threw 2 pick 6's to them last year (or they grabbed 2 pick 6's... however you want to call it).

Does that count?
10-20-2014 10:36 AM
Hail The Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
stAte
USA
GS
TXST
10-20-2014 10:39 AM
CAJUNCOUNTRY Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana
A-state-UL Cajuns by two don't call it an upset
GaSo-GaSt GaSo wins closer than you think
TxSt-ULM TxSt bounces back toss up
Troy-USA USA in another game closer than expected
10-20-2014 10:45 AM
tx.state Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TXST

I hate ULM because I can't find a reason to hate them...at least so far...
10-20-2014 10:53 AM
Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
I predict that after the State/Southern game, the fanbase of a university in Georgia will get to enjoy the fact that karma has been served to the fans of their opponent. This school's fans will implore their rivals/non-rivals to openly eat crow. Some will be surprised by the outcome, some won't.

You know I'm right.
10-20-2014 12:02 PM
Advertisement

sarkelcpa Offline
Special Teams

(10-20-2014 12:02 PM)Pounce FTW Wrote:  I predict that after the State/Southern game, the fanbase of a university in Georgia will get to enjoy the fact that karma has been served to the fans of their opponent. This school's fans will implore their rivals/non-rivals to openly eat crow. Some will be surprised by the outcome, some won't.

You know I'm right.

Pounce, don't be cryptic. What do you really think?
10-20-2014 12:14 PM
RustonCAT Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte/Latech
Arkansas state over ULL

Losing Jamal Robinson really hurts ULLs attack. Robinson is the kind of guy that most teams want to bracket cover him or flat out double team. His speed almost forced coverages to use safety help. No other WR on that roster scares me. This absence will allow the best rush defense in the sunbelt to attack broadway with various looks and stunts. 1 dimensional ULL is not going to beat Ark st. Unless robinsons foot heals or Brandon Marshall comes to town I don't see aSU worried about Broadway's throwing ability.

ASU 31
ULL 17
10-20-2014 01:48 PM
BlueBird10 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Georgia Southern
Arkansas State (-2) @ Louisiana: 27-20
Close, well fought game by both sides but the Red Wolves hang on to win.

Troy @ South Alabama (-13.5): 35-17
I predict a butt whooping in this one. Troy is in a bad place and South Alabama made an impression on me when the Eagles traveled to Mobile.

Georgia Southern (-16) @ Georgia State: 42-14
I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles win this one by 50+ but I could see Arbuckle throwing a couple TDs to save a little face.

Texas State @ ULM (-3.5): 24-17
From what I've seen so far regarding Texas State, they are a solid up-and-coming team with a lot of potential. Home field advantage will help ULM but Texas State will be a notch above.
10-20-2014 02:04 PM
SpeedkingATL Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
stAte @ Louisiana - Both teams are playing good football currently but gotta so with stAte, 28-24.
Troy @ South Alabama - I've seen both teams play against App. USA pushed App all over the field and App more than held their own against Troy in the trenches. USA wins 41-21.
Georgia Southern @ Georgia State - This might seem like a home game for the Eagles at The Dome. Ga State plays almost everyone tough, but just can't get over the hump. I see the Eagles running for 450 yards but Arbuckle keeps it close for a half. Eagles win 48-21.
Texas State @ Louisiana Monroe - Both teams have been up and down but I expect the Monroe defense to slow down the Kats enough for the win. Birds win 28-24.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2014 02:10 PM by SpeedkingATL.)
10-20-2014 02:10 PM
Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
(10-20-2014 12:14 PM)sarkelcpa Wrote:  
(10-20-2014 12:02 PM)Pounce FTW Wrote:  I predict that after the State/Southern game, the fanbase of a university in Georgia will get to enjoy the fact that karma has been served to the fans of their opponent. This school's fans will implore their rivals/non-rivals to openly eat crow. Some will be surprised by the outcome, some won't.

You know I'm right.

Well if I really had to put my fortune on it, I'd go with the obvious. But I have The Faith.
10-20-2014 02:14 PM
Advertisement

sarkelcpa Offline
Special Teams

(10-20-2014 02:14 PM)Pounce FTW Wrote:  
(10-20-2014 12:14 PM)sarkelcpa Wrote:  

You know I'm right.

Well if I really had to put my fortune on it, I'd go with the obvious. But I have The Faith.

As well you should. Let's hope that they both play up to their expectations and nobody gets hurt. May the best team win.
10-20-2014 04:08 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
(10-20-2014 02:10 PM)SpeedkingATL Wrote:  Texas State @ Louisiana Monroe - Both teams have been up and down but I expect the Monroe defense to slow down the Kats enough for the win. Birds win 28-24.

Please don't call us the Kats. That's too close to the BearKats of Sam Houston State.
10-20-2014 04:31 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
As it relates to the Cajuns, this thread is closely tracking last week's prediction thread.

I can only hope the Cajuns perform as well on the field this week as last. As one poster pointed out, the loss of Jamal Robinson is big, but then, that's football.
10-20-2014 04:48 PM
StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
stAte @ Louisiana - 37-27
Troy @ South Alabama - 28-10
Georgia Southern @ Georgia State - You know the saying about "want in one hand"... Yeah. 38-24
Texas State @ Louisiana Monroe - 27-24
10-20-2014 04:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.